Bulkboy
Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
- Joined
- Oct 22, 2006
- Messages
- 4,193
- Points
- 36
are u a natural when it comes to endurance man? or have u always trained it this much?
Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums
MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.
All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.
Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.
By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.
Not to be rude, but this is like asking if you naturally bench or squat as much as you do now without working hard at it.Bulkboy said:are u a natural when it comes to endurance man? or have u always trained it this much?
Endurance does seem to be an alien concept to most people, and a lot of times those who can run for a long time are built for it, so the question doesn't bother me too much. But you're absolutely right; what exactly does endurance mean? Our cross country coach once said something like, "You've got these guys going out and running for an hour and a half and coming back with a big hardon for themselves. I'm not impressed; it's about your effort, not how long you can run." Sometimes longer 'easier' days are necessary, but the impressive days should be the 3-5 mile race pace days, not the 6-10 mile easier days! Now if only I could do ten miles at race pace...
I've been cheating a lot with the holiday weekend and other family events, but I'm mostly on track. Once I get moved in to where I'm going to spend the rest of the summer I'll get serious.
, then I went and practiced my tennis skills (read no ability whatsoever) against the practice wall up at the school, ran for 25 minutes up at the school, came home, ate, went and played sand volleyball and showed off my skills (read awesome goodness), and then played tennis with some friends.

Despite this, I think I'm maintaining muscle mass pretty good on my upper body. Lower body with all the running is a different story...but my legs are still bigger now than they were at the beginning of last summer so we'll see how that goes.Glex said:^^ Well, I lost a bit of strength on everything, which is to be expected. I only got out like 275 lbs x 2-3 on squat, 275 lbs x 4 on deadlift, 225 lbs x 5 on bench press...just weaker all around. DB shoulder press went really well but that's a crapshoot for meDespite this, I think I'm maintaining muscle mass pretty good on my upper body. Lower body with all the running is a different story...but my legs are still bigger now than they were at the beginning of last summer so we'll see how that goes.
Oh well, pushed through it, then did some abs and pullups.
).BigBen said:Pretty soon yr gonna need a stick to beat the girls away pimpin!



I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy and acknowledge the following:
MuscleMecca.com does not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or pharmaceutical products.
Advertisers are fully responsible for their content. Use this section at your own risk.
All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical, legal, or purchasing advice.
Illegal activity is strictly prohibited and may result in permanent bans.