• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Duality; precontest 09

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Its cacti. :rolleyes:

Duality, you look pretty damn good for doing all your prep yourself. No one can deny you of that. The important thing is what you've learned from this experience.

thank you very much. and i really did again, learn a lot on what i will change next time in my diet by doing it all by myself. if the time comes where i really do need a dietician (i will be a national level competitor if i seek a dietician) then so be it. but i absolutely know i can succeed at this level without one and in the process learn my body and what it responds to better.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last comment I'll ever make.... if you do it again by yourself without any guidance, you didn't learn anything at all. Learning that going no carbs until pre judging is like learning what color Napoleaon's white horse was, should be common sense.

You don't need to churn out money for a dietician, but there are plenty of guys here who could help. Watch how ripped JB is going to come in for his competition in like 6 weeks.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last comment I'll ever make.... if you do it again by yourself without any guidance, you didn't learn anything at all. Learning that going no carbs until pre judging is like learning what color Napoleaon's white horse was, should be common sense.

You don't need to churn out money for a dietician, but there are plenty of guys here who could help. Watch how ripped JB is going to come in for his competition in like 6 weeks.

you're all or nothing mentality towards this is simply wrong. what did i say at the end of the last statement? i learned a lot and what i can do better. how many freaking times have i said in this thread that in retrospect i should have upped my carbs? because i think i've said it about 3 times now. and next time, i will come in even leaner, 4% down from the 5% i was onstage. don't believe me? why doesn't someone make a MUSCLE KOMBAT with my pictures from last year and from this year, and watch all of you realize the steps i've taken since then. but you won't, because gosh darn it, Duality came in in good shape at over 200lbs doing it his way and placed quite well due to it, but he was still wrong!!!1!

i don't need a babysitter. i ask questions when i need answers. and i WILL succeed at this level doing my own diet. when the time comes to take it even further, then that's just what i'll have to do then :) if i have a nutrient question for one of you, i wouldn't hesitate to ask.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 things...

1.) I wuld love to see a musclekombat with ur pics from last year and this years.

2.) U shuld b very proud of ur improvements/progress u have made becuz u really have made sum great progressions! But even though your conditioning is better than last years I would not look at this year's show as an improvement/accomplishment. You as well as everyone else knows that you could have came in much better but chose to focus on a weight class. You should use the criticism to fuel your next show to come in unbelievably conditioned!

Congrats again brother! and get that MuscleKombat in action :turborun:

Line

Line

Chaos reigns.
VIP
you guys are just like cops. no matter how wrong your partner is, you still back him up.

and fyi, that's one of the reasons people dislike cops
I don't see why this is relevant because he wasn't wrong.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
you're all or nothing mentality towards this is simply wrong. what did i say at the end of the last statement? i learned a lot and what i can do better. how many freaking times have i said in this thread that in retrospect i should have upped my carbs? because i think i've said it about 3 times now.

You have, but once again, realizing that you should have a few days of carbing up before a show is like realizing what color Napoleons white horse is, it should be obvious. What is your plan for next year, eating a random sandwich 1 day before instead of 2? You didn't have a game plan at all, you just winged it.

and next time, i will come in even leaner, 4% down from the 5% i was onstage. don't believe me?

You weren't 5%, I'd say 8%. Claliper 5% = true 8%

why doesn't someone make a MUSCLE KOMBAT with my pictures from last year and from this year, and watch all of you realize the steps i've taken since then. but you won't, because gosh darn it, Duality came in in good shape at over 200lbs doing it his way and placed quite well due to it, but he was still wrong!!!1!

You did make improvements, nobody is doubting this. You are right, you look good, you didn't look as great as you could have because you're too pig headed to listen.

This is not to "razz" on you, I'm just hoping you'll finally realize that your biggest hindrance to your progress in the sport right now if yourself. Nobody wins shows without being in great shape.

