• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Quest for Mass

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Saturday was BACK day.

I keep all my movements long enough to get a good stretch, but just short enough so I don't engage my biceps too too much, nor my shoulders. I paid close attention to this because of my shoulder injury. I think everything went fine, my shoulder felt fine, and I got a lot of PRs.

1. Underhand BB rows: 265: 8,9,8
PR. Don't let the reps fool you. This was hard as hell for me. I really didn't get awesome form. i used a bit too much momentum. I'm going to work this weight next week.

2. T Bar Rows: 177.5: 8,8 180: 8
PR. These all felt real good. I controlled the weight well and I got a nice pump in my middle back, something thats usually pretty damn hard for me.

3. Pulldowns (hammer strength): 265: 8,9 270: 8
PR. Man this exercise gets better and better for me each week. I love this hammer strength machine. I wish the whole gym was filled with them. I loved having 3 plates on each side. It just motivated me and phyched me up like crazy!

4. Rack Chins: 15: 8,7 20: 7
PR. I use a wider grip on this to hit a different part of my back. also, I keep the weight (DB) on my waist if anyone was wondering.

This workout went great, except the BB rows. I'm going to try and feel that better next time. Also, Deadlifts have been moved to shoulder/trap day for those who think I might have gotten rid of this exercise. I HAVEN'T! I love that exercise way too much. It's just It was bothering me because my legs were always still sore from leg day, so i had to give it more rest days.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pete i'd call you an animal but you're going beyond that you are edging into a state of evolution. Beyond normal ability, pushing the threshold of pain past the point of submission. In the state of pain where others submit you love comfortably, further into the state of pain where others would die or convulse you train deep into the abyss of torture you push your self. In the darkened corner where sweat and blood stain the floor where chalk the flesh have stain the bars and dumbells you sit, evolved. :xmasbigok:

good job bro, gave you a motivational speech there cause it's been awhile since I gave ya one lol.

Can't wait to see those deadlifts bro. coolsanta

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude. THAT WAS AWESOME!!! On a serious note, are you a writer? I'm not joking, you
re seriously really good. I'm telling you, you could write for the ANIMAL Ads. They do similar motivational speech type writing on their marketing for their supplements. Thanks again for the support and kind words bro, it gets me amped!! I'm sitting in my cubicle right now just wanting to break down these damn walls and hit the iron.

Last night was SHOULDER/TRAP/DEADLIFT day!!

1. Deadlifts: 450: 5,4
PR!! I thought these were going to be harder than they were, but i think my mental strength has really improved. I'm learning to accept a new level of pain. Also, on my last set, I was really struggling. I got three, let the bar rest on the floor for a matter of seconds, and got my fourth rep. That last rep I thought I sharted, but it was just a fart. My gym shorts were safe.

2. Shoulder Press: 215: 5,5,4
PR for reps. I got another rep this time. I feel comfortable with this weight, As comfortable as pushing as hard as you can, can be. I'm going to move to 220 next week. Should be tough.

3. Wide grip upright rows: 195: 6,8,7
PR. This was a diffcult weight, but i did pretty well with it. I'm going to control this weight better next week.

4. Reverse Fly: 182.5: 8,8,8
PR. Felt really good!

The gym was closing in literally 3 minutes, so i didn't have enough time to do my reverse shrugs, so i did a big drop set with DB shrugs.
75: 10 70: 8 65: 10 60: 10

That was it. All done in about an hour and 15 minutes. I'm still phyched about my deadlifts. I can't wait for next week!!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Intense sessions man! i would love to train with u and Z.....oh wait....there wouldtn be enough plates :keke:

Keep up the good work man!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude, Im totally with you, It would be awesome training with you guys! I think Z could just forget the plates and lift us. hahahah

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude. THAT WAS AWESOME!!! On a serious note, are you a writer? I'm not joking, you
re seriously really good. I'm telling you, you could write for the ANIMAL Ads. They do similar motivational speech type writing on their marketing for their supplements. Thanks again for the support and kind words bro, it gets me amped!! I'm sitting in my cubicle right now just wanting to break down these damn walls and hit the iron.

Nah man, no writer I just made that shit up off the top of my head lol, I never considered being a writer I mean me at a desk i'd look like Mr. Incredible.

but moving deads to trap day was a really good move bro, you get the extra work on the traps from the lockout movements plus you can iso them.

