• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Quest for Mass

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Superb job - fronts squats were great and always good to hit a PB. And credit for the glute ham raises too.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very nice... very nice... bro the intensity in your workouts are just..... monumental seriously loving the intensity, Congratulations on the PR. Like a machine you are unyielding.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yesterday I was able to get a workout in cause my rehearsal for the play Im in didn't start until 8:30. So I decided to do ARMS since its been exactly a week.

Tricep Push Press: 215: 5 225: 5,4,4
These were rough, but I got some good work done. I did shoulder press, two days prior, which is a little too close considering this is the same exact movement just a bit shorter.

Cable Pushdowns: 182.5: 10 185: 8 190: 8 192.5: 7
These were all real good. That last set was soo much harder than i expected. I only moved up 2.5 pounds, but damn what a difference. the first time i try a weight it usually throws me off guard a bit, so i bet the next time i do that weight it won't be as hard.

EZ Bar curls: 110 (not including bar): 7,6,5
These were hard as hell! I did more than 21 reps with 105 last week, so this week i moved up 5 pounds. i know its only 5 pounds, but it is definitly significant!

DB curl: 60's: 8,7,6
Did one more rep one each arm than last week. That was my goal, and i met it. Next week I'll go for one more!

Reverse Curl: 120: 10 127.5: 8 130: 6
That last set was harder than expected, but i think i have a viable excuse for only 6 reps....

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so my excuse for the 6 reps on reverse curl....

I was about to my last set when some big dopey looking kid asks me for a spot on the decline bench. He was doing an ab exercise with a heavy medicine ball. Now, Im 16 sets deep, and a bit tired, but im always up for helping someone out in the gym. So I take the ball and give him a toss, he goes down on the decline bench, bring the ball behind his head, and vaults it god knows how fast BOOM!!! it smacks me right in the mouth. I was so angry, all i said was, your not going to get your abs any stronger by hurling a medicine ball that fast. I was pouring blood out of my mouth, I lifted my shirt to descretely show my abs and show i knew what i was talking about and wiped my mouth clean of blood. I left him dumb founded on the decline bench apologizing as I finished my reverse curls.

Thats my rant, I still have a fat lip and it pisses me off. but whatever, i still had a good lift, and thats really all that matters in the end!!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Strong sessions man! like those front squats!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome leg and arm sessions bro:2: front squats are great, and the tricep push press is solid as hell too:D some seriously strong curling going on there too:D

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Nice arm workout there Pete. I bet those guns were smoking :2:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Superb session. Good weight for those exercises too! What a douche with the medicine ball.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Great session Pete! You shoulda launched the ball straight back at him haha!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey guys, thanks for all the support!! And About the medcine ball guy, rocky, I couldn't have put it any better. That guy was a douche, and Skeptic, I was definitly thinking about throwing that thing right back at him, but I wanted to finish my workout before I got kicked out hahah.

So I did Chest and Calves on Saturday, but it was kinda crazy. I get to the gym at 11 AM so I could get my workout out of the way before I had rehearsal for my play all day. So I start my warmups, and get right into incline press. I was feeling AWESOME. One of those days you feel like you can lift anything. I get through my first two sets. 225: 5 and 235: 5. I was definitly feeling like I was going to get 240 that day. And then LIGHTS OUT! All the power in the gym and library at my school went out. It was literally pitch black. So the place was evacuated and we weren't allowed back in for a couple hours they said. Well, I didn't have that kind of time. So I got all my food, my gym bag, and clothes together and hopped in my car in pursuit of going 15 miles back to my home town to finish my workout before rehearsal. I was a man on a mission. I had to get my PR. It meant too much to me. It was kind of a rainy, gross day out but so I was driving with some caution, but fast enough so I could get to working out! I'm almost home, about 5 minutes away when I have to turn onto a ramp. This ramp has an extremely sharp turn to it, so im only going 20 mph. I get off the ramp and hydroplane, spin out of control, and crash into the median. My car was totaled. I thank God that I didn't hurt anything. I don't know how I didn't get hurt, I really don't. My car is dead, but I came out 100% fine, It was crazy. I was mad I didn't get to finish my workout, but I'm way more thankful that I'm not in a hospital with a bodycast on for God knows how long. It was a scary day, but the next day was great.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So after the car crash, I was a little shaken up for a while. And actually pretty sad that I didn't have my car anymore. I guess I sort of had an emotional attachment to it in a way. I'm going to miss it. I turned all that fear, anger, and despair into an undying fire in my body that would fuel my workout on Sunday for BACK!

Deads: 405: 5 425: 5,4
Another PR on Deadlifts!! That last set was brutal. The first two reps were not smooth at all, and with that much weight I felt like I should have just thrown in the towel. But I wouldn't let myself. I managed to squeeze 2 more out of it,and that made me damn happy.

U BB rows: 235: 8,8,8 240: 8
Last week, 235 felt a little tough, but I was ready to own that weight. That weight was going to get in my way anymore. It was going to be my bitch. I controlled that weight, and said goodbye to it and hello to 240 at the end. Another PR, and a new hill to climb.