I'd love to see your contest pics, again I have no doubt you did improve, but they'd be cool to see.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
You have, but once again, realizing that you should have a few days of carbing up before a show is like realizing what color Napoleons white horse is, it should be obvious. What is your plan for next year, eating a random sandwich 1 day before instead of 2? You didn't have a game plan at all, you just winged it.

You weren't 5%, I'd say 8%. Claliper 5% = true 8%

You did make improvements, nobody is doubting this. You are right, you look good, you didn't look as great as you could have because you're too pig headed to listen.

This is not to "razz" on you, I'm just hoping you'll finally realize that your biggest hindrance to your progress in the sport right now if yourself. Nobody wins shows without being in great shape.

I'd love to see your contest pics, again I have no doubt you did improve, but they'd be cool to see.

i stopped reading your post after you said i was 8% bf......:49:

this is why i don't value your assesment of my condition. YOU DON'T SEE ME IN REAL LIFE. even off these pics of me right before the show it is VERY apparent my bf is in the 5% range. but you are too pig headed to give me any credit. i was calipered and looked at by other competitors, and the feedback was good. i hate to say this, but it's the cold hard truth, them > you

i still lol @ you for my game plan working, coming in at the bottom of the heavies in good shape in an effort to place well, and place well i did in a far more competitve lineup than i was expecting, AND you still think YOU were right.

i am immensely proud of the trophy sitting on my mantle right now, and greatly look forward to adding to it. but you think what you want. i'm not responding to any more of you little dark clouds who still manage to make this thread negative despite this awesome experience. quite honestly pain's post meant more to me than anything else, and it really resonated with me. i appreciate everyone in this thread who helped keep me going. it's nice to have some people in your corner, so thank you.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Tech

Tech

Ron Paul FTW
VIP
very sexy.

I don't know what place you got in your contest, but you'll always be #1 in my heart.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^ :49:

i was the lightest and youngest entrant of 11 competitors in the heavy class and placed 4th to a 37, 47, and 42 year old

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
2 things...

1.) I wuld love to see a musclekombat with ur pics from last year and this years.

2.) U shuld b very proud of ur improvements/progress u have made becuz u really have made sum great progressions! But even though your conditioning is better than last years I would not look at this year's show as an improvement/accomplishment. You as well as everyone else knows that you could have came in much better but chose to focus on a weight class. You should use the criticism to fuel your next show to come in unbelievably conditioned!

Congrats again brother! and get that MuscleKombat in action :turborun:

thanks turk! i hope to come in the condition you mention as a heavyweight in my next show. seeing as how i will be bigger i see this as attainable. and i positively am fueled to come in better condition and in turn, hopefully place even better :thumbsup2:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i stopped reading your post after you said i was 8% bf......:49:

this is why i don't value your assesment of my condition. YOU DON'T SEE ME IN REAL LIFE. even off these pics of me right before the show it is VERY apparent my bf is in the 5% range. but you are too pig headed to give me any credit. i was calipered and looked at by other competitors, and the feedback was good. i hate to say this, but it's the cold hard truth, them > you

i still lol @ you for my game plan working, coming in at the bottom of the heavies in good shape in an effort to place well, and place well i did in a far more competitve lineup than i was expecting, AND you still think YOU were right.

i am immensely proud of the trophy sitting on my mantle right now, and greatly look forward to adding to it. but you think what you want. i'm not responding to any more of you little dark clouds who still manage to make this thread negative despite this awesome experience. quite honestly pain's post meant more to me than anything else, and it really resonated with me. i appreciate everyone in this thread who helped keep me going. it's nice to have some people in your corner, so thank you.

Jason2009AZopen4171-1.jpg

This is what, a few days out? You can see you still have fat to lose on your stomach, thus, you aren't 5%, I stand by my 8% figure, and this is coming from having seen DXEA scans performed many times, and personally administered underwater body fat testing in exercise physiology labs, both methods are far more accurate.

Why on earth would I not want to give you credit? I'm not hating on you for any reason. It's probably fair to say that some people/mods don't like you, while I just don't like when you make excuses and conceited/wrong statements.

