• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

wrestling lyon's log of terror

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I hate accidents...htye fuck up your routine! but nice to see u still won 2 matches man!

Now get ur butt in teh gym!:bball:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sorry about the accident bro.

BUT! now for the critisism lol you knew it was coming PV knew it was coming but anywho lol.

Sore? you gotta be able to push beyond the pain bro, I wreslted in HS and lifted heavy it was hard as fuck to lift heavy to consistently do both wreslting conditioning and practice but you gotta be able to push beyond and dominate. No pain no gain with the strength coming even with the pain you'll overpower alot of your opponents I may have gone to state if I hadn't gone over 275 ..... stupid fucking rules.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

jnutz and vegeta: thanks and i'm going to be back in the gym as soon as i have a way to get there
samoan: i only got parshly sore normally when i would do the same starting out i would end up much more sore (i'm talking about the volume not the weight i still pushed the weight but not to the point where i was physically exhausted which would most likely lead to me overtraining and thus only inhibit me)
also I wrestle at 152 much lower than heavyweight like you did, i'm also dropping down from 162 down to the 152 but they recently gave us a 2 pound growth allowance which now makes it 154 making the cut a bit easier
what state did you wrestle in?

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
North Carolina, almost won the beast of the east tournament but kept fucking up the half nelson roll and ended up tiring my self out.

MY average pin time was 50 seconds 1st round, then.... over 275 and wrestling was over lmao.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

that sucks
i dont know about nc but in california our heavyweight top got bumped up to 285 and we get a 2 pound growth allowance during January that holds throughout the rest of the season and you also get whatever extra allowance tournaments give you which is normally a pound the first day and 2 the second day

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
So much for the Terror of the training log :keke:

Just joking buddy, keep us updated even if its not a update with training, pop in and tell us your doing okay:tiphat:

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

updates: sorry it has taken so long I have been busy with wrestling
wrestling has been going alright
last match I cut too much weight in too short of time (7.7 pounds in less than 24 hours) and came out wrestling like shit, worst match of the season
but the past weekend (7th) I took 8th at a tourney which had a fucked up bracket where if you lost in the first two rounds you could only place as high as 7th, and I made it to the 7th place match but lost by two
have the post season this upcoming weekend (the 21st) and if i place top 6 there I go to the next post season tournament (the 28th) if i don't amke it to the second one I will be dissapointed in myself

back to my workouts
I worked out Tuesday but didn't keep track of weight as it was when I was cutting weight and was just trying to keep a sweat going but I did db bench, tri pushdowns, cable crossovers

Thursday's workout
ez bar curls
40X25
40X25
40X25
40X25
seated curls with arms at 45 degree angle from back of bench
15X15
15X15
15X15
front dbl bi cable curls
15X15
20X15
20X15
straight bar curls (top half only)
45X12
45X12
45X12
ez bar reverse curls
20X25
20X25
20X25
20X25
preacher curls but on back of bench when straight up
15X12
10X15
10X15
hammer curls
15X25
15X25

this workout killed my arms the next day arms were sore and when relaxed still not completely straight, the pump during the workout was insane but it felt great

Friday's workout
db bench
40X12
60X12
60X12
60X12
bb bench
135X10
135X10
135X10
incline bench cable flye
20X10
15X12
15X12
decline db bench
45X12
45X11
45X11
db pullover
55X10 (stopped after one set because it was hurting my shoulder, the medial head
cable crossover
25X15
25X15
25X15

pump during this workout was again a great feeling

I love being back in the gym :turborun:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glad your back in the gym, and such a shame about placing 8th bro,
Always go harder and new game plan next time around bro :2:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good session's man, but during the matches what was your noticable weaknesses.

Cardio, Strength, Technique or Fatigue in general from trying to make weight

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Good to see you back mate, good sessions too.

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

dridderz: yeah i'm planning on starting dropping weight on wednesday night just by cutting back on food intake in order ot drop weight down so that i can hopefully eat the night before
samoan: i was very weak during my matches, I also was very slow in my reaction I was getting torn up by the guy's outside single
i've only had 10 points or more put up on me 3 times this season 2 were horrible matches (1 of these horrible matches was this one) and the other was just against a stud guy
el freako: thanks i'm trying to get back into the groove of things
i'm going to go high volume then because my body responded well to it alst time that I did, I was able to put on more mass as well as gain strength and muscular endurance

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You should beyond the obvious diet and cut right so you won't lose so much energy.\
work on reaction excersises get a partner to shoot at you while standing, crouched and from behind in different angles to help you react faster to shoots and throws.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Glad to hear all is going well lyon!

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

samoan: yeah i dont know what happened i was just 3 pounds over two days before i wrestled and thne boom i was almost 8 over the next day, right now i'm around 3 over for this weekend so i'm just gonna keep an eye on it
vegeta: thanks i'm tryin

last night's workout:
db curls
20X25
20X25
20X25
20X25
straight bar curls (top half only)
45X15
50X15
55X15
60X15
seated db curls arms at 45 degree angle from bench
20X12
20X12
20X12
db curls (for pump)
5X100
front double bi cable curls
20X15
20X15
20X15
reverse ez bar curls
40X15
40X15
40X15
hammer curls
20X20
20X20
20X20

wrestling lyon

wrestling lyon

freako: biceps are one of the muscles that I feel high reps are a must on, when you go low reps on them i think that
1) you tend to cheat
2) with these smaller muscles you tend not to activate the muscle as well

i'm not sure about the scientific backing behind this, but for me personally that's how it feels so i stick to what I think works best for me
this is the first time i've ever started to train biceps with actual vigor and consistency

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good session Lyon! high reps FTW!