T Bar rows: 145: 10 165: 8 175: 8 180: 8
I kept the weight pretty similar on this one, cause its a new exercise for me and I want to really really make sure I get the whole mind muscle connection down before I start trying to pile on the weight.

Pulldowns: 235: 8 240: 8 245: 8,8
Another PR on Pulldowns. They felt great, I was really locked in on this one.

Rack chins: BW: 10, 10, 8
This is a new one for me, I got it from my main source of influence right now, Layne Norton. I know Skeptic will appreciate this. Basically, you get a smith machine, bring the bar to chest level and set up a decline bench in front of the machine about 3 feet away. But your feet on the high part of the decline bench, take a wide grip on the smith bar and you should be hanging horizontally. Now pull your chest up using your lats, squeeze your scapula together, and lower yourself slowly. This hit my lats great! Next week Im going to add a bit of weight on my chest to make it harder.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sucks about ur car man..thank god u werent hurt

Nice session and great PB!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
@Vegeta: Thanks for your condolences, I appreciate it. I'm very thankful to be healthy and safe. By the way, I love DBZ! It's one of those influences from childhood that made me want to build my body into something like a superhero, or even a super sayian!!

I forgot to finish my story about Saturday....

After the car accident, I got my car towed, and went to rehearsal. After rehearsal was over, It was around 9:45. I couldn't stop thinking about my car, the luckiness of me being alive and well, so I honored all this by going to the local gym in my town that I actually have a personal key to get into it. (My parents own the building, and are leasing it to the gym owners). So I went to the gym after rehearsal, unlocked the doors and finished that damn chest workout. I didn't really log anything, I went in there more to prove to myself nothing would get in the way of me persevering and achieving my goals.

The whole day taught me a lot about myself. Nothing was going to get in my way of achieving what I set out to do. Not pain, a car accident, friends, family, money, partying, work, school, ANYTHING.

This is my quest, my journey, and my struggle for Mass. And I won't be satisfied until I get what I set out for.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Man glad you werent hurt in the crash but its a shame about your car.

Im glad you went to that gym later on, good on ya man! Don't let anything! stop you reaching your goals you've set. Nice job man. :2:

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Big Guns, I know man I miss that damn car already :(

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good work lately pete.Impressive deads:xyxthumbs:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thank god ur alright after that accident bro, and awesome pb on deadlifts there too:2:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn sounds like you've had a helluva week. Sorry to hear about the car but at least you came back to the gym with a vengeance to use that frustration. Superb job on the deads.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks Rocky, It was one crazy week, but now its over and I got my head on straight again.

So last week, I took the entire week off from the gym. If any of you didn't know, I was involved with a production of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Everyday last week I had work from 8:30-5:30 and then had to be at the play by 6 to do a 7:30 show. I would get home evey night around 11. Just enough time to get in my 8 hours of sleep, but not enough time to do ANYTHING. So I took a week off from lifting, but kept my diet and supplementation in check.

Yesterday was my first day back in my normal life, FINALLY! I did CHEST/CALVES/ABS.

CHEST:
Incline Press: 235: 5 240: 5,4,4
A new PR!! I hope I can keep moving up in this. My upperchest needs it!

Decline Press: 215: 6 220: 5,6 225: 5
Another PR! These felt great. I controlled every rep, and my shoulder felt just about perfect the whole time, so long as I didn't move the bar to far out of the line I need to keep it in.

Machine Fly: 217.5: 10 220: 8,8,7
These were fine. I moved up in weight again, but not drastically. I just want to keep slowly increasing the weight, but keep extra perfect form on these. It's not a power movement, and I don't treat it as such.

CALVES:
Toes Forward Calf Raise: 305: 10 310: 10 315: 10
PR. I got a great contraction on these, and lowered the weight very controlled.

Toes IN calf raise: 270: 10 275: 10 280: 10
PR. These were pretty good. It's hard to control this movement as much because its such an awkward position. I move up in weight VERY slowly with this one because I don't want to go to high in weights and lose the form.

ABS
Rope Crunch: 200: 10 202.5: 8, 8
PR. Man that extra 2.5 pounds really makes a difference! It was a lot harder, but then again 200 felt the same way a week or two ago. and now its just plain easy. nothin but a peanut.

hanging leg raise: 12: 10, 8, 10
PR. 12 pound dumbell in between my feet. I really try to focus on doing this slow, and bring my hips up to crunch the lower half of my abs. I need more mass on my lower abs, so If I can keep raising the weight slowly but surely, I don't see how they can't help but grow!

I then supersetted hanging side crunches and trunk twists. I did about 20 reps on each side for the side crunches, then 50 trunk twists following.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
In other News. Some of you may have read my previous posts about my goals each month to strive for a certain weight. (2.5 more pounds each month). I weighed myself on November 1st first thing in the morning after I took my daily piss. I weighed 202.5 pounds on the dot!!!

My Novemeber 1st goal has been completed and achieved. Everything is going according to plan. By December 1st I will need to weigh 205 pounds, a goal I know I can achieve if I keep following my plan.