• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Quest for Mass

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome DB curls, heavy and I love it.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@Samoan and Prince: Thanks guys! GO HEAVY OR GO THE F*** HOME!!!

Anyway, I know I've been slacking on keeping this updated a little bit. But I write down all my workouts, so even though its a little late, I'll still be able to get all my workouts in here. Friday I worked Legs. I was pretty toasted physically, and in respects to the central nervous system so I rested during the weekend, and did one cardio session during that time. Monday (yesterday) was my Chest/calves/abs session.

1/23/09 LESG!!

1. Front Squat: 295: 5,4,4
PR. These felt a lot better. I finally got a stance that I like. It's wide enough to stablize and keep my center of gravity, but not too wide where I wouldn't feel it in my quads enough. I could feel my quads the whole time, which I loved.

2. SLDL: 295: 6,6
PR. Real good. My hammies are still feeling the burn today!! Great stretch all the way through.

3. Lunges: 230: 8,8
PR. One leg at a time on the smith. These always kill me. Glutes, Hammies, Quads, Core, everything.

4. Leg Extensions: 130: 8,8
PR. This is my first time in a long time I'm going to actually keep this exercise in my routine. I was thinking about it the other day. And I asked myself...why do I have such a predisposition to this exercise?? I always thought of it as wimpy exercise, probably because I was always doing squats. But, as long as I keep my main focus on my squats and do this near the end of my workouts with progressive weights, good form, and control. why can't I grow from these too?? I can, and I will.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
CHEST/CALVES/ABS
1/26/09

This session was kinda rushed for two reasons. 1. My job is making me and my other co-workers work an extra 8 hours of over time a week, and one of the hours is on mondays. So now I get home around 7 pm. 2. I have a meeting every monday at 9 for my fraternity. So by the time I got to the gym and warmed up efficiently it was 7:45. I had an hour to do this workout.

1. Incline Chest Press: 250: 5 255: 3.5, 3
PR. The 250 didn't feel EASY, but i knew I could probably get about 3 sets of five out of it. So I wanted to challenge myself a little more, and add some weight. the 255 was under control but a lot harder!

2. Decline Press: 245: 4,3,4
PR. My second set was just off. My shoulders have problems, so if I'm not set 100% in the correct position it can cost me my set. the other two sets were good though.

3. Machine Fly: 240: 8,7,7
PR. Real good stretch and contraction.

4. Rope Crunch: 220: 8,8,7
PR. I rushed through these a little too much. I should have slowed down and kept a better MMC.

5. Leg Raise: 25: 10
PR. I just did one set for times sake. Same story as rope crunches in respect to MMC.

6. Calf raise (toes forward): 370: 10, 10
PR. Felt awesome!!

7. Calf raise (toes inward): 300: 10 305: 10
PR. Can't wait to put three plates on!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome sessions, Pete you're an animal bro keep up the good work.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good sessions PR machine :keke: keep it up big boy!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last night was my BACK workout. It went pretty well overall.

1. Underhand BB rows: 275: 8 280: 8,7
PR. I can't get my left strap to be as tight as my right one. I couldn't give you an answer why, but it's pissing me off. Otherwise, got a pretty good feel.

2. T bar rows: 185: 8 187.5: 8,8
PR. I've been rouding my back a little too much. I have to keep that in check better. But The exercise itself went great.

3. Pulldowns: 280: 8, 8,8
PR. Last two sets were rest pause 6+2

4. Rack Chins: 30: 8,8,8
PR. Last two sets were rest pause 6+2

5. Pullovers on cable: FST-7 style 7 sets of 8

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Those are some strong lifts man! 280 on pulldowns? :bitenails:

Keep it up big man!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea those pulldowns are tough. If it's anymore believable, i do those on a hammer strength machine, so it's plate loaded.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last night was SHOULDERS/TRAPS/DEADLIFT Day.
I didn't do deadlifts this week for a couple reasons. 1. I feel like doing deadlifts every week for your heaviest weights can be detrimental to the joints, so taking off for a week can alleviate your joints a bit. 2. My left knee has been bothering me, and I don't want to make it worse with trying to lock out 460 pounds for reps lol. 3. my lower back was a little sore from back day because I rounded my back for a set or two of T bar rows. stupid.

