• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Duality; precontest 09

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Who the fuck trains on Clavin Klein's??? :D:D:D

EDIT: how much does your buddy weights on that pics?

Why are you checking out his underwear in the first place?

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ because I'm just a little bit.... Robcardu.

Anyway, my main concern is his bodyweight and height, not his underwear, I was only joking.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ because I'm just a little bit.... Robcardu.

Anyway, my main concern is his bodyweight and height, not his underwear, I was only joking.

I know you were :)

If I'm not mistaken he weighs around 70kg and is 173cm tall.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality, what body fat % is Andreas Munzer here? -6% ?? :umwtf:

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know you were :)

If I'm not mistaken he weighs around 70kg and is 173cm tall.

I'm 10 kg heavier than him at the same height.... shit, I need to drop 10 kg of BF! :umwtf: :D:D

Munzer:

I think me might be 3 or 4% in that pic with NO water.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont know why ANYBODY ever gets caught up in numbers on body fat. Seriously. I've seen guys who are 2-3 % lower body fat than I am and I will still look leaner. Body building has no point criteria based on body fat estimates. Use those numbers (I personally just go my the mm pinches) as a rate of progress but by no means should be a absolute figure, ever. Until you can scrape the fat off of a corpse, there is no need to argue. I have seen gymnasts get numbers below zero using hydrostatic weighing, which still remains the top 1-2 methods in terms of accuracy. Use body fat numbers as a means of progress and the rest of the argument should be purely visual. After all thats all bodybuilding is.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I dont know why ANYBODY ever gets caught up in numbers on body fat. Seriously. I've seen guys who are 2-3 % lower body fat than I am and I will still look leaner. Body building has no point criteria based on body fat estimates. Use those numbers (I personally just go my the mm pinches) as a rate of progress but by no means should be a absolute figure, ever. Until you can scrape the fat off of a corpse, there is no need to argue. I have seen gymnasts get numbers below zero using hydrostatic weighing, which still remains the top 1-2 methods in terms of accuracy. Use body fat numbers as a means of progress and the rest of the argument should be purely visual. After all thats all bodybuilding is.

great post creator i agree completely. i'm not grabbing my numbers out of thin air or just guessing, i was calipered 3 times and each time came back the same result. but like you said, it means nothing onstage, all that matters is what you look like. anyways nice post man and again i agree that it's a good means of really only measuring progression.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

If they get numbers below zero, then the machine wasn't calibrated properly, it's as simple as that.

Going by pinches is fine if you use it as a measure of progression, as you did say, but the goal of bodybuilding is to be as lean as possible, and not reach a certain percentage to be fixated on, I agree. But if Duality thinks he was 5% body fat with visible fat still to lose on his abs, I'd be curious what percent he thinks 1) the guy that Essensen posted is and 2) what Munzer is?

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

I agree - I was just pointing out that if Duality think he was at 5% bodyfat he was wrong. I'm not really big on numbers either, but I hate when people throw a number out that so obviