• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Duality; precontest 09

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
your new avi looks sick jason :)

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looking good for 2 weeks out !!!

keep it up bro :thumbsup2:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
One offseason with below parallel squats and your hams will be right up with your quads. Nothing seems to hit the hams like ATG squats. I've been squatting to the floor and I've seen incredible improvements in a bodypart which was once a weakpoint.

I've barely even been doing any single targetting hamstring exercises. I figure I crush the hams enough just from my ATG squats, and about every other workout I'll add in leg curls (that's all).

Years ago, I used to do leg curls and heavy stiff legged deadlifts every leg workout. But, my squats weren't low at all. Because of this, my hamstrings lacked against everything.

Couldn't agree more with this... these, and the occasional VERY wide stance Bulgarian squats, and some lying leg curls are all you will ever need to do for your hamstrings.... throw in some leg presses, and these are the only exercises for legs you will ever need.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you very much and in retrospect i feel you (and james) are correct in your assesment.

:thumbsup2:

i do however feel i will look very good come show day and as you said, build on it for next time. however there was a little method to the thought process. the light heavies, as i'm sure you're aware, are freaking stacked. even in top condition, it wouldn't be a sure thing. i have a much better shot of placing top 2 in the heavies (less guys, and typically at this level, less conditioned) and achieving my goal of qualifying for the nationals. i was at this show last year, these guys weren't shredded (except for the winner) and i know i can come in big and full with decent enough condition to place top 2.

You'll absolutely look 'very good' on stage, no doubt. But if you were a bit leaner, you could look great. I do understand your reasoning for wanting to get into a particular class, but you're 20 years old, you have plenty of time to compete at a national level if you wish to stick with this.

The best learning experience you can get from one contest to the next is to get yourself as lean as possible, and then see how your body responds to the typical 'final week' manipulations. The way it might respond at 7% and at 5% are likely very different.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:thumbsup2:

You'll absolutely look 'very good' on stage, no doubt. But if you were a bit leaner, you could look great. I do understand your reasoning for wanting to get into a particular class, but you're 20 years old, you have plenty of time to compete at a national level if you wish to stick with this.

The best learning experience you can get from one contest to the next is to get yourself as lean as possible, and then see how your body responds to the typical 'final week' manipulations. The way it might respond at 7% and at 5% are likely very different.

ahh the wisdom of IS, thanks. i just think it would be cool to be nationally qualified so young. i'll be updating this with mandatories and shots such as these and more.

and thank you adam and miami

Joeb23

Joeb23

Damn bro you look sick! Are you natty? If so, even more props. Anyways good luck at the the show. You said something before about top two, I am hoping you win your class. GOOD LUCK!

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn bro you look sick! Are you natty? If so, even more props. Anyways good luck at the the show. You said something before about top two, I am hoping you win your class. GOOD LUCK!

thank you very much. and yes, i am completely, 100% natural(ly handsome) ;)

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, cut the shit Jas... where are those glute shots? :gaygay:

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok, cut the shit Jas... where are those glute shots? :gaygay:

we tried. they're actually too large for the camera to capture all at once :keke:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
we tried. they're actually too large for the camera to capture all at once :keke:

That honestly wouldn't surprise me. Tell the photographer to take a few steps back!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mmmmm, 12 days out.... mandatories, mandatories!!!! :D:D:D

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Them photos look awesome man, like tkD said, they look like something from MD lol. You look ace though, looking forward to those mandatories and hope everythings going well.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol those of you just wanting mandatories. you really can't guess what they'd look like based off of these? you'll get your mandatories.

oh and thank you Lance. i thought the same thing when i saw them :)

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol those of you just wanting mandatories. you really can't guess what they'd look like based off of these? you'll get your mandatories.

Nope, we do not! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

PS: I have plans of Creator vs Duality thread,,,,, LOL, just joking :D

bambam55

bambam55

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Just caught myself up with this thread. You look fantastic bud. You really have gained some solid mass when bulking. I wish you luck with your show and hope you can pull it all together.

F

Freakzilla

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Look good but not for two weeks out.

If I were training you I'd have you do an hour of cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and another hour in the evening until about wednesday before the show. Than I would take a look at you and determine how much cardio on the days leading up to the show. Keep in mind this would be pulling out all the stops. Nutrition I'd have you eat most of your carbs (very little) in the morning, than nearly no carbs later during the day. You'd live off turkey, egg whites, tuna, broccolli, asparagus, (anything green) flax seed oil, almonds.....thats pretty much it. Wednesday we'd start your carb up and water deplete. This sounds weird but I'd have you measure your piss and that would help me distinguish how much water you get the next day. Again the carb up process would start slow on wednesday and it would just matter how you looked the next day.

Seriously, for natty shows they look to see who is the most conditioned. You have good muscle bellies and a decent overall structure but that don't mean shit if your not conditioned enough. Right now if your not suffering your doing something wrong.

Sorry for the rant but I'm waiting for our 4 month old to wake up so i can feed her.

Good luck at your show and have fun.

Freak:gaysign:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Look good but not for two weeks out.

If I were training you I'd have you do an hour of cardio in the morning on an empty stomach and another hour in the evening until about wednesday before the show. Than I would take a look at you and determine how much cardio on the days leading up to the show. Keep in mind this would be pulling out all the stops. Nutrition I'd have you eat most of your carbs (very little) in the morning, than nearly no carbs later during the day. You'd live off turkey, egg whites, tuna, broccolli, asparagus, (anything green) flax seed oil, almonds.....thats pretty much it. Wednesday we'd start your carb up and water deplete. This sounds weird but I'd have you measure your piss and that would help me distinguish how much water you get the next day. Again the carb up process would start slow on wednesday and it would just matter how you looked the next day.

Seriously, for natty shows they look to see who is the most conditioned. You have good muscle bellies and a decent overall structure but that don't mean shit if your not conditioned enough. Right now if your not suffering your doing something wrong.

Sorry for the rant but I'm waiting for our 4 month old to wake up so i can feed her.

Good luck at your show and have fun.

Freak:gaysign:

I like this post. :gaysign:
I will co-sign. I want Jason to be in the best shape possible and to do the best he possibly can. With so little time left I would endorse this to get him in the leanest shape we can minus the water.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Freakzilla has made some good statements.