• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Guns Log!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Strong squats! 150kg for 5 is my PR, but only for 1 set.
Yeah, squatting often, adding deadlift, could be a problem for lower back recovery. Reduce the intensity for some workouts and problem solved:thumbsup2:

Thanks Rob :) You've got a great squat considering your body weight dude. Nice :2:

Yeh it's from squatting 3 times a week and deadlifting and now there getting heavier I can feel it. Also, Iv'e never gone over 140k without a belt on so it's a shock to my lumbar area I guess. Hopefully I'll be good next time. I'll do the 150 x 5 again but for 5 sets. I hope my neck gets better. I can only turn it 25 deg or so to the right :omgwtf:

Prince: Thanks mate :thumbsup2:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
150kg x5 is nothing to be ashamed of. Although watch your form if the back is taking a beating without a belt. The belt can actually exacerbate bad form and cause injury.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
150 for 5 in squats is awesome lance. sorry to hear about your lower back and neck. be careful bro, and get well:2:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Tim: Thanks for stopping by with the tips. I'll get someone to keep on eye on my form. I do sometimes have posterior pelvic tilt when i try and squat too much, i try to avoid this by stretching regular.

Bulky: Thanks mate, ye im happy with the weight but not happy how my lower back was. I would of got all 5 sets of 5.

I'm looking forward to next week because at uni i will be testing my 1rm in the squat. Hoping for 180 :D

X

Xiva

Banned
"I do sometimes have posterior pelvic tilt when i try and squat too much, i try to avoid this by stretching regular.
"

Pelvic tilt is bad, but alot of people do it, even the advanced lifters i know. Just foucs on it, keep the back and glutes tightened up, and squat :)

5x150, impressive bro!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
let us know how the squat test goes lance. cool to know what ur 1rm is:2:

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
strong squats Lance, too bad that your back was hurting. get some good rest and you'll be back even stronger:xyxthumbs:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
xiva: sorry i meant to say when i squat TOO deep that i have PPT, i know its bad and thats why i try to avoid it as much as i can. Like i said i need to work more on my flexibility and sticking my big buttocks out! :gaygay:

Bulky: ye man dont worry i will. It'll take place on thursday. My next session will be on tuesday to prepare for it :cool:

ironheart: thanks for the kind words mate. My backs feels ok and my neck is getting better. By tuesay it would have healed up, otherwise it's tough shit. bring on the iron! :headbang:

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Mine 1RM is 180kg, I think yours will be higher, since you can do 5 sets of 5 reps with 150kg while I do only one set balls to the wall!
Well, it doesn't matter much, go and do your best!:headbang:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Mine 1RM is 180kg, I think yours will be higher, since you can do 5 sets of 5 reps with 150kg while I do only one set balls to the wall!
Well, it doesn't matter much, go and do your best!:headbang:

Daym 180kg squat. You seriously have a huge strength to bodyweight dude :2: I'm hoping for the 180, anything past that and i will cum a shot load. Thanks for the encouragement :)

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Just let you guys know I got 210kg on squat. I failed on 220kg.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Bulky: Thanx bro, it was to paralell. I'm so surprised with my squatting today. I was aiming for 180k and i nailed that, did 2 reps easy! all that ATG squatting must have made a difference i suppose. I think on a better day I would have got 220.

John: Thanks very much :)

But hey get this, we did the 1rm to get a percentage load to work at on squat jumps. And iv'e gotta squat jump with 125kg on my back :49: doing that in 2 weeks time.

But anyway, i'll be updating my log starting from monday. stay tuned guys :gaysign:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^ Tomorrow my friend :spy:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Just let you guys know I got 210kg on squat. I failed on 220kg.

motherofgod-1.jpg

It's been a while since I've checked this log, and you're going crazy Lance!

Keep killin' it!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
:hay: hay tkD! nice to have u in my log, glad you checked in buddy. Thanks for the motivation!!!

p.s. bout time u get a log :gaygay: