• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

David Turk Offseason updates.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whats the plans for Daves next competition?

yeah i'm not really sure either but I'm actually planning on competing in 2011 (taking 2 years off of competing to make improvements).......thinking about mayb doing some other natural pro qualifiers such as for the OCB and other natural organizations......I'd like to eventually take a shot at the Team Universe even though I have heard that the testing policy is not very strict......

Anyways the main goal is to possibly hit sum other pro qualifiers in 2011 and also hit my first NGA pro show in hopes of taking the overall. Flex and I are planning on doing a longer diet (around 20 sum weeks) and in the process hitting hopefully 5 shows.....

I'm treating this offseason like a business with everyday being 1 more step towards one day becoming the best natural pro bodybuilder in the world.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yeah i'm not really sure either but I'm actually planning on competing in 2011 (taking 2 years off of competing to make improvements).......
Whoops. I guess I forgot it was 2009.

:rofl3:

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
David Turk: The unvelievable.

Please, call Mits!

L

legionarius

Since I don't have an active log I figured I'd just make a thread......... I'm going to give a bunch of my lifts as of recent, my strength has been progressing very well!

BB flat bench: 365 x 2-3
BB incline: 295 x 4
DB incline: 145's x 5

BB Rows: 405 x 4-5
BB DL (No straps and from the floor): 495 x 6
T-bar rows: 9plts x 8

BB Military: 265 x 3-4
DB Military: 130's x 2-3

BB squats: 565 x 4-5 (wide stance, decent depth 80% as i'm told)
Close stance leg press: 25plts x 5-6

Stiff-legged DL: 365 x 6 (standing on a box, slow reps down to the floor and slow back up focusing on hams rather than lower back)

BB close grip bench: 325 x 4
BB reverse grip bench: 315 x 4

Thats about good! haha

Anyways offseason is gonig very well right now my calories are right at 4,000 calories and my weight is up to around 230-232lbs after 1 food meal and pre-workout shake.

Very happy with my progress at this point, especially considering that I started my diet for my shows this year at 238lbs/4,800 calories if not more and I was eating my brains out and basically was maxed out on food.
So far this offseason I'm already around 230lbs/4,000 calories and I still physically have the capability to eat more when necessary.
:headbang::headbang:

you adopte dc training?

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
no it's not DC training......it's more of max-ot or really just a plain old strength routine with low reps!

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yesterday I crushed back and ended up hitting....
BB rows:
405 x 5-6

I have also set a new PB yesterday in the gym!!

Deadlifts (from floor/no straps): 545 x 1

I also got wild and tried 585 but failed on it......545 felt awesome it didn't just throw it up but I handled it during the entire lift and didn't question whether i'd get it or not. I'm hoping to hit either 565 next week or 585!

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Wow, buddy, that's a huge number.

Do you think you'll miss the atmosphere of the shows next year? I bet you'll do it...

Anyway, best of luck mate, I know we will hear some good news about you in the next few years!

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Yesterday I crushed back and ended up hitting....
BB rows:
405 x 5-6

I have also set a new PB yesterday in the gym!!

Deadlifts (from floor/no straps): 545 x 1

I also got wild and tried 585 but failed on it......545 felt awesome it didn't just throw it up but I handled it during the entire lift and didn't question whether i'd get it or not. I'm hoping to hit either 565 next week or 585!
:49:

Sorry, I find it funny that you attempted 585. That's one hardcore gentleman.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wanted to inform james that I hit sum parallel ATG squats tonight..... quick recap: leg day started out with my knee killing me so i figured i'd try to hit sum deep squats with light weight so i ended up hitting 2 sets of 315 ATG 8-12 reps.....365 ATG 6-8 reps and 405 3 reps ATG then did a 30-45 sec break after my 405 set and hit 315 for around 6 or so and then same thing with 225 x 10. Overall my knee felt very good and I honestly couldn't believe how good it felt doing ATG whenever it was killing me today!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wanted to inform james that I hit sum parallel ATG squats tonight..... quick recap: leg day started out with my knee killing me so i figured i'd try to hit sum deep squats with light weight so i ended up hitting 2 sets of 315 ATG 8-12 reps.....365 ATG 6-8 reps and 405 3 reps ATG then did a 30-45 sec break after my 405 set and hit 315 for around 6 or so and then same thing with 225 x 10. Overall my knee felt very good and I honestly couldn't believe how good it felt doing ATG whenever it was killing me today!
Rand Paul is running for Senate and David Turk hit ass to grass squats.

This may just be the best time of Ironslave's life.

:gaysign:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

glomp-1.gif

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What's up everyone.....haven't been around here much lately, checking in consistently just not posting. Joey has been tellling me for months to start recording and posting some of my training but I've just had a lot on my plate for a while now with school and other personal issues.
Everything has been going well with my training and my diet but I have just been really busy and had a lot on my mind.... Still, I am very happy with these reps, atm I am having a problem with my left lower back and my left soleus (which is killing me on the squats). I was going to go for another set but my soleus was unbelievably tight and I didn't want to risk a big injury.

Neways I hope everyone is doing well! And that all of you are training your tails off handling business. I hope that some of you like the vid and I may try to get some more! :borat: :turborun:

BTW I weighed myself afer training with a zip up hoodie/shoes on and I was 238lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Very impressive turk, u lookin big! good to hear that you are doing well! keep up the hard work buddy!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Great to see a vid of your training!

The squat was impressive! Good depth bro!

me wants deads and bench now..

good luck in your offseason your looking big!

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I LOVE IT!! Awesome job Dave, very proud of you with this, that was a great squat. How's your knee feeling?? No doubt your legs are going to get as freaky as the rest of you with those kind of squats with that weight.

Now all you need to do is one more set, strip the weight down to around 275-300, and bang out 20 reps ATG :2: