• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Quest for Mass

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice buddy, real nice I love leg workouts and you are getting bigger and stronger.

I dumped the legs press as a primary excercise too bro and do hacks now too.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Samoan I love leg workouts too. There's no better feeling than having a successful leg workout....not being able to walk up the steps out of the gym hahaha

I was feeling a little uneasy about getting rid of the leg press, but you saying that makes me feel better about it. hack squat here i come!

Last night I worked CHEST/CALVES/ABS

CHEST:

1. Incline Press: 245: 5, 5, 4.5, 3.5
PR for reps. I'm feeling real good about this weight. I almost got 3 sets in a row of 5, so I think I'm still going to move up to 250 next week. Either way, I got more quality reps this week, so thats good.

2. Decline Press: 230: 4,5,5,4
PR for reps. Definitely a good session for decline. my shoulder was feeling it a bit, which was annoying, but I still managed good form. Next week I think I'll do two sets 230 two sets 235.

3. Machine Fly: 225: 8, 8 227.5: 8
PR. These felt real good, I was controlling the weight better than before.

CALVES:

1. Calf raise (toes forward): 325: 10, 10 330: 10
PR. Really good contraction. I'm loving this exercise

2. Calf raise (toes inward): 285: 10, 10 290: 10
PR. This finally felt not so awkward! horray! haha This was much better this week, but i'm still not going to jump the gun on the weights. this has to be very gradual otherwise i'll lose form.

ABS

1. Rope Crunch: 205: 10, 9, 7
PR. My training partner and I were going right after eachother, so my break time was very short compared to weeks before. This made it A LOT harder. I usually take about a minute and a half, this week it was cut to about 30-40 seconds.

2. Hanging leg raise: 15: 10, 10, 10
PR. I'm going to try the 20 pound DB between my feet next week

3. OBLIQUE OBLITERATION: Not really, haha but I do a lot of reps. Side crunches to failure, each side, then about 50 trunk twists.

I felt real good about this workout, and my chest feels pretty full, hard, and sore today so thats nice. Tonight I work back!!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn that's a nice workout Pete, trying to kill those abs eh?

The calf raises were they seated or standing, I personally liek to load the smith machine and get under as if squatting pop it off and do calf raises.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@ Samoan: Yea I'm trying to get my abs thicker, especially my lower abs, and keep my obliques trim. I feel like this was all to my overall presentation more on stage. I have a pretty long torso, and seeing as my abs take up a big length of it, I want them to have a kind of wow factor so instead of people saying woah, his torso his long, they'll say, wow his abs are crazy. hahah And I do the calf raises standing on the smith, I get a much better feel for it standing rather than seated.

Last night I worked back. I changed it in one big aspect. I've noticed over the last couple weeks, every time I deadlift my legs are still a bit tired/sore from my leg workout. so instead of getting rid of it all together, I'm moving deadlifts to my shoulder/trap day. It worked out in my favor so far, because all of my lifts last night felt great because I wasn't so fatigued by deadlifts.

1. Underhand BB rows: 260: 8,8,8
PR. my grip was going a little, but I worked through it.

2. T bar rows: 175: 8,8 177.5 8
PR. these felt pretty damn good. I got a solid contraction in my middle back the whole time. I was really focusing on bringing my scapula together.

3. Pulldowns: 260: 8,8, 11
PR. That last set I just told myself to keep going, go to failure no matter what. and I managed 11. I kinda surprised myself, i really didn't expect that.

4. Rack chins: 12: 8 15: 7,6
PR. I went up to the 15 lb DB on my waist, and it was definitely a lot harder, but I got good work out of it.

Good workout overall. I really feel confident about my new set up. I think deadlifting on a different day will help me have more stamina on back day, and get more out of my deadlifting because of being fully recovered from leg day.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice upper back day bud, and yea I feel yea bro, I usally have to space deads and squat 3 days apart or they will screw with one another.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@ Samoan: I'm glad were on the same page about the power lifts, because I would love to be at your strength some day. Btw, is your avi you?? I've seen your videos and you look huge, but that looks really really great!

