• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

My Back hurts!!

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I don't know why either its because i used to play computer games for hours a day when i was younger or ive pulled a muscle doing weights. My lower back is aching of agony and i need good advise how to deal with it. I decided to loose the weight whilst ive been in the uk for only 3 weeks and dropped 7 kilos of body fat and im now 93 but i still need to get down to 85 but it still hurts with agony.

It also could be because i never train my lower back muscles and train everything else with heavy weights im in desperate need for help because if this back pain worsens i will have to give up bodybuilding and i wouldn't want to do that.

At 18 years old i shouldn't be getting lower back pain but i am and its really pissing me off, ive got tablets to deal with the pain from the doctor who didn't even give me xrays or a propper check on my back if theres permanent damage, wich he told me there hasn't been any. The tablets don't do shit for the pain. How long should i take rest off from doing the weights and then when i start should i train lower back first for a while or do my other body parts aswell

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Be carefull with the pain killers especially when you take them and still training. this could make it worse.

Imo take 1-2 weeks off, and after that start up easy. No heavy deadlifts, squats, powercleans, SLDL etc try to stay away from exercises which are hard for your lower back. If it keeps painfull I would go back to the dokter or physio to get a better check up.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey philo when i start up should i start off with some exercises for back i mean it could be because its weak?

I think i will take 2-3 weeks off or even 4 since im worried about it.

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Couple things:

It doesn't just need to be back exercises that cause your lower back to hurt. Anything that involves lumbar stabilization can cause this. So anything as far as deadlifts to crunches can cause this. If you want some exercises that cause your lower back to stabilize (many) just hit me with a PM.

I'd take a while off, no set time, just until you feel mentally and physically ready to hit the weights again. When you get back, I'd either go super light on the deads (RDL and SLDL) and/or try to strengthen the lower back slightly with hyperextensions.

Lastly, careful with the painkillers. Too much ibuprofen can cause your body to reduce protein synthesis.

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
go to the chiropractor you are out of alignment. You have classic symptoms of being out of alignment. get adjusted, and keep getting adjusted until you are good again. Then get adjusted twice a month after that definately, or whatever yr chiro recommends. Stop takjing pain killers it reaks havoc on protein synthesis.

Trzain light and only do isolation exercises that dont bug yr back until your chiro gives u the go ahead to lift again. Once in alignment work back into your normal routine. After about 3 weeks you should be somewhat close to normal again strength wise.

Form comes first. You are not lifting weights you are contracting your muscles. This has to be the mind set.

God Bless
Ben

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What BB Said, should help out.
and i thought you were under 18?...

philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey philo when i start up should i start off with some exercises for back i mean it could be because its weak?

I think i will take 2-3 weeks off or even 4 since im worried about it.

Nothing wrong with taking some more time off. As for the rest Big ben gave some solid info.

SerbMarko

SerbMarko

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
do what BB said.. also try to loose some bf and train your abs more.. its helped me a lot.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tonka go and see a real sports doctor!
go to the chiropractor you are out of alignment. You have classic symptoms of being out of alignment. get adjusted, and keep getting adjusted until you are good again. Then get adjusted twice a month after that definately, or whatever yr chiro recommends. Stop takjing pain killers it reaks havoc on protein synthesis.

Trzain light and only do isolation exercises that dont bug yr back until your chiro gives u the go ahead to lift again. Once in alignment work back into your normal routine. After about 3 weeks you should be somewhat close to normal again strength wise.

Form comes first. You are not lifting weights you are contracting your muscles. This has to be the mind set.

God Bless
Ben
How about he goes and sees a sports doctor first :dunnodude:
As much as I love internet diagnosis from vague descriptions, backs are not something you fuck with.
KM said:
Couple things:

It doesn't just need to be back exercises that cause your lower back to hurt. Anything that involves lumbar stabilization can cause this. So anything as far as deadlifts to crunches can cause this. If you want some exercises that cause your lower back to stabilize (many) just hit me with a PM.

I'd take a while off, no set time, just until you feel mentally and physically ready to hit the weights again. When you get back, I'd either go super light on the deads (RDL and SLDL) and/or try to strengthen the lower back slightly with hyperextensions.

Lastly, careful with the painkillers. Too much ibuprofen can cause your body to reduce protein synthesis.
Good post. I echo the ibuprofen statement and add to it; it is terrible for more than a few days in succession. Anything more than a few weeks of taking it and you cause all sorts of gastrointestinal problems.
Serb said:
do what BB said.. also try to loose some bf and train your abs more.. its helped me a lot.
Training your abs to alleviate a back problem will usually cause more problems! Unless you do static/stabilisation back exercises (planks/bridges) you put a lot of stress on the spine.:ugh:

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What BB Said, should help out.
and i thought you were under 18?...

I turned 18 in may.

I Shouldn't be seeing a chirofactor at my age i shouldn't have lower back pain at my age, but yes i will try to arrange that.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff