• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Skeptic's log.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Don't overtrain man! haha
 
Anabolicus

Anabolicus

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 24, 2007
Messages
1,244
Points
38
100x20 - not too shabby, man. You might wanna check out the vid I posted in my log. :kdubb:
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Ok, so I'm back on 5/3/1... starting out a bit light.

5/3/1 MP
5@45kg
5@50kg
9@55kg

Pullups
Shame... just trying to get 5 sets of whatever reps currently.

DB bench
8@30kg
8@30kg
8@30kg

DB rows
20@40kg

Dips
8@BW
8@BW

Over exam block and end of semester I lost about 4kg, so I'm not feeling as strong as I did... should be right though.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
I'm gonna stop being a ***** bitch. Doing 5/3/1, but I'm doing magnusson/ortmayer deadlift cycle on deadlift day.

Deads
4x4@120kg
2x2@140kg
8@120kg

My problem with deadlifting is getting the bar moving, so for every rep of every set today (minus the last 120kg) bar stopped and reset myself. I didn't bother going over the 8 reps in the last set, I know I had a bunch more in me, I was more concerned about the other sets, I'll push the boundaries of that set in coming weeks.

EDIT: lol @ P-ussy being censored and bitch not being censored!
 
Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
4,603
Points
63
good session skippyyyyyyyy xoxooxox. keep at it.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
good job skippy, any specific goal for deadlift?
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Current goal is a 200+kg deadlift. That's what I'm pushing for right now lol.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Just did some cardio.

60mins Sex.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Current goal is a 200+kg deadlift. That's what I'm pushing for right now lol.

That's great, i have that same goal atm, just trying to reach that doing 5-3-1 (tested 194Kg single) no specific deadlift routine yet although oatmayer's sounds tempting...in a painful way lol.
Good luck, i'll be watching!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Hehe, I just need to work on my deadlift a LOT! Hopefully it will give it a kick in the guts.
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
5/3/1 week 1 - Bench

5@65kg
[email protected]
9@80kg
Probably had one more but I didn't have the balls.

Did pullups in between each bench set, 20 reps in total LOL

DB shoulder press
5@30kg
5@30kg
5@30kg

DB rows
8@45kg
8@50kg

Dips
12@BW
8@BW

Short one tonight, didn't have much time.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
nice session Skeptic, keep it up!
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Ok so it looks like I'm back in here... had to give the gym a miss for a few weeks due to lack of funds, but I was trying to keep the bodyweight training going. Finally found a job, I'm gonna be a BP servo dude ahahahahaha lets hear it for graveyard shifts!!!

Yesterday
5/3/1 Squats cycle 1 week 1
3@135kg
3@145kg
3@155kg
Experimented with a lower bar position and wider stance... felt really ****ing solid. Didn't want to go over the 3 reps the first week back, I'll wait for the 5-3-1 week to test myself. Still having major wrist issues, I've found I'm not having as much of an issue if I don't wrap my thumb around the bar and keep my hand a bit more open.... good or bad idea?

front Squats
10@60kg
10@60kg
10@60kg

Gym closed.

Today
5/3/1 MP Cycle 1 week 1
3@45kg
3@50kg
11@55kg
I did these last week also, but I wasn't able to get anything else done in the week so I thought I'd restart.

I did 2 sets of 4 pullups, I tried to do more but there were so many people using the bars I could only fit in 2 sets.

DB rows
8@50kg
8@50kg
8@50kg
Grip nearly gave out on the last set.

Dips BW = approx 96kg
6@BW+15kg
6@BW+15kg
8@BW

Stretched and done... feels great to be back.
 
Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
Joined
Jul 20, 2006
Messages
1,788
Points
63
Glad to see you back to it.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Thanks mate! It's good to be back, I just hope I can find a way to train around work.
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Good to see you're still lifting dude! :grin:
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Thanks man! What are your thoughts on my grip issue with squats?
 
El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Joined
Nov 12, 2006
Messages
8,129
Points
63
Its called suicide grip and isn't too uncommon. If its giving you the most solid form then I'd stick with it.
 
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Joined
Dec 23, 2007
Messages
7,444
Points
38
Sweet deal, look for big squat gains soon.
 

Similar threads

sexnews
Replies
22
Views
5K
miamiracing
miamiracing
Skeptic
Replies
267
Views
48K
Skeptic
Skeptic
Skeptic
Replies
27
Views
6K
Skeptic
Skeptic
P
Replies
39
Views
8K
Beefcake
Beefcake
Top