• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Guns Log!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Amazing squat man!! 220 next time for sure!! film it!!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Thanks bro.

Tonight i did squats with 160k x 5 x 3 and then i did some bench (110k) for 3 sets and some pull-ups for a few sets.

Im going to be starting a new training plan. I dont think im going to do a specific program. im just going to periodize my training, not got round to doing it yet because it's a lengthy process and hadn't had the time. so for the next 1 or two my training is going to be whatever i want until iv decided exactly what to do :gaysign:

oh and i got my body fat measured today at uni and we did various methods. the first two i got like 15% and then an electrical one i got 26%! lol
theres no way im 26% but i know im more than 15%. im prolly like 20% max. i think im going to do a cut soon, i wanna get below 10%.

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The eletrical protocol is Bioimpedance, and it's not so accurate, cause many factors can cause variations on the results, like level of hidratation. Callipers are more confiable.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^ Thats the one. i couldnt remember the name. Yeh the lecturer said. i was like "wtf no way" and then i realised it's not as accurate. ive defi put a considerable amount of fat on and i hate it, need to lean down!!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice squatting and benchin man, what you plan on donig?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome squats mate!

cant wait to hear what kind of routine u decide to do. looks as if the fullbody sessions have done the job of upping ur strenght after the layoff though. but i guess squatting 3 times a week takes its toll on the CNS.

how about trying something totally new? doggcrap, advanced german volume training or an upper/ lower split.

from a personal standpoint id reccomend either 5/3/1(did u do this at some point?) or an upper/lower routine. i was on an upper/lower routine for months before 5/3/1 and although i burned out because of no deloading it did a great job with bringing up my lifts the first 2 months i utilized it.

anyways, keep us updated from time to time lance:2:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
awesome squats mate!

cant wait to hear what kind of routine u decide to do. looks as if the fullbody sessions have done the job of upping ur strenght after the layoff though. but i guess squatting 3 times a week takes its toll on the CNS.

how about trying something totally new? doggcrap, advanced german volume training or an upper/ lower split.

from a personal standpoint id reccomend either 5/3/1(did u do this at some point?) or an upper/lower routine. i was on an upper/lower routine for months before 5/3/1 and although i burned out because of no deloading it did a great job with bringing up my lifts the first 2 months i utilized it.

anyways, keep us updated from time to time lance:2:

Thanks for the advice my iron brother! :)

Yeh your right, the FB sessions really have helped bring my strength back up. My training was going pretty bad before this and my strength wasn't going anywhere. I put it down to that i was chronically overtrained from years of never changing programs/rep schemes/sets etc. So thats why i did it to help bring back my strength and it certainly has worked and oh ive also got out of doing only 1 set :49: But tbh i dont think it has took it out of my CNS. I think because ive been following a strength related program wherby i never went to failure and just used the routine to spice up my neurons etc rather than hypertrophy training whereby going to or close to failure, short rest periods etc. The only problem was my back (spine) was hurting me from squatting 3 times per week but i never wore a belt and ive decided i might throw it back in there now.

I was actually thinking about doing german volume training but havent really decicded same with the upper/lower too. And yes i did do 5/3/1 for about 3 months but i didnt really like it, i think i started wayyyy too light and i hated the deloads every 3 weeks. I think the deload is too frequent.

At the moment im thinking of just doing simple periodization wherby i follow hypertrophy phase training for say 6-8 weeks, then a 1 week of deload and then into a strength phase for say 4-6 weeks and 1 week deload. I need to read more about this though.

Thanks for your words of advice Joamkin :) I'll still be updating my training until i decide what im going to opt for.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Thanks for the advice my iron brother! :)

Yeh your right, the FB sessions really have helped bring my strength back up. My training was going pretty bad before this and my strength wasn't going anywhere. I put it down to that i was chronically overtrained from years of never changing programs/rep schemes/sets etc. So thats why i did it to help bring back my strength and it certainly has worked and oh ive also got out of doing only 1 set :49: But tbh i dont think it has took it out of my CNS. I think because ive been following a strength related program wherby i never went to failure and just used the routine to spice up my neurons etc rather than hypertrophy training whereby going to or close to failure, short rest periods etc. The only problem was my back (spine) was hurting me from squatting 3 times per week but i never wore a belt and ive decided i might throw it back in there now.

