• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Quest for Mass

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Great strength you've got there mate. Good sessions.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
First look through the log and I like it. some solid sessions in here, I will check back often!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey thanks Creator! I love to hear that! By the way, your picture is nuts. Even though its a side tri, I can tell you have a great X frame. Good legs and shoulders, with a tiny waist. I need that kind of conditioning next time!

So Saturday was ARMS!

Biceps: EZ bar curl: 105 (not including the bar): 7,6,6
after I get 20 reps Im going to move the weight up!

DB curl: 60's: 7,6,6
This was my first time using 60's and it went really well! I still got a good feel from the weight. I thought my form would go, but it didn't at all. After I got 23+ reps Im moving to 65's!

Reverse cable curl: 110: 10 112.5: 10,10
These were good, I really love this exercise! My forearms are definitly growing from this.

TRICEPS: SMITH PUSH PRESS: 205: 7 210: 5,6 215: 6
very much like a military press. I bring the bar down until my arms are parallel to the floor so all the weight is pressured on my triceps. Then I lockout at the top.

Cable Pushdown: 170: 10 172.5: 9,9 177.5: 7
These were great. My form didn't give in at all and I got a great feel from it.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Today was Chest/CALVES/ABS day.

CHEST: Incline Press: 225: 5 230: 5 235: 5, 4.5
Almost had that last one!!

Decline PRess: 210: 6,6 215: 6,6
Felt fine. This first set felt a little hard. By the second set I was zoned in and it felt good to move up in weights.

Machine Fly: 212.5: 10 217.5: 9,8 220: 8
These were good. Im trying to keep a bit of a higher rep range here like 8-12. Im really going for that pump/glycogen flush at the end.

CALVES: neutral calf raise: 285: 10 295: 10 305: 10
I looked down at my calves before I did these, and I can already tell the heavier weight is making my calves grow. Screw high reps!

Outside calf raises: 265: 10 270: 10 275: 10
toes pointed in for outside of calf work

ABS: rope crunch:197.5: 12 200: 10,9

Hanging leg raise: 10 lb: 12,12,12
Side crunches+twist: 3x failure

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
damn pete, your chest looks strong.. i recommend you to fill out your little stats thing so everybody can see how long you've been working out etc. !!

but hell y ea, session looks pretty good man :)

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh shoot I didn't even know about that haha Thanks man I'm definitly going to be filling that out. Thanks for all the support bro I really appreciate it.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yea bud the heavy weight and low reps will put that mass on there and high rep will tone and sculpt it into a ladies magnet. Hell yea man bring on the stats.
Keep the weight coming and the intensity burning!

I'll be watching you. :31_whip:

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You got that right Samoan!

Saturday was LEG DAY!!

I figured something out really critical about my legs during this workout. I can't do high reps for a set and expect to do more heavy movements afterwards. I did my four heavy sets of front squats, and then one set of twenty for a lighter front squat. But after I got done that 20 rep set, I was burrrrrrrrned out! I couldn't leg press at all after all those squats. So from now on, Im just going to do my 4 sets of heavy squats, and then go straight to my heavy leg pressing!

Front Squat: 250: 8 255: 7 260: 6,6 170: 20
These were all fine, I just shouldn't have done that last set of 170 cause I couldn't leg press after :angrydude:

Leg Press: NO STRENGTH LEFT!!! I tried loading it up with 355 and I barely got 5. I knew at that point that the 20 rep set blew me out of the water.

Leg Curl: 205: 10 215: 8,8 220: 8

Stiff Deads: 225: 8,8,8

Lunges (smith machine): 180: 8,8,8
One leg at a time

Other than the whole leg press incident this was actually a great workout. I got to use my new belt from cardillo.com, It was a lot of money, but it looks cool as hell with my name on the back of it, and the quality is AMAZING. It felt like I wasn't even using a belt, it just felt like I had a really strong lower back! haha
One leg at a time.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Great workout Pete.

Hexercises all look really strong, especially those 260 front squats.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
THAT IS WHAT THE HELL I AM TALKING ABOUT WOOOO! :ranter:

Hit them legs will all you got and still punishing them what whats left that is intense, thats being genetically superior thats it, brother keep it up.

Man that was exciting to read love seeing fellow lifters reach for and beyond.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Samoan your my new best friend! lol No but seriously, thanks a lot dude hearing that kind of talk makes me want to workou tbrutally intense as hell every time I step foot in the gym.

BACK DAY!!

Deadlifts: 410: 6 420: 4,5
These were all in good form. My last set I felt my form go a little on the second rep, and I just buckled down and told myself it wouldn't happen again. I managed to get 3 more right after it and it felt awesome.

Underhand BB rows: 230: 8,8,8 235: 8
I really feel like these would be easier if I did them before deadlifts. Im just so blown out of the water after those deads I can't think to move any heavy weight. But I still did these pretty damn well I think.

T bar rows (bar not included in weight): 145: 10 170: 10 180: 8,8
I did these with the weight on one side and my friend standing on the other. I used a V bar.

Pulldowns: 225: 8 235: 8 240: 8,9
These felt awesome, I really want to keep upping the weight on these and get my lats looking like a bat with wings!! hah

Wide Grip Chins: BW: 8,8,7
Im going to add some weight to this next time. I really focused on getting my chest up on these and contracting that back.

All in all a solid workout. What do you guys think about me doing som BB rows before the dead lifts?? Good idea or bad idea? I feel like I can do the rows better if I do them fresh before the deads.

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man that back must be screaming and not wanting more but you give it more that its the way to keep up growth, your dedication is the foundation for the building of power and mass.

Yea man that the way to go hitting that back,

I personally do the rows after ward, cause if you do them before the deadlift it can fatigue back and take away from deads but the deads will only make your back sore and you will be able to do the rows.. so I do the deads first same as if you wanted to work on your legs you hit the squat before you hit the leg press.. or else your squats are dead.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
True man you're right. Im going to stick with my game plan with the deads first. That's my biggest mass builder.

Your quotes sound so much like the ANIMAL advertisements, they get me so damn pumped!!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What's Animal advertisments?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You ever hear of the supplement products made by ANIMAL? They make a lot of different supplements but are most known for their multi vitamin/mineral complex called ANIMAL PAK.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Strong deads and fronties bro.Keep it up:xyxthumbs:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Awesome workout bro! :2:

Heavy deads and rows right there bro, keep this good work up.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Update from the Deadlifts: My lower back is on FIRE. Its so damn sore its almost painful. Sorry, I just had to bitch and moan a little. Ive been moving around in my office chair all day cause its been just bothering me like crazy. But I guess I'm happy to be in pain, hopefully Im growing!! Tonight im working arms, so it shouldn't get in the way at all.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Great man, when your sore for days after your workout, you new you tore those fibres up BIG time. Just get that healing process underway with lots of food and restfull sleep.