• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

.o0|SEXY COMPETITIONS OF PILLOWBITER™|0o.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jornT said:
I said MAINLY, so no I don't claim there isn't any muscle activation. It is less enough though, to consider it as a rest moment allowing recovery for more total reps.

No, wrong. You cannot rest in a bench press. Take a weight you can normally do for a 10 RM, now, at the end of every rep, hold the static for 10 seconds, how many reps will you get then? 5, 6? I dont know, but i guarantee you its less

You never saw anyone struggling on a bench to get the rep up (almost failure, defitnaly not able to do another rep), locking out for a sec or two and then do another final rep?

No, not in the way you describe. If someone is having trouble with a rep and locks it out, then then grunt and blah blah blah and usually bring it down and bounce it off their chest, and usually fail hardcore. I guarantee they wont do the next rep in proper form after stuggling on a prior one.

So you can do more reps in squats Ronnie style (not locking out) then breathing squat style where you lock out every time so do more work?

Squats are a different biomechanical exercise, with squats, you have the bar rested directly on your back with little muscular work needed to keep it there (yeah yeah i know, there is core and legs stabilizing it, no need to nit pick). With a bench press, your arms/chest etc are responsible for keeping the bar elevated fighting gravity in an extended position away from the body. There is no resting on a bench press, the only way you could rest is if you left the bar on your chest, not extended.

Jorn, you're wrong, and you're starting to annoy the living hell out of me and most other people with your obnoxious way of jumping to find something "wrong" with what they are doing. I think you should consider doing something like math, where there is usually only one approach to solve a problem. In the area of sports science, there are usually many, if there was one perfect way to do things, everyone would be doing it. Overall, i'm viewing your constant calling other members training methods "gay" as showing disrespect to them, which is against forum rules. Cut the know it all attitude, or go to getbig.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BTW, this is John's log, i posted per his request, please keep things on topic here.

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome session bravo! those are some good numbers and reps!

FOOTBALL FAN

FOOTBALL FAN

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good workout Johny heavy on the calve raises impressive numbers all round

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice close-grips and great numbers on squats! I hope you can get those 20 reps in your first movement!

Keep it up!

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave said:
Jorn, you're wrong, and you're starting to annoy the living hell out of me and most other people with your obnoxious way of jumping to find something "wrong" with what they are doing. I think you should consider doing something like math, where there is usually only one approach to solve a problem. In the area of sports science, there are usually many, if there was one perfect way to do things, everyone would be doing it. Overall, i'm viewing your constant calling other members training methods "gay" as showing disrespect to them, which is against forum rules. Cut the know it all attitude, or go to getbig.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mexicanmuscle, Footballfan and Mvsf1

thanx bro's.. and yeah I hope I can get those 20 rep soon to.:D

TrueOutlaw

TrueOutlaw

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
some really good stuff in here Jb looking gr8 in the pic bro...if you have time i would lve for you to stop by my log and check things out and tell me what you think...ne ways keep it up bro

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sure I will but I'm off to work now but I'll check it out when I get back:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pitball

Pitball

Banned
Good work bravo build those wheels bro

J

jornT

Johnny Bravo said:
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I know, that's why you asked Ironslave to do the dirty work right?

Don't answer that, because I need to stay ontopic otherwise it would be against the forum rules.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jornT said:
I know, that's why you asked Ironslave to do the dirty work right?

Don't answer that, because I need to stay ontopic otherwise it would be against the forum rules.

LOL What dirty work? I tried to explain it to you but you didn't listen because you where far to busy being arrogant and telling me to do my homework and telling me how lucky I am that you actually took off time to tell me my training was gay, and even more backed it up with another post!! And even after all that you where wrong?? That's pretty funny to me and everyone likes to see a wise ass being Pwned.
The way you act on the board is pathetic and really brings a bad vibe to it.
And besides Ironslave seems to be the only one you actually listen to.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
This whole log is one "Dear John" letter gone horribly wrong.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ironslave said:
This whole log is one "Dear John" letter gone horribly wrong.

LOL STFU with the John thing :D

J

jornT

Johnny Bravo said:
And besides Ironslave seems to be the only one you actually listen to.

I thought we wouldn't go oddtopic in your logg, but you had to call me wrong (in bold) again.

I listen to logic, so usually I listen to Ironslave. But in this case he just come her to defend you not to post things thta make sense. I don't drop out of a debate because it's Ironslave if that's what you guys hoped.

I let a friend of my take the test today, and I didn't tell him anything before. Just to do half ROM reps nonstop first to complete failure. He hit 11. The set AFTER (which should make it even harder) I let him to full ROM and lockout taking 3 deep breaths in this position and het got 14 reps this way.

