• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

David Turk Offseason updates.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
love your work david turk keep it up. dvd soon? :D

haha no DVD but Flex has suggested sum videos of my deads and waht not.......so maybe.......maybe not:icon_ninja:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great numbers turk:2: sounds like ur having a great offseason. cant wait to see pics:)

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great numbers turk:2: sounds like ur having a great offseason. cant wait to see pics:)

thanks bulk i really appreciate u stopping by to check it out!!! Idk about the offseason pics though man.........haha I know i'm notorious for not holding back on the offseason pics but i may just have to wait to put them up this time around!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
Great f'ing work Turk!

"T-bar rows: 9plts x 8" - :turborun:

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
don't worry my knee as of recent has actually been doing very well due to sum prep b4 leg day and I plan on trying to work on depth soon. The plan was to take a month off of back squats and then afterwards work on depth........but if my knee keeps feeling as it had i may wait!
My depth now isn't bad I know that it is a lot better than it was in the past becuz now my knee can actually take more depth whereas b4 I had to stop b4 my knee would pop so that i wouldnt' feel an immense amount of pain. :bitelip: Don't worry whenever I do my hack squats i go ATG becuz it just doesn't bother my knee the same

Work on your ROM using front squats first. Much easier to get right and not be rounding. A lot of people round trying to get depth rather than getting more mobile in the hips.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
haha no DVD but Flex has suggested sum videos of my deads and waht not.......so maybe.......maybe not:icon_ninja:

awesome bro, lets hope for maybe. get your rows up as well 405 is nasty.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Work on your ROM using front squats first. Much easier to get right and not be rounding. A lot of people round trying to get depth rather than getting more mobile in the hips.

thanks for the advice tim i appreciate that....i have actually been considering doing front squats becuz the hack squat machine at the gym i've been training at back home succcksss! so it's something i may highly look into! thanks again

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Natzo is oficially pumped for today's back workout.

Great to hear from you Turk! Massive lifts..insane!

VID ! VID ! VID ! VID! VID!

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

great lifts turk, have you noticed any key muscle you wanted to focus on growing yet.

were do you train at in pittsburgh?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's very odd that hack squats don't bother your knees! I always found them to be just murder (like, couldn't walk the next day).

even if you have to drop the poundage down to like 275 or something at first, give it a shot and just see how it feels! I would also make a conscious effort to work on your hamstring/hip (and even upper body) flexibility on off days... being more flexible will make you stronger as it allows a more efficient energy transfer during the stretch shortening cycle.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's very odd that hack squats don't bother your knees! I always found them to be just murder (like, couldn't walk the next day).

even if you have to drop the poundage down to like 275 or something at first, give it a shot and just see how it feels! I would also make a conscious effort to work on your hamstring/hip (and even upper body) flexibility on off days... being more flexible will make you stronger as it allows a more efficient energy transfer during the stretch shortening cycle.

Slippery Rock had 2 different hack machines and the 1 killed my knees, it was ur typical hack machine on an angle and the other one was more of horizontal hack machine and for sum reason it didn't bother my knees much at all and I would literally go parallel and below parallel on every single rep with a spotter telling me when to push! As far as squatting parallel, I want to give my knee a few more weeks just to make sure it feels good and then I'm going to give it a shot, i just want to make sure my knee continues to feel good b4 i try it becuz depth is usually what kills my bad knee, even if it's with a light weight

So what would u personally recommend me to do on my off days to work on my hamstring/hip/upperbody flexibility????

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great lifts turk, have you noticed any key muscle you wanted to focus on growing yet.

were do you train at in pittsburgh?

I train at a gym called Bodytech, awesome gym but the owners are crap, I'll have to make a post about the hassel them give me for "being loud and lifting heavy". it's ridiculous

Thanks brother i appreciate it! Ummmm idk if i've made muscle gains/I hope and assume that i have but I can without a doubt tell that I have overall put on more quality size. Not that I'm lean but at 230 sum lbs I can tell that I'm leaner at this weight than I ever was b4. I can still see sum detail in my legs (my quads and from the sides) whereas at this weight normally my legs don't have much shape to them etc....I think my chest is improving it seems to be getting bigger, the same w/ my shoulders. Idk about my back haha becuz i can't see it but I've been having sum of the best/most grueling back workouts ever, so i'm hoping so. Not the "kai greene" like improvements but I really think that I'm slowly adding sum quality muscle.

