• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Quest for Mass

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Awesome front squats and lunges Pete.

Glad your lowering your volume slightly bro.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Where the updates bro, I need to see your workouts to get motivated. :ughnoes:

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Woah, I didn't realize I was so far behind on updating this!!
I did Chest/Calves/Abs on Thursday, and Back on Friday. I'm going to post them real soon.

I did Shoulders and Traps last night. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to do the whole workout. I finished all of the shoulder portion of the workout, but no direct trap work was done (shurgs). It's not the end of the world though, I get pleanty of trap work from so many various parts of my other workouts.

SHOULDERS:

Military Press: 215: 4,4,3
I got another set out of this, and on the first two I get an extra rep on each set. This was deinitely much better than last time.

Upright row: 185: 8,8,7
I got one more set of 185 in this time. Not a huge improvement, but still pretty good.

Reverse Fly: 175: 8,8,8
These were good, I only got one set of this weight last time, so I wanted to just bomb my rear delts with this weight for three sets.

This was all done in 30 minutes. I'm striving to make my workouts with less volume. I did 4 sets of all these exercises last week. I feel like I can still use heavy weight, improve every week, and stimulate the muscle completely with just three sets of each.

Again, Im an idiot, and I'll fill in my chest/calves/abs day and my Back day. They were both really good workouts so I want to make sure I post it. I got a bunch of PR's in so I'm really phyched about it!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice and heavy man! keep it up!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Great workout there Pete. Strong military presses there bro. Get those other workouts up asap.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Huge MP there mate, good work! :xyxthumbs:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I got a bunch of PR's in so I'm really phyched about it!

Your constant workouts are giving results, you my friend are getting stronger, improving, upgrading, evolving, growing. The Phych you feel is not undeserved cause you worked to get where you are. But really be careful soon you might start to piss excellence. :xyxthumbs:

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@ Vegeta: Thanks man! I always try to make that bar heavier and heavier in hopes of growth!

@ Big Guns: I'm trying to get those boulder shoulders!! I'm working on putting them up right now. Thanks for the support man, knowing that others want to see me keep consistant helps that much more.

@ El freako: Thanks for stopping by man, i appeciate it! I'm going to be keeping up with your log as well.

@ Samoan: I love your lifting speeches. But seriously, I feel like you've sumed it all up. I'm trying my best to keep this train of progression going!!

On a quick note: I started incorporating one day of HIT cardio a week. It's not so much to burn fat or anything like that. I'm not to concerned with that because im pretty lean to begin with. I do it because its an excellent way to improve the resperitory system in an explosive manner. When I lift heavy poundages, a lot of my power comes from my lungs. I push hard with a heavy exhale on the positive portion of most lifts. If I can make my lungs stronger, so will my lifts. Also, sprinting helps speed your metabolism ten fold. by doing this I will be hungrier more often and be able to consume more. With my metabolism raised all the nutrients and foods I take in will be better shuttled to the muscles rather than conversion of fat. If your body is sedentary all day, your body will adapt and realize it doesnt need an excess of calories. So if I take in a bunch of calories it will most likely turn to fat. Now that I have a even more raised metabolic rate the food I take in will be converted to muscle more easily. On another note, sprinting is incredible for hamstring development. Take a look at olympic sprinters and just check out their hammies.

I did 8 sets of sprints. I warmed up with a light jog for about 5 minutes and then went into my sprints. I would sprint for 70 meters, then walk 7 meters. That would be one set. I did 8 sets.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Back Day!!
I'm just going to write down everything real quick, not put too much explanation on anything.

1. Deadlifts: 415: 5 435: 5,4
PR!!!

2. Underhand BB rows: 240: 7 245:7,7
PR!! Lowered volume by one set.

3. T bar Rows: 170: 8 172.5: 7,7
Pr! Lowered volume by one set.

4. Pulldowns: 245: 8 250: 8,8
PR! Lowered volume by one set.

5: Rack Chins: 12: 8,7,7
Changed grip to a tiny bit more narrow. Only by about 2 inches, but it felt a whole lot better.