No you're gonna probably say but this is wrong in my tes this...whatever, good for you, do non stop pressure reps than, whatever works.

And the funny things is, I didn't even come here to debate, I like your training style way more than most members BJB, that's why this is one of the few loggs that I follow. But you had to whine about the gay part and wanted to be right which obviously is more important than learning something news. Bodybuilders are traditionalist, that's why 95% still does split training in the first place.

I hope your training goes well BJB, I really do, but I'm not gonna bother helping (hmmm didn't help you just posted gay :disgust: ) again, since I'm nothing but a wannabe know it all.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BS Jorn, it biomechanically does not make sence at all, you will not rest on a bench press. You could be totally making shit up about your friend, and still like i said in my theory, work is force X distance, if you go through a longer range of motion, you create more work, because the load isnt changing during a bench. I'm banning you for a day, because you're getting on everyones nerves.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
jornT said:
I thought we wouldn't go oddtopic in your logg, but you had to call me wrong (in bold) again.

I listen to logic, so usually I listen to Ironslave. But in this case he just come her to defend you not to post things thta make sense. I don't drop out of a debate because it's Ironslave if that's what you guys hoped.

I let a friend of my take the test today, and I didn't tell him anything before. Just to do half ROM reps nonstop first to complete failure. He hit 11. The set AFTER (which should make it even harder) I let him to full ROM and lockout taking 3 deep breaths in this position and het got 14 reps this way.

No you're gonna probably say but this is wrong in my tes this...whatever, good for you, do non stop pressure reps than, whatever works.

And the funny things is, I didn't even come here to debate, I like your training style way more than most members BJB, that's why this is one of the few loggs that I follow. But you had to whine about the gay part and wanted to be right which obviously is more important than learning something news. Bodybuilders are traditionalist, that's why 95% still does split training in the first place.

I hope your training goes well BJB, I really do, but I'm not gonna bother helping (hmmm didn't help you just posted gay :disgust: ) again, since I'm nothing but a wannabe know it all.

The only thing I asked you to do was not to say something is gay only because it's a very disrespectful way of talking to someone.
You can't get respect if you talk like that and even though I know (at least I hope) that you only wanna help people, you won't win anything with the attitude you have. This is not some kind of conspiracy against you but have brought this on to yourself, and if that behaviour doesn't stop you'll be banned and this isn't exactly new to you.

But you had to whine about the gay part and wanted to be right which obviously is more important than learning something news.

That makes no sense at all. :uhoh2:

And this proves what exactly?

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I definetely missed one hell of a leg session JB, sorry about that. Those squats are fantastic along with the front squats. Triceps are hella strong too with those closegrips, excellent job man.

I had to go back 2 pages just to find YESTERDAYS session lol.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Tweak said:
I definetely missed one hell of a leg session JB, sorry about that. Those squats are fantastic along with the front squats. Triceps are hella strong too with those closegrips, excellent job man.

I had to go back 2 pages just to find YESTERDAYS session lol.

Don't really think my legworksouts are all that. Just something that has to be done :D But Breathing Squats have grown on me and I actually like doing them now.

Todays workout

Pull-ups:
15*bw
10*bw
10*bw

Bent over bb rows: Are getting a bit tired of this excercise..
10*60kg
10*100kg
6*140kg
6*140kg

Lying incline 2 arm db rows:
10*24,5kg
8*32kg
10*32kg
10*32kg

Cable Rows: Used a different machine than usual at it seemed a alot heavier.
8*80kg
10*80kg
10*75kg
16*60kg

Bb. Shrugs:
14*60kg
12*100kg
12*120kg

Alternate db. curls:
12*16kg
10*20kg
7*22kg

Bb. curls:
10*37kg
6*47kg
8*47kg
7*47kg

Db. Hammercurls:
10*22,5kg
6*25kg
6*25kg

Bb. Preacher curls:
10*27kg
6*32kg
6*32kg
7*32kg

Dragonflags:
6 reps

MexicanMuscle

MexicanMuscle

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great session bravo, those numbers are looking big. u really worked the back and biceps today man, bet u got a good pump. those pullups are awesome man.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
MexicanMuscle said:
great session bravo, those numbers are looking big. u really worked the back and biceps today man, bet u got a good pump. those pullups are awesome man.

Thanx.. the pullups (and dips) are getting boring because I don't have a dip-belt yet so I can't make myself heavy enough just to do 6-8 reps. .. on the other hand I COULD start eating some more :D