• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Pete's Quest for Mass

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Damn dude you still got the New Years resolutioners there they usually don't last this long.. Great workout regardless.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know it's driving me crazy!!!!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last night I trained LEGS.

To begin with, My lower back still felt sore from Deadlifts on Friday. My leg's also didn't feel 100% especially my glutes. I'm definitely going to make my Deadlifts just one all out set instead of two. I love doing this exercise for the sheer, intensity and challenge, but it got in the way of my leg workout and I can't have that.

1. Front Squats: 290: 4,5 295: 2.5
PR. I had a spot on the last rep for 295, I couldn't get up by myself, but it was still a good attempt. I'm going to try to do 295 for 3 sets next week.

2. Stiff Legged Dead lifts: 280: 6 285: 6
PR. I used to do these in the reps around 8, but I realized I wanted to go heavier on these. I lowered the reps a tad, added some more weight, and kept the form perfect.

3. Lunges: 225: 6,6
PR. Man was I toasted after these.

4. FST-7 Leg Press: 405: 8 390: 8 350: 8 300: 8,8,8,8

I was exhausted after all this. I did the workout in about an hour and 15 minutes.

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
congrats for your p.b. on front squats ! i really like them, they bang the upper quad like hell.. your stiffed leg deads lookin' good too !!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I love doing this exercise for the sheer, intensity and challenge, but it got in the way of my leg workout and I can't have that.

That my friend is fucking sig worthy.

A very nice front squat as well very good, i gotta try the lunges after squating I usualy do about 5 sets of 20 lunges steps for a pre exhaust, it killes the glutes like no other. :thumbsup2:

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude, I know my glutes are DEAD. I'm hoping they help my quad and Hamstring development. My ass is getting big enough. haha

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hahaha yea they do Vegeta!! No one likes a pancake ass. haha

Last night was CHEST/CALVES/ABS

1. Incline Press: 250: 5,4,3.5
PR for reps. I got two more reps this time, and it felt a lot better on the whole. I'm going to keep this weight for one more week, to really just own it. If I can get 2 more reps I'll be really satisfied.

2. Decline: 240: 4 245: 3,3
PR. The form was good on the 245, but doing 3 reps always makes me nervous, I don't know why. I like to get 4-6. That's ok, I'm going to keep 245 for a week or two more.

3. FST-7 Machine Fly: 232.5: 8,8 167.5: 8,8,8,8,8
I get the best of both worlds on this. I keep it heavy when I'm fresh for the first two sets, and still keep great form and get a good pump. Then I drop the weight down and continue on with my FST-7 protocall.

4. Rope Crunch: 215: 10 217.5: 10 220: 7
PR. I was feeling great on these!! the 220 was tough, but if I start with this weight next time, I feel like I can get 10.

5. Leg raises: 20: 10,8,10
Same reps as last week. This really wasn't great because A. My abs were tired from the crunches and B my legs were still (and still are) toasted from my leg day.

6. Oblique Superset: crunches, and twists to failure.

7. Standing Calf Raises (toes pointed forward): 355: 10 365: 10
PR. 365 was tough, but I made myself get 10.

8 Standing Calf Raises (toes pointed in): 300: 10, 10
PR. I got a GREAT feel from this. I finally have a good mind muscle connection with the outside of my calves.

The gym noobs from New years resolutions were in there, and I had to wait way too long on to do a couple of exercises. I was there for an extra half hour because of them. I have a short temper when it comes to these kids. I'm just counting my blessings that I'm not dieting for a show because there is no doubt in my mind that I would throw a DB at someone's head!!!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice sessions and PR's man! keep up the good work buddy!!

And dont worry about those kids too much, they will be done by the 22nd lulz

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Pete, carry a pistol ina visable holster when people see it they agree unless or course they got one hidden lol.

Great work though man, but it's been 3 days wtf where's the updates?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ask and you shall recieve Samoan lol.

My BACK workout was on Friday and my SHOULDER/TRAP/DEADLIFT workout was yesterday (Monday).

BACK 1/16/09

1. Underhand BB rows: 275: 8,8,8
PR for reps. I just couldn't get a great feel from this. I got good reps and control, but I just wasn't feeling it like I usually do. I'm going to use this weight for another week.

2. T bar rows: 182.5: 8 185: 8,8
PR. Felt awesome. I was really staying parallel, and getting a good squeeze from my scapula.

3. Pulldowns: 275: 8,8,8 Last two sets were more of a rest pause 7+1, 6+2.
PR for reps. Not a great feel. I would get about 5-7 good reps each set and then the last couple reps I wasn't getting full ROM. I'm going to keep this weight another week to work on getting a full contraction on every set.

4. Rack chins: 25: 8,7,6
PR. These felt great. I had great control and a good mind muscle connection

5. Rope Pulls (fst-7 style): 207.5: I did 7 sets of 8 reps. GREAT PUMP!

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
SHOULDER/TRAP/DEADLIFT 1/19/09

1. Deadlift: 460: 4.5
PR. I was so close to that 5th rep!!! agh!!!! I changed this exercise to doing just one all out set. I get 3-4 warm up sets, and then go for my heaviest set to failure. It's basically H.I.T. Damn am I sore. There really isn't any need to do another set after such a brutal set to failure.

2. Shoulder Press: 220: 5,5,4
PR for reps. two more reps this week. I had an awesome mind muscle connection the whole time. I'll move to 225 next week!!

3. Upright rows: 200: 7,7,6
PR. New Weight, new battle to fight. This was a lot harder. I want to make sure I get perfect form down. I might use this week for two more weeks.

4. Reverse Fly: 187.5: 8,8,8
PR. I gripped the handles really hard, and it made it a lot easier. I had a nice squeeze in my posterior delts here.

5. DB shrugs: 100's: 8,8,8
PR. These were challenging, but I got a great pump and control over the weight. There aren't any heavier DB's at my gym. So Im going to change it to BB shrugs next week. Maybe 225?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice sessions man! Pr's everywhere!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice sessions man, all the PR ... only means you're getting stronger.
Any noticable increases in mass?

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Increases in Mass are definitely apparent.

I did two measurements the other day. My arms have grown 1/3 an inch since the bulk, and 1/2 on my legs. I'd like to get an increase of an inch on both bodyparts by the end of the bulk. Also, my weight has gone up, I hang around 209-210. I want to be 210 by the start of February. My waist is still down, and my 6 pack is still visible, so although I've gained a little bit of fat, its still a majority of muscle! :)

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last Night was my ARM session

Triceps.

1. Tricep Push Press: 250: 4,3,3
PR for reps. Only one more rep than last week, but last week I felt like the weight was just owning me. This week I felt like I was controlling it a bit better. I'd really like to get two more reps next week.

2. straight bar pushdowns: 202.5: 8,8,8
PR. These were real good this week.

3. Dip Machine (FST-7): 210: 7 sets of 8 reps
These were really tough by the last two sets. I got a real good pump.

4. EZ bar curl: 120 (not including bar): 6,6,4
PR for reps. WAY better than last week!! Much better control, and four more total reps! If I can get two more next week I'll be really happy.

5. Alternating DB curl: 70's: 6,6,5
PR. This was a new weight for me, but it felt pretty managable. It was definitely harder, but my form was real good. I'd rather get lower reps in strict form than more reps in sloppyness.

6. DB hammer curl: 65: 6,6
PR. These were pretty good, can't complain. I had a nice contraction in my brachialis and forearms.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice arm session man! big weights being used!