1. Shoulder Press: 225: 5, 3.5, 3.5
PR. The first set felt great. The last two sets felt pretty good too, but I really wanted to get 4 reps!! Next time.

2. Upright row: 200: 8, 7.5, 7.5
PR. This felt much more managable this week. I'm going to move up in weights next week.

3. Reverse Fly: 185: 8,8
PR. I'm only doing 2 sets for reverse flys now. It's a really small muscle group, I feel like two heavy sets with good form to about 8 reps is sufficient.

4. Smith shrugs (bar behind back): 335: 8,8 345: 8
PR. This felt real good. 345 was pretty heavy but I got a good contraction regardless.

This was a pretty short workout, but I feel like I don't need to do anymore. Less is more.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice shoulder blast man! strong lifts!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great session bro, but I feel yea I stopped deading heavy and instead do deads for high reps usually reps of 20 @ 325 and 405 that usually gets the work in there great.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sup hustla?

congrats for your p.b's bro! lookin super strong

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Updates!! I need my pistolpete update fix!! *twitches*

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great work Pete.Heavy weights everywhere,good job!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys thanks so much for the support, I really appreciate it now more than ever...
I was playing basketball on my fraternity's intermural team, something I do once a week as a good way to do cardio when something turned for the worst. I reinjured my shoulder...I can't tell you how mad I am at myself, and how depressed I am about it. I'm sure you guys have all been there before. I'm really not sure when I'm going to be able to lift again, a week, two weeks, a month, who knows. It's out of place right now, and it hurts. I'm getting it checked out tomorrow.

But I'm going to try to make the best out of a bad situation. Since I don't know when I'm going to be able to lift again, I'm going to do a cut phase. I'm going to diet and amp up my cardio for the next two-3 weeks. I'm unable to lift, so I'm going to try to bring my bodyfat down a bit since I've been bulking for so long. Anyone that reads layne Norton's stuff (skeptic) will know he does something similar. A bulk-cut cyle. The only difference is he keeps on lifting during the cut cycle.

I'm hoping for the best out of this whole situation. Thanks for all your kind words, I'll be on here to share my progress of the cut. I might even throw on some pictures at the end of it as well (my brother has a camera!).

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn injuries!Hope u get better soon man!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whoa whoa wtf dude shoulder injury?
work around it bro, leg press, maybe hack squats, abs iso bicep work that keeps the shoulder still like machine preacher etc.

Just to maintain during the cut.
Then once th shoulder heals up go at it.

Dude by a shoulder injury.. that blow so much ass man, sorry to hear it..

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thank you for your empathy Samoan, that means a lot to me.

Not to worry though!! I went to the chiropractor today, she's really the greatest, so very knowledgeable on the human body. She put me right back in place. My T2, T3, and T4 ribs were pulled out of place, thus making my scapula too far pushed forward. This made my anterior shoulder, teres minor, and biceps, do wayyyy too much work before I got readjusted. Since my ribs were out of place, my shoulder was just pushed forward like crazy. Anyway, she put me back in place, now I just need to go to the physical therapist to help strengthen my shoulder in a way where this injury will never happen again.

Things I can do (says the doctor)....

Legs: ANYTHING! WOO!!
Calves: ANYTHING!
Arms: any kind of curl for biceps, and pressdowns for triceps.
Shoulders: Military Press, and that's all she wrote. haha
Chest: Nothing! ahhhhhhh
Back: Nothing :(

I'm taking the week of regardless, I got in a leg session this week already, so that was good. I don't want to do anything until I see my physical therapist on Tuesday. After that, we'll see what I can do. For now, I'm going to stick to my fat loss of a couple pounds.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice to see u are feeling better man! sounds like a good chiropractor! now hurry up and heal wolverine style and hit the gym hard :headbang:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Well at least get some hardcore cardio in there to make up for it lol.