I would attribute this all to sticking to a more strict offseason plan, I literally have my meals planned out meal for meal as if it were a precontest diet. And don't get me wrong I'm not as strict as when I'm on a precontest diet but I really do stick to my plan for most of the time. I would also attribute it to my training thus far, my training plan that Flex has put together with the bodyparts twice a week after my contests and now doing more of a strength routine has really made a difference. Obviously me training balls to wall every training session doesn't hurt either :turborun:. Anyways all in all I feel this offseaon is going very well and my main goal when it's all over is to hopefully put on 10lbs of quality lean mass and be on stage around 205lbs (weighed in at Natural Pitt 196lbs)....Allllll NATURAL baby! :borat:

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Natzo is oficially pumped for today's back workout.

Great to hear from you Turk! Massive lifts..insane!

VID ! VID ! VID ! VID! VID!

hahaha I would like to eventually put a vid up but sumthing as far as my deadlifts.....I have literally just started doing deads from the floor without straps, which makes a hell of a difference. Last week was only my 2nd week of doing so and I did pull 495 x 6 which I was very very happy about but I think I can do better w/ more time.

Soooo maybbbee.........maybe not :icon_ninja:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
We need a training vid, preferably blu-ray disc.
I would pay 50$, keep it up man.

jsfitnessking

jsfitnessking

I train at a gym called Bodytech, awesome gym but the owners are crap, I'll have to make a post about the hassel them give me for "being loud and lifting heavy". it's ridiculous

Thanks brother i appreciate it! Ummmm idk if i've made muscle gains/I hope and assume that i have but I can without a doubt tell that I have overall put on more quality size. Not that I'm lean but at 230 sum lbs I can tell that I'm leaner at this weight than I ever was b4. I can still see sum detail in my legs (my quads and from the sides) whereas at this weight normally my legs don't have much shape to them etc....I think my chest is improving it seems to be getting bigger, the same w/ my shoulders. Idk about my back haha becuz i can't see it but I've been having sum of the best/most grueling back workouts ever, so i'm hoping so. Not the "kai greene" like improvements but I really think that I'm slowly adding sum quality muscle.

I would attribute this all to sticking to a more strict offseason plan, I literally have my meals planned out meal for meal as if it were a precontest diet. And don't get me wrong I'm not as strict as when I'm on a precontest diet but I really do stick to my plan for most of the time. I would also attribute it to my training thus far, my training plan that Flex has put together with the bodyparts twice a week after my contests and now doing more of a strength routine has really made a difference. Obviously me training balls to wall every training session doesn't hurt either :turborun:. Anyways all in all I feel this offseaon is going very well and my main goal when it's all over is to hopefully put on 10lbs of quality lean mass and be on stage around 205lbs (weighed in at Natural Pitt 196lbs)....Allllll NATURAL baby! :borat:

yea i hear ya about the too loud lifting crap, i used to run personal training at the bally total fitness in penn hills and got that shit all the time. but i usually train at webbs world of fitness in penn hills, its an awesome mix of hardcore and bodybuilding atmosphere. plus tons of champion bodybuilders of been built there. been recently doin basically the same as you, working on putting on quality muscle so i can make an impression on the judges next time out, since my last contest in may i took second.

looking forward to seeing you compete again, i saw ya at the natural pittsburgh, very impressive in person. good luck for whenever the next one is.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yea i hear ya about the too loud lifting crap, i used to run personal training at the bally total fitness in penn hills and got that shit all the time. but i usually train at webbs world of fitness in penn hills, its an awesome mix of hardcore and bodybuilding atmosphere. plus tons of champion bodybuilders of been built there. been recently doin basically the same as you, working on putting on quality muscle so i can make an impression on the judges next time out, since my last contest in may i took second.

looking forward to seeing you compete again, i saw ya at the natural pittsburgh, very impressive in person. good luck for whenever the next one is.

thanks man I appreciate that....I think i may have met u b4 at the Bally total fitness in Penn Hills....(my training partner)Derek's uncle Dave trains there and we have trained with him several times. We have even used the upstairs posing room with the little stage whenever we were getting prepared for our shows haha.

Thanks for the compliments brother, I really do appreciate it! Wish I could have met ya at the Natural Pittsburgh, thanks again!

BTW do u have any pics from ur last show that u competed in?? I remember u making a thread of sumething about it but I don't remember hearing about the results or seeing any pics from it. I'd actually really like to hear about it. If you do u should make a thread with teh pics and just talk about the show in general. Thanks again man and make that dam thread!

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
great numbers david :) you just keep getting stronger and stronger.. thats insane :)

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yeah, this offseason certainly has been a success thus far. Just wait until we up the calories. :turborun:

Right now it's unnecessary since he's doing max_ot.

Daniel Andersson

Daniel Andersson

Mecca Mod (not)
VIP
Yeah, this offseason certainly has been a success thus far. Just wait until we up the calories. :turborun:

Right now it's unnecessary since he's doing max_ot.

Whats the plans for Daves next competition?