I was actually thinking about doing german volume training but havent really decicded same with the upper/lower too. And yes i did do 5/3/1 for about 3 months but i didnt really like it, i think i started wayyyy too light and i hated the deloads every 3 weeks. I think the deload is too frequent.

At the moment im thinking of just doing simple periodization wherby i follow hypertrophy phase training for say 6-8 weeks, then a 1 week of deload and then into a strength phase for say 4-6 weeks and 1 week deload. I need to read more about this though.

Thanks for your words of advice Joamkin :) I'll still be updating my training until i decide what im going to opt for.

Look up Block Periodization, it might suit you. Robertinho is doing it if you want to look at a log http://www.musclemecca.com/showthread.php?t=47934, as does Jeremy Frey http://asp.elitefts.com/qa/training-logs.asp?tid=147&__N=Jeremy Frey.

Also see here: http://www.elitefts.com/documents/block_periodization.htm

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Thanks for those freako, i'll check them out :)

I think im going to settle on a upper/lower routine. Right now because i'm very busy at uni, it'll be 3 days a week. As far as periodisation, i'm going to do my own with hypertrophy/strength phases.

Im going to use the rest of the week to test and calculate my 1rm's and maybe my 10 rep maxes for assistance exercises. I'll be updating these in the next few days.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Just remember that strict periodisation programs don't have a heap of wiggle room. So make sure that training is the focus or that the program has some flexibility.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Ok this is the routine i'm going to be following starting from tomorrow. It's an upper/lower split.

Lower day (Monday and Thursday)
Back squat 4 x 10
Deadlift 4 x 10
Lying leg curl 3 x 10
Standing calf raises 3 x 10
Abdominal crunch 3 x 20

Upper day (Tuesday and Friday)
Flat bench press 4 x 10
Bent-over row 3 x 10
Military press 4 x 10
Barbell curl 3 x 10
Barbell shrug 3 x 10
Lying triceps extension 3 x 10

-All above sets are working sets
-Rest between sets will be 1.5 minutes for the 4 main lifts (squat, deadlift, bench and mp), 60 seconds for other exercises except the crunch which will be 20 seconds.
-I'll be doing 30 minutes of cardio after every workout.

I can't wait to start this! Stay tuned :gaysign:

_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You can't go wrong with squat, bench, deads and military.
One day lighter than the other?

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
great to see this up again!

you'll see great gains by changing to more volume after so many workouts of HIT. guaranteed.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
routine looks great lance:2: cant wait to see some sessions:D awesome that ur doing cardio. are u dieting atm? and if so how much do u plan on cutting away?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Rob: Yeh man there awesome exercises! and no all days will be the same intensity :)

Natzo: I actually dropped HIT a couple of months back. I got into doing FB sessions with lots of 5x5 and it brought my strength back up to par. Now im going to follow more of a hypertrophy phase.

Bulkster: Thanks man, I dont think im going to seriously cut, im just going to see how it goes. im a little out of shape and would like to get to around 10% bf.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
What sort of loading are you going to use?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
What sort of loading are you going to use?

75% of 1RM for the 4 main lifts.

Ok todays session was hard. The short rest periods were so hard for me.

Lower body

Squats:
Rest periods 1.5 mins
140kg x 10
140kg x 10
140kg x 8
140kg x 8

-lower back was pumped like hell

Deadlifts: Rest periods 1.5 mins
140kg x 10
140kg x 10
140kg x 8
140kg x 7

-lower back 5x more pumped!

Lying leg curls: Rest periods 1 min
70lb x 10
70lb x 8
60lb x 8

St calf raises: Rest periods 30 seconds
255lb x 10
255lb x 10
255lb x 10

Crunches: Rest periods 20 seconds
bw x 20
bw x 20
bw x 20

-Ended with 30 mins cardio on bike.

Tomorrows session is upper body, looking forward to it.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice choice for routine! solid first session man! keep it up

pingu

pingu

Solid session ;)
If thats you in the avatar, you live up to youre name ;) Heh :)

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Prince: Thanks

pingu: :keke: thanks a lot man.