• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Braaq's Training Log

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Leg Day!

Squats:
135 x 15 (warmup)
225 x 8 (warmup)
315 x 8 (warmup)
405 x 5 (warmup)
495 x 7 :hyperguy: Wow, have not done that in a long ass time, and deep as hell too! Wanted to get one more but I was worried about not getting up....
(Edit: forgot to mention that these were Smith Machine Squats but I still put enough weight on accordingly and I do not squat on a Smith Machine with my legs forward, they are beneath the bar so the motion is just exactly like a free weight squat)

Leg Press:
11 plates/side x 15
13 plates/side x 12 (Heavy as hell, though I was gonna burst a capillary with this one haha)

Leg Extensions:
285 x 20
300 (stack) x 15
300 x 12

Lying Leg Curls:
185 x 15
200 x 12
200 x 12

Sitting Hammer Strength Curl:
150 x 15 (for three sets)

Then I did some calves and got outta the gym in an hour and fifteen minutes.
Felt Great!

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fuck awesome weight dude, man id love to be able to sqaut that! im nearly 22, so i have a little over 2 years to get there at the same time you did lol!

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Fuck those squats are crayzzyy :gaygay: keep it up man! What is your split btw?

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good weights on the squats!u animal!

nigster

nigster

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wow, huge weights man. Keep up the good work because it seems to be working. Maybe you could also upload some pics in future?

You're a strong mofo.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
holy mother teresa!! ur off the hook man, that is some insane strenght right there, squats are immense, i actually prefer doing em in the smith, always have really:) leg press is great too, after those squats i can only imagine how that leg press must have felt like:D

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
fuck awesome weight dude, man id love to be able to sqaut that! im nearly 22, so i have a little over 2 years to get there at the same time you did lol!

I was doing this at 21 and 22 with free weights... but that on top of heavy ass deads messed up my lower back.... :disgust:
But thanks bro :xyxthumbs:

Beau

Beau

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
solid session man...that kinda shit doesnt give the legs a choice, They just Grow!

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's some kick-ass squatting right there. If you have problems with lower back -strength and hamstring-drive you could do some goodmornings :2:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
philosopher

philosopher

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Big weight there Braaq. Keep up the good work

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I was doing this at 21 and 22 with free weights... but that on top of heavy ass deads messed up my lower back.... :disgust:
But thanks bro :xyxthumbs:

i hate you in a deeply respectful manner! lol, how long have you been training, ive been training since i was 18 when i went to college, so my first year and a bit didnt involve any leg training i must admit! but yeah no excuse i really wanna get my sqaut matching my deadlifting strength!

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i hate you in a deeply respectful manner! lol, how long have you been training, ive been training since i was 18 when i went to college, so my first year and a bit didnt involve any leg training i must admit! but yeah no excuse i really wanna get my sqaut matching my deadlifting strength!

:49:, thanks... I think. I started when I was 17 and 18... I let it cosume my life which is why at 24 I am finally about to finish college. I wanted to do nothing but work and lift... and that was a big mistake. I got stronger on my squats by doing box squats, heavy, and I got to where I could eventually get 500 for several reps on the box squats. I then got rid of the crutch and was able to do 500 for multiple reps with perfect form, slightly below parallel. I stopped after I twinged my back on doing too much weight on deads when I didnt hit them after a few months... :duh:

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
:49:, thanks... I think. I started when I was 17 and 18... I let it cosume my life which is why at 24 I am finally about to finish college. I wanted to do nothing but work and lift... and that was a big mistake. I got stronger on my squats by doing box squats, heavy, and I got to where I could eventually get 500 for several reps on the box squats. I then got rid of the crutch and was able to do 500 for multiple reps with perfect form, slightly below parallel. I stopped after I twinged my back on doing too much weight on deads when I didnt hit them after a few months... :duh:

so do you think i should give them box sqauts a try after my current program is done! how high does the box have to be, my gym has this wooden box, so i guess it was designed for it maybe, so do you sit on the box and let it take you whole weight before getting up etc

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
so do you think i should give them box sqauts a try after my current program is done! how high does the box have to be, my gym has this wooden box, so i guess it was designed for it maybe, so do you sit on the box and let it take you whole weight before getting up etc

It wont hurt, it will get your form better by coming to parallel or slightly below parallel so it will be second nature when you squat. Also, I used a bench that was at the perfect height and set it between my legs... box squats is the just the name, but you can use whatever and dont sit too long, just tap and come up (dont slam and come up, its bad for your back) It worked wonders for me and my training partner at the time. :tiphat:

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Chest Day!

Flat BB Bench Press:
135 x 10 (warmup)
225 x 10 (warmup)
315 x 5 (warmup)
365 x 6 (much easier than last time = strength is coming back!)

Incline DB Press:
150's x 7 (Sick!!)

Flat DB Press:
150's x 8 (Oh, shit! What am I gonna do when I can do consistant 10? Gonna have to talk the manager into buying heavier DB's!! :D)

Flat DB Fly's:
2 sets of 100's x 10
(too easy now, need to move up next time)

Brought my iPod and jammed to Atreyu = awesome!

Well since I have started I am noticably thicker, and getting way stronger. I have gained about four pounds in three weeks with my top four abs still evident (that is about as fat as I get in the offseason.. I dont put much weight on even when I try) so I weighed in at exactly 237. I am much leaner than I was at 237 last year which means I have gained some quality muscle since the contest.

knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
another awesome heavy back to basic session!

i love atreyu, they are awesome, and the fact they are named after a character from 'the never ending story' makes them even cooler!

you should get into Dance Gavin Dance, they are an awesome emo-hardcore band

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jesus man!! The weight is astronomical! Incredible squats and those benches - both DB and BB are crazy!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice session man!u are really strong...like a ox!!argh....

pGhi

pGhi

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Flat BB Bench Press:
135 x 10 (warmup)
225 x 10 (warmup)
315 x 5 (warmup)
365 x 6 (much easier than last time = strength is coming back!)

Incline DB Press:
150's x 7 (Sick!!)
That really looks sick in your age :D
Damn I am weak next to you!Damn Goljat!