• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Skeptic's log.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
I know what u mean, you couldnt go as wide right? but why the sudden need to do your stuff in the squat rack? damn trainers..
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Its a new 'safety' thing they're bringing in. Fucks me why they can't use their fucking brains ey.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Sucks dude, just try talking for them and ram some sense into their brains!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I'm not deadlifting inside the squat rack, next time they tell me to stop, I'll ask if they have a problem with me deadlifting outside.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
It was getting into the busy time, but it wasn't peak time yet.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
They are VERY fucking gay.

5/3/1 cycle 2week 2 day 3

Bench
3@75kg
3@80kg
8@85kg ----> PR
Last rep was godawful, but I got it up none the less!

DB shoulder press
5@30kg
5@30kg
5@30kg

Pullups
20 reps, felt pretty weak.

DB rows
10@40kg
10@40kg
8@40kg

Dips
8@BW
8@BW

The last set of bench fried me for everything else haha, am very happy with it though :)
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice sessions Skippy, good pr!! whats your calculated 1rm? 105?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
107.5kg currently :) I reckon, give it a couple more cycles, I'll be up around 120 :D
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
5/3/1 Cycle 2 Week 3 Day 1

MP
5@50kg
3@60kg
2@70kg

Matched last cycle. 60kg went up pretty easily, I was hoping for a few more reps wih 70kg, but oh well.

Pullups
6@BW (As sad as it sounds, this is a PB)
5@BW
5@BW
4@BW

Incline DB press
[email protected]
5@35kg
[email protected]

Depending on how I feel next week, I might give the 40kg's a go.

DB rows
15@40kg
10@40kg
8@40kg

Did some Shrugs then some CG bench after this, both pretty uninteresting.



I think I'm going to give the heavy legs a miss for the rest of this cycle, my quad still hurts after last weeks terrible deadlift effort, so I'm just going to do some light squatting and the assistance work, see how that goes, then pick everything back up again next cycle. Upper body will still be going heavy though.
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
nice overheads. definately want to see the 40s on ur db presses xoxoxox
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Thats it! I'm goin for 5@40kg next week!
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Nice session skippy! 40kgx5, ull get it easy!!
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Impressive MP's (Applaus)

Current stats champ?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Age: 22
Weight: 93kg
Height: 173cm (?)

My projections are fucked at the moment because of my leg, but:
Squat - 178kg
Bench - 108kg
Deadlift - 195kg
MP - 76kg

Deadlift should be up past 200kg :(
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ God you're short too!!!

Pickle and I are the only Aussies here above midget size.

That squat is a beacon of win. What's holding back the bench and dead?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Nothings holding back my bench, it is stronger than it has ever been. For ages I prioritised lower body, and my upper body suffered, this is probably the first proper program I've done for upper body, and I'm just growing like a weed.

My projected dead was up around 205kg at the end of last cycle, but my left leg has been giving me grief, so I'm just gonna take it easy in this cycle, and blast it out in the next.
 
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 13, 2006
Messages
7,956
Points
73
^^ AHH. Now I remember, you did all of those squat programs yet never a bench program.

In which case I'd expect you to have that bench fly up soon.

By leg problem do you mean adductor at all? Because I have been getting tightness there from pulls and squats dominated programs. I've added in the stepups to counter this (lunges just exacerbated it).
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Yeah actually, it does feel like its in my adductor, around where it attaches to the knee. I felt it when I was doing smolov mostly, otherwise it was fine until now.

Step ups help with it?

I think I really need to look at how I warm up for squats and deads, I don't think the couple minutes on the bike is enough lol
 

Similar threads

sexnews
Replies
22
Views
5K
miamiracing
miamiracing
Skeptic
Replies
267
Views
48K
Skeptic
Skeptic
Skeptic
Replies
27
Views
6K
Skeptic
Skeptic
P
Replies
39
Views
8K
Beefcake
Beefcake
Top