If you listened to me, you would have came in better, there is no doubt in my mind. Anyway, I would like to see your contest pics.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Jason2009AZopen4171-1.jpg

This is what, a few days out? You can see you still have fat to lose on your stomach, thus, you aren't 5%, I stand by my 8% figure, and this is coming from having seen DXEA scans performed many times, and personally administered underwater body fat testing in exercise physiology labs, both methods are far more accurate.

Why on earth would I not want to give you credit? I'm not hating on you for any reason. It's probably fair to say that some people/mods don't like you, while I just don't like when you make excuses and conceited/wrong statements.

If you listened to me, you would have came in better, there is no doubt in my mind. Anyway, I would like to see your contest pics.

why on earth would you not want to give me credit? i don't know dude, but not once have you congradulated me on my game plan panning out (which it did) and the fact that i came in conditioned at over 200lbs, something you said i would have to suck down to 190 to do. anyways.....

Jason2009AZopen4531-1.jpg

203lbs

and i stand by my 5% figure. don't tell me i don't look conditioned properly for for this level of show. my legs have vascularity present, and my abs have them running up the side. and i look pretty hard. sure, i could be a bit sharper, but that will just be in one ear and out the other for you.

how about this, YOU bust your ass and diet for 12 long weeks after having completed an offseason in which you again, busted your ass. and YOU enter a show, and come home with nothing to show for it. it's so easy to tell people what to do when you don't have to subject yourself to it.

EDIT: dammit, i did what i said i was going to stop doing which is continuing meaningless banter like this. anyways, this is my last time addressing this. i'm very happy with how the show went and am incredibly motivated to come back better and better.

/justification

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
why on earth would you not want to give me credit? i don't know dude, but not once have you congradulated me on my game plan panning out (which it did) and the fact that i came in conditioned at over 200lbs, something you said i would have to suck down to 190 to do. anyways.....

I thought your game plan was to win the show or at least place top 2? That's why you wanted to enter that weight class in the first place because of people not showing in top notch conditioning. Might not remember correctly on this though.
It sounds like your are way too focused on your weight rather than your conditioning. I think if you had been around 190-192lbs you would have been in really awesome conditioning. :)

and i stand by my 5% figure. don't tell me i don't look conditioned properly for a show. my legs have vascularity present, and my abs have them running up the side. and i look pretty hard. i wonder what it's like to see through your eyes and see if you see the same picture i'm seeing.

Being vascular doesn't really have much to say condition wise. I know that from my self and it can make you look like your better shape than you actually are. For example I can be at 12% BF and still have visible veins on my quads, and at my last competition my conditioning was far from spot on but I had visible veins on most of my front.

As far as the 5% bf goes non of your pictures look like you where this low. I would also say you look around 8% bf.
If you truly believe you where at 5% bf then what about the top 3 in your line up you said showed up with awesome condition? what would you think their bf% was?

I'm trying to take anything away from you, just being logical about this.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Dude, you were not a 5% bodyfat...I'm not hating or whatever, but all you gotta do is to find a picture of a bodybuilder who actually is at 5% and compare your pictures to that; the difference should be pretty evident.

Here's a guy I regularly train with;

spa0412-1.jpg

spa0411-1.jpg

spa0415-1.jpg

Don't concentrate on his size (he's natural), but the BF. He is definitely at a lower bodyfat% than you, and he still isn't at 5%, more like just around 6 - and he is considerably more shredded than you.

Seriously - do you know how shredded you are at 5% ?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I think if you had been around 190-192lbs you would have been in really awesome conditioning. :)

Exactly, your conditioning was decent, not great.

If you truly believe you where at 5% bf then what about the top 3 in your line up you said showed up with awesome condition? what would you think their bf% was?

great point.

I agree 100% with Essensen too, great post.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Who the fuck trains on Clavin Klein's??? :D:D:D

EDIT: how much does your buddy weights on that pics?