Shoulder/Trap/Deadlift day.

1. Deadlifts: 445: 5,4
PR. I nearly shit myself on the last set. I kinda had to go to the bathroom, but not badly. So I did my last set, and I was pushing like crazy on the final rep (it honestly took 10 seconds to get the complete rep) and I felt a turtle head at the end!! hahah I lowered the weight, and as my friend was congratulating me on the lift, I just ran to the bathroom and unloaded. haha

2. Shoulder Press: 215: 5,4,4
PR on reps. one more rep than last week. Slow and surely.

3. Upright row: 190: 8,8,7
PR. The extra 5 pounds here was tough, but I got good form out of all of it.

4. Reverse Fly: 180: 8,8,7
PR. I can't do this continuously, or it pulls on my shoulders to much. I have to put the weight down for about half a second, then do another rep. It's litterally not even a second, but its necessary for the sake of not injuring my shoulders.

5. Shrugs: 325: 10 Then I did 2 drop sets to finish off. Taking off 15% of the weight each time. Killer burn.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome work!!, 100+s on all those man, amazing
specially upright rows, heavy ass weight man!
keep up those deads too, 500 soon

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
LMFAO, I LOL'd at turtle head. But liek wehn squatting or deadlifting during my rest period it consist of determining if I got to shit. and if I do I go pump it out before the set.

Nice deads though bro.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@ Hypocrisy: Thanks man! The upright rows have been getting tough, but I know they're going to get me wide! lol Dude, you read my mind, all I can think about is 500... 500...500! I really want to hit that number. It's not close, but its in the distance.

@ Samoan: Dude, that turtle head was almost a serious problem. I'm definitely going to do what you do from now on and analyze the shit factor after a set of deads or squats. I don't feel like messing up my gym shorts. Thanks again for stopping by bro, I appreciate it so much.

So I had two rest days, one of which involves my HIT cardio session. Then last night I had an ARM workout. unfortunately, I had an injury that effected my lift significantly. On my cardio day, I played some pick up basketball and then ran sprints. I seriously love basketball, If I wasn't a bodybuilder I would probably play all the time. The only problem is, I hurt myself constantly when I play. I ALWAYS pull out my shoulder. It actually runs in my family. Whenever I reach my shoulder all the way up in a completely extrened position (jumping for a rebound) If I get hit even a little there is a very good chance of my shoulder popping out of the socket. If this has never happened to you, I'm insanely jealous. If it has happened to you, I think you can understand why it affected my lift the next day. I was still pretty sore from when it happened, but luckily two days later (today) it feels a hell of a lot better. I think it should be good to go bu Friday on my Chest day.

ARMS

Tricep Press: Wasn't able to do because of shoulder injury!!! >:0 !!!

Pushdowns: 195: 8,8,7
PR. This hurt a little, but not enough that I couldn't do it. I really focused on the isolation of the tricep, and it worked.

EZ Bar curl: 115: 8,6,5
PR. I got 3 more reps than last week so I was real happy with this. My shoulder bothered me a bit, because its being pulled on sligtly the whole time, but I didn't think it was bad enough to not do the exercise.

DB Curl: 65's: 8,8,5
PR! These went so damn well. I was so excited after I was done. I felt on top of the world. I'm probably going to be using this weight for another 2 weeks. Then try 70's!!

Reverse cable curl: 132.5: 7,7,4
PR. This is seriously such a hit or miss for me on this exercise. I only increased the weight 2.5 pounds and it just felt like a ton this week. The first two sets I was struggling, and the last set, well I think it just speaks for itself.

I was upset that I hurt myself and I couldn't do my entire tricep exercise. But my Ez bar curls, DB curls, and Pushdowns went so well, I left satisfied. Gotta love ARM day!

grandmaster

grandmaster

Pete do you use the same weight for each exercise eg 40lbs for dumbell curls for the whole 3 sets or something?