Nice work bro. :xmasbigok:

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tuesday and Wednesday were my rest days with one cardio session done on Tuesday. To whoever doesn't do any cardio in the off season, I suggest trying to do it once a week. Nothing crazy just one session. I feel like my metabolism is a lot better, and really taking in all the nutrients better. last year I kinda felt like I was just over eating the entire time. This year I feel like I'm still putting on weight, but its much much more quality lean mass and much less fat.

Anyway, last night I did ARMS! woo! Probably one of my favorite days. Who doesn't love the swole hard feeling in their arms??

1. Tricep Press: 235: 4,4,4
PR. New weight, damn it was tough, but I think it went pretty well. Anyone that doesn't know this exercise, its essentially a shortened military press. focusing on the lockout for triceps.

2. Pushdowns: 197.5: 8,8,8
PR. This weight felt great. I had a real good mind muscle connection the whole time.

I followed this up with a tricep stretch for about 30 seconds. Nice burn!

3. EZ bar curl: 115 (not including bar): 7,7,6
PR for reps. I'm going to keep this weight for probably 2 more weeks. It's a tough weight, and I want to make sure I feel real comfortable with it before I move up another 5 pounds.

4. DB Alternating curl: 65's: 8,7,6
PR on reps. I got one more rep on each arm the last set. Man, this is a slow and steady progression. haah but, still, it was good form and I got stronger. So I can't ask for more.

5. Reverse cable curl: 132.5: 7,7,6
PR on reps. This is still tough as hell, but I increased my reps by 3.

Then I did a quick bicep stretch for about 30 seconds.

Man, my arms were toasted and it felt awesome!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice bicep toast Pete, yea now tha tim eating more meals I can just feel my stomach digesting more quickly and get hungrier faster lol.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It's been a while since I updated this, but that's because last week was my off week. I usually take a break every 10 weeks to take one week off. Just something I do for the sake of my joints. Also, the week before that was just kinda sloppy. The Gym closed at 7 every night and I got home from work a little past 6. So I would just get in a quick workout of what I could and leave. I didn't bother posting those workouts because they were so different then what I usually do. Anyway, I'm in a new semester now, so my schedule will be back to 100% normal!! Which I'm really happy about because I hate when I can't be consistant.

Last night was CHEST/CALVES/ABS

1. Incline Press: 250: 4, 3, 3
PR. Not bad. It was a new weight, and I hadn't lifted chest in a week so I new my strength would be down just a tad.

2. Decline Press: 235: 5 240: 4,4
PR. This felt really good actually.

3. Machine Fly (FST-7): 225: 8,8 180:8 165:8,8,8,8
So I started doing FST-7 a week ago for my middle back thickness and chest as well. What I do is I always keep my first two sets as heavy as I can go. So i still get the benefits of using heavy weights. And then I drop down my last five sets to a moderate weight so I can still keep perfect form and really get a great pump. Each rest period was about 35-45 seconds.

1. Calf raise (toes forward): 340: 10 350: 10
PR. Really good contraction on this one.

2. Calf raise (toes in): 295: 10, 10
Felt good, hopefully 300 will be in reach next week.

1. Rope Crunch: 210: 10 212.5: 10, 8
PR. 212.5 felt easy surprisingly. If I keep this up my abs are definitely going to be thicker!

2. Leg Raises: 20: 10, 10, 8
PR. 20 pounds didn't feel too bad actually. I'm going to use it one or two more weeks so I get it down perfectly for 3 sets of 10-12.

3. Oblique twists and crunches to failure.

It feels great to be back at my University's gym. The only problem is all the "New Year Resolution" kids. I think it's great for them to get a fresh start and try to better themselves, but Damn man...There are so many noobs in the gym it's driving me crazy.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Nice heavy presses Pete, and your heavy crunches are impressive too.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice presses there Pete! i was wondering where u were! nice to have u back!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great to be back Vegeta!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
It feels great to be back at my University's gym. The only problem is all the "New Year Resolution" kids. I think it's great for them to get a fresh start and try to better themselves, but Damn man...There are so many noobs in the gym it's driving me crazy.

Although you don't log i kow you are working cause you're Pistol fucking Pete lol.