I lowered the volume a bit on everything. I felt 4 sets was just overkill. I'm doing something closer to HIT but not exactly. I feel like 3 sets is a good mix of volume and intensity for me with my designated rep ranges. I got a PR on basically everything. This was really an awesome workout for me. I felt so strong the entire time. I gotta grow!!!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ok so that back day was on Friday.

This CHEST/CALVES/ABS day was on Thursday

CHEST:

1. Incline Press: 240: 5,5,5 245: 3
PR. the 240 felt soo much better this week. I managed two more total reps. But the control just felt that much better. It felt very doable the whole time. I tried 245 at the end so my muscles could feel that weight. I managed 3 which wasn't too bad really.

2. Decline Press: 215: 5 225: 5,5,5
The 225 felt awesome this week. I got in a great rythm and just killed it. I got two more sets of 5 out of it than last week. I'm definitly going for the 230 next week!

3. Machine Fly: 220: 8,8 222.5: 7
This was good, I got a nice stretch the whole time and really burned out my chest.

CALVES:

Toes forward calf raise: 315: 10,10 320: 10
PR. These felt perfect. Nice and heavy with a controled negative and a peak contraction.

Toes in calf raise: 275: 10 280: 10,10
I got one more set of 280 in this time. It's a slow progression, but its there. As long as I can feel the muscle working its hardest, I can't ask for more.

ABS:

Rope Crunch: 202.5: 10,10,8
These were much more controlled than last week. My mind muscle connection was really there. I managed to get one more set of this weight, and a handful more reps.

Hanging leg raise: 12: 10,10,10
12 pound dumbell inbetween my feet. More reps done this time. All in all good.

Then I finished with my oblique burn out. I do 15 side crunches on each side then 50 trunk twists with a medicine ball.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Crazy sessions man! nice pr's!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Awesome sessions Pete. PR'S all over the place. Good job man. Whatever your doing just keep doing in it bro cos it sure is working. How's your bodyweight going? Have you increased 2.5lbs like you wanted to each month?

On the workouts though, very heavy deadlifts and your incline press is very heavy.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@ Vegeta: Thanks man, I hope they keep on coming! It's the best feeling in the gym for me.

@ Big Guns: Yo man, yea I'm going to keep on doing my modified version of HIT. I know it's really not that close to it, but the volume is significantly lower than what Im used to. But it's working so "If it aint broke, Why fix it?". My weight has been steadily increasing. I'm hanging around 204-205 right now. I need to be 205 by December 1st, At this rate of my weights going up and my calories high I feel like I'll be there.
By the way, your Avi is sick. Your back looks amazing man. How old are you?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
@ Big Guns: Yo man, yea I'm going to keep on doing my modified version of HIT. I know it's really not that close to it, but the volume is significantly lower than what Im used to. But it's working so "If it aint broke, Why fix it?". My weight has been steadily increasing. I'm hanging around 204-205 right now. I need to be 205 by December 1st, At this rate of my weights going up and my calories high I feel like I'll be there.
By the way, your Avi is sick. Your back looks amazing man. How old are you?

Sounds great Pete. Keep us informed on your progress throughout. lol thats one of the sayings I use "If it aint broke, why fix it?" Which is true, just keep doing your thing man because like I said it's working. About HIT, if your progress ever becomes stale in the future just lower your volume even more and then you'll be doing HIT like me :xyxthumbs:

Hey, thanks alot dude, that means alot I really appreciate that. I'm 18 years old pal. How olf are you Pete?

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
PR's all over the place mate, fucking awesome work.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
whats up dude.. still goin heavy on that chest hum? keep it up man

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Excellent work bro.Your deads and presses are looking strong.Huge upright rows also:xyxthumbs:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Beautiful man just beautiful, you got the motivation and the drive and it's showing by pumping out PR's like that good work. :xyxthumbs:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow, that last session looked awesome bro, great incline and decline pressing right there man:2: