• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Quest for Mass

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Recovery Wolverine Style Pete, Good work.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha I love Wolverine! Me and my buddy used to read the Wolverine series when we were younger. Really looking forward to the movie actually...

Anyway, last night was LEGS!!

1. Front Squats: 305: 5, 3.5, 3
PR. My buddy spotted me on the second set. I felt a little tight on the sets. I warmed up with a bunch of lighter warm up sets, but I guess that's not enough. From now on I think I'm going to do some very light cardio for 5-10 minutes to warm up my legs.

2. SLDL: 310: 6,6
PR. I think I'll stick with this weight until I get a couple more reps. They were all good reps, I just want to make sure my rep range is different then normal deadlifts.

3. Lunges: 250: 8,8
PR. Legs were swole after these!

4. Leg Extension: 200: 8,8 205: 8
PR. Love this exercise. on the last couple reps I could feel my butt wanted to raise off the seat to make the range shorter, but I wouldn't let it!

Overall Real good workout, My shoulder was killing me when I got home though. The position I have to put my hands on the Lunges is the only position thats not good for me. I think what I'll do next week is just hang my arms along the bar, so my arms are parallel to the ground This will be a lot better for my rotator cuff.

SHOUT OUT TO MY BOY JABIR!! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ARNOLD!!

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey man good job on those leg work

heavy front squats, get those front quads pumped for sure!

D

drexel1234

haha yea man im pumped 2 fuckin weeks!!!!!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like Branch says in his training vids.
"2 weeks mother fucker!"
lol great work on the legs pete, big front squats.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Like Branch says in his training vids.
"2 weeks mother fucker!"
lol great work on the legs pete, big front squats.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@Hypocrisy: Absolutely right man, my quads were hella pumped! My quads were feeling engorged when I was done with them.

@Drexel1234: We gotta train together soon. We haven't in forever.

@ Samoan: You gotta love his intensity! No Bull with him. That's how I'm trying to train. Thanks again!

Yesterday was CHEST/CALVES

I'm still being careful with my chest workouts because of my shoulder. I can still feel the injury so I don't want to push it too far.

1. Incline Press: 255: 4,3,3
Didn't feel great. Worst of all, I was training with some kid who wanted to work in with me set for set. I did my warm ups, and set the seat in the exact position I wanted. After his first set, he got all pumped up I guess, and he pushed the seat back after his set, not really sure why. I tried to adjust it, but i just couldn't get it where I wanted.

2. Decline Press: 235: 6 245: 4
Both sets felt really good. I could have done more on 245, but after the 4th rep I could feel my shoulder moving out of the starting position, and I knew it would comprimise my injury so I stopped.

3. Machine Fly: 245: 8,7
PR. Felt pretty good, definitely tough by the second set.

4. Calf Raise (toes forward): 390: 8,8
PR. Felt pretty good!

5. Calf Raise (toes in): 320: 8,8
PR. These felt a little tired. But still good

6. Seated Calf Raise: 205: 12, 12
PR. These are new for me. I had to do this on the smith because we don't have a seated calf raise machine. I put my knees under the bar, put a bench in front of the smith so I could sit down, and a block stepper so I could raise my feet up to do the calf raise. It felt alright, but I don't think I was getting a good enough stretch at the bottom. My heels were touching the ground before I could feel a good stretch.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last Night was a BACK workout.

It's funny, I keep my variables pretty much the same unless something really isn't working. My food intake is the same from day to day, as is my supplementation, and my sleep/recovery, my workout split. everything has been the same, but for some reason last night I was just really into my workout. Everything felt in tune with my mind muscle connection, it was a great workout for that one reason.

1. Underhand BB rows: 280: 8 285: 8,8
PR. Nothing but a peanut! Some deuche was doing 20 pound DB curls for an hour infront of the mirror I was working with, so I couldn't see myself doing the movement like I usually do. So instead I took the oppurtunity to just shut my eyes and do the exercise. I could feel it all the way through, and when I didn't feel the contraction well enough on one rep I would focus extra hard the next. It felt awesome.

2. Pulldowns: 280: 8, 8, 6.5
PR. This was still hard, but I think it went pretty well. I might stick with it just one more week until I feel totally comfortable and have a full ROM every single rep.

3. T bar rows: 190: 8,8,8
PR. This felt awesome! I was really getting it in my middle traps.

4. Rack Chins: 30: 8,8,8
PR. This was the first week I didn't have to do any rest pauses on the sets. It felt perfect this week, and I got a great contraction on just about every rep, excluding maybe the last two on my last set. I'm moving to 35 pound DB next week!

Overall, Awesome workout. Any workout when I have a strong mind muscle connection is a great one for me. I'm all about feeling the muscle, not just heavy weights.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great workout man! deadlifts look pretty strong

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@Miami: Thanks man, I did deadlifts last night, and they felt awesome! I always feel so accomplished after a heavy set of deads.

Last Night was SHOULDERS/TRAPS/DEADLIFTS

1. Deadlifts: 460: 5
PR. I haven't done heavy deadlifts for about 3 weeks because of complications with my shoulder. Last time I did heavy deads I tried 460 for the first time and I got it 4.5 times. It felt like murder. This time it went up pretty easy the whole time (relatively speaking). My hand placement was a little to close for my liking as well, so if I had moved my hands out just a touch more Im sure it would have been even smoother. 465 here I come!

2. Shoulder Press: 225: 5,5,4
PR. If some of you are wondering why I can do 225, its because I do it on a Smith. I'm not sure if I ever wrote that in my log, but there it is. With my shoulder, I can't do any pressing behind my head or directly above my head. The smith machine allows me to press just infront of my head, so there's little to no pain when doing this exercises. GREAT SUCCESS!

3. Machine Laterals: 145: 8 150: 8 155: 6
PR. Pretty fast paced. I wanted to get 8 on that last set, but it just wasn't going. I'm really liking the way this machine feels. Great control, and squeeze on the shoulders.

4. Rear Flys: 165: 8 180: 8
This felt great this week. I thought my shoulders wouldn't allow this kind of load, but it felt awesome. I should probably be going to 187.5 or 190 next week!

5. Shrugs (behind the back): 345: 8,8,8
PR. Pretty good feel, not the greatest, but not bad at all. I'll try 350 next week.

overall great workout. Really pleased with how my shoulder felt the whole time. ARMS are on Saturday!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

solid shoulder session pete
way to keep tearing up the weight room even with your shoulder still recovering

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Before I write my last two workout I thought I'd share some big (bad) news. I went to the shoulder surgeon this morning to discuss the results of my MRI. Since I've had this reoccurring injury for the past 3 years playing basketball, my shoulder has gone to shit. I have a lebrum tear, a hill sachs deformity, and a bankart lesion. All not good. Long story short, I need surgery. It's absolutely neccessary. I'm going to be getting it at the beginning of April hopefully. After the surgery I will be in a sling for 6 weeks. Then after that I'll probably have to do some rehab for a month or so. Then I'll be back at the iron. It's bad news for now. But for my future, this surgery can be great for me. Doctor says my shoulder will be stronger than ever, etc. Before my surgery, I'm just going to change my rep range on all pressing movements to around 7-10. No low rep high intensity for a while. I don't want to further damage the bone. Right before my surgery I'll post some progress pictures. And then I'll post some more weeks after my surgery to see the atrophy.

Anyway, Saturday I worked ARMS and sunday I worked LEGS.

ARMS
1. Tricep Press: 250: 5,4,3
PR. Not bad. I needed to focus on the feel of the muscle a little more, but good power.

2. Pushdowns: 207: 8,7,6
PR. I had to work in with some kid that was working pretty quickly. Probably because he was doing literally 1/3 reps with very little weight, very quickly. N00B!!

3. EZ bar curls: 120 (not including bar): 8,7,6
PR. I used to much momentum on some of these. More than I'd like to use. Normally, I would move up in weights because I got 21 reps. But, for my standards I'll use the weight one more week for better form.

4. DB curl: 70's: 6,6
My right shoulder was hurting a bit for this exercise. I used too much momentum on the last 1-2 reps on each set. I hated myself for doing it, but my right shoulder was just shot.

5. Hammer rope curls: 135: 8,8
PR. Very good.

6. Cable Curls: 107: 8 97: 8 87: 8
Just for fun! I hadn't got a really good mind muscle connection all night from the curls, so I kinda did this to really just focus on my biceps. Oddly enough, I really loved this exercise. I could give my biceps 100% attention. Maybe it was because the weight wasn't challenging? Maybe it was because it was a cable curl? I'm not totally sure, but next week I'm going to swap DB curls for cable curl.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
And last but not least, last night was LEGS!

1. Front Squats: 305: 5,4,3
PR. These went pretty well. My glutes and lower back were definitely still tired from Deadlifts though. I hate when one workout conflicts with another. so annoying!

2. Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 315: 6,6
PR. Not bad actually. I was feeling them pretty well.

3. Lunges: 255: 8,8
PR. BRUTAL! These were especially harder than usual. But I knocked them all out in good form.

4. Leg Extensions: 205: 8 210: 8
PR. Gotta love that pump!! Could barely walk after these.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Crazy leg session man! heavy fronties :headbang:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
You've got PRs coming out of your ass! Nice work Pete.