Screw those douchebags man, 90% of them dissappear after the first month cause they'll figure they done enough or can't handle the pain.... noobs.:ranter:

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn straight Samoan!

Last Night way Back Day.

1. Underhand BB rows: 270: 8, 8 275: 8
PR. These felt great. my mind muscle connection is always on with this exercise.

2. T bar rows: 180: 8,8 182.5: 8
PR. These are always tough because I try to get just about parallel with my chest really far down.

3. Pulldowns (hammer strength): 270: 8,8,8
These felt pretty good. Not awesome, but good. I hope I can move up in weight next week. I don't want to move up too fast though, cause my ROM usually suffers if I do that.

4. Rack Chins: 20: 8,8,8
PR. These felt real good this week. I really feel this exercise on my scapula itself, like the rhomboids and teres major and minor.

5. Rope Pulls (FST-7): 200: Did 7 sets with 8-12 reps 30-45 second rest in between.

My Middle traps are killing me from the FST-7, which is exactly what I want. My middle back thickness lacks most in my back. I think it has a lot to do with my genetics because my mother has a small structure, but I have a larger structure (more my Dad's side of the family) so when I was in her whom (spelling?) I was over crowded making my shoulders roll forward. Since my shoulders naturally want to roll forward a lot, my scapula are always pulled apart letting my middle traps constantly rest.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LOL, nice session Pete I always get the mind muscle connection on the underhand BB Rows as well.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Friday was SHOULDER/TRAP/DEADLIFT day.

1. Deadlifts: 455: 5, 4
PR. This was tough, but it went really well. I might just make it one set. I'm not sure. I warm up with about 3 sets, so I'm always ready to do my heavy sets. The last two days my lower back has been REALLY sore. I guess it's to be expected, but damn it hurts. I'm just going to keep stretching it.

2. Shoulder Press: 220: 5,4,3
PR. New weight, but still managed pretty good reps. I'm glad I got a set of 5 out of it.

3. Upright Row: 195: 8,8,8
PR for reps. Much better feel than last time I did 195. I'm going to move to 200 next week.

4. Reverse Fly: 185: 8,8,8
PR. Not bad, It's starting to get heavier so I want to make sure I'm getting a full ROM.

5. DB shrugs: 90: 8 95: 8,8
These were good, but I think I'm going to change this to Barbell shrugs.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I would love to c a vid if those upright rows man! those are fuckin heavy!!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome workout Pete, your dead went up by 5 lbs. from last dead session.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@Vegeta: I wish I could record my workouts man, that'd be pretty cool. But, I don't have a camera. And I think everyone at my gym would think I was being a tool if I had someone recording me lift. hahaha

@Samoan: I know bro, I've been adding 5 more pounds every week. I know it's not a big incrament of change, but it has been adding up like crazy. If everything is in check, I'll be doing 500 pounds by march!!

Last Night was ARMS.

Ok so, there are still sooooooooo many kids doing the new years resolution fad in my gym, which I have no problem with, but considering I was doing Arms last night, you can bet all the curl bars and tricep pushdowns were being occupied by 9880807957 people!!! agghhh!!!

1. Tricep Press: 250: 3,3,3
PR. Almost too heavy, but I managed to get the minimum reps that I like. I'm hoping to get 3 more total reps next week.

2. Tricep Pushdowns: 197.5: 8 200: 8,7
PR. The last two sets were good, but at the end I could feel my right arm doing a little more work than my left. I think it's partly because my stance had my left foot in front and my right in back a little. I think it would be a better idea if I just kept them next to eachother.

3. DB alternating curl: 65: 8,8,8
PR. I REALLY controlled these sets. I could totally feel my biceps working a lot harder on these. They were a bit easeir though because I wasn't pre exhausted from EZ bar curls, because so many noobs were hogging them.

4. EZ bar curl: 120 (not including bar): 5,3,4
PR. Awful. I know it's a new weight, but this felt like a ton of bricks. I think its because I pre exhausted with them DB's. And I really worked my biceps thoroughly with the DB's. I hope I can get more reps next week.

5. DB Hammer curls: 60: 6,6
PR. New exercise for me. It went pretty well. I got a good squeeze. But the last rep on each arm I had to use a bit of momentum which I don't like.