Nice log man , keep it up and the deadlifts are looking huge! Keep pumping soldier

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey grandmaster thanks for stopping by! Do you have a log as well? The DB curls I have a 65 pound DB in each hand. (all of my weights are in pounds cause im from the US).

Those Deadlifts just about kill me each week, but I love them. haha

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I see this log is even bigger and better then last time i stopped by! keep up the good work! ua re bound to see awesome results!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Vegeta! I've been doing my best to keep this log up to date and with all my gym notes I have. I can't wait to keep this for a year, and see my progress in numbers. I think I'm going to put up some progress pics up soon.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
cool man i would love to see them!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last night was Leg Day. It was a pretty good workout. I definitely need to get a little bit more sleep. I got around 7.5 hours in, but on a heavy leg day, I need every minute of rest I can get. I think this affected me a bit. Also, I maxed out the leg press machine in my gym, and there is no plate loaded leg press so I was really confused of what do about that. After I finished my workout though, I bumped into a fellow gym rat friend of mine and told him my dilema. He gave me a great idea for next time....one legged leg press. It's definitely going to be tougher, and there is no way I'll be able to max out the machine with one leg at a time. I will be able to really focus on each of my quad which is awesome. I'll give it a try next time.

1. Front Squat: 290: 4,4,3
PR. These were pretty good. I feel like I wasn't controlling the weight as much as I should be. I was dropping down a little bit, I want to make sure I don't do this again. I'm going to slow down the movement more next time.

2. SLDL: 260: 8,8 270:8
PR. Awesome Stretch and control on this exercise. I love any kind of deadlift. lol

3. Seated Leg Curl: 245: 7,5
PR. I didn't really feel this as much as last week. But, this was a new weight, so I guess thats to be expected a bit.

4. Lunges: 215: 8,8,8
PR. These were awesome, but tough as hell by the last set.

KurtyJ99

KurtyJ99

Getting that work done son!!lolol

I hear ya on those shoulder injurys...worst eva:xmashsughrun3:

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice legworkout man! those one legged leg presses will be killer! it will hit the inner thigh like a bitch!!

Congrats on all the pr's man!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn Pete PR's al every set very fucking nice bro, and yea those lunges will kill you if you do em last.

Next time try this on for size wall squats for a minute for 2 sets lol that will make you shit your self.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey Guys thanks for all the supportive comments! It's great to hear from all of you.

Also note that my Shoulder was still bothering me a little. I have a feeling it won't be 100% until I go see my chiropractor and she sets me in place. It's not a matter of it being sore, or in pain, its that after I pull something It stays out of place and thus makes other complimentry muscles work harder. Muscles that shouldn't be doing the work and aren't as strong. Therefore not targeting the muscles as well, and leaving myself to possible injuries.

Friday was my CHEST/CALVES/ABS Day.

CHEST

1. Incline Press: 250: 4,3,3
PR. Not bad for a first time on this weight. I'm probably going to have to work it for another 2 weeks.

2. Decline Press: 235: 4,5,4,4
PR. This felt pretty good most of the time. My shoulder acted up a little, but I knew when to stop.

3. Machine Fly: 227.5: 8,8 230: 8
PR. Because this is an isolation chest exercise, my shoulder didn't hinder my performance at all.

CALVES

1. Standing Calf raise (toes forward): 330: 10 335: 10, 8
PR. Awesome contraction, and sweet pump!

2. Standing Calf Raise (toes in): 290: 10 295: 8,8
PR. I think I'm getting the feel for this more every week.

ABS

1. Rope Crunch: 207.5: 10, 10, 8
PR. New weight, but still good reps and form. I was really surprised i got 2 sets of ten in.

2. Leg Raise: 15: 10,10,10
I did the same exact reps and weight between my legs last week, but I tried to make my rest time less. I worked this well. I should move to a 20 lb DB next week.

I finished with my oblique crunches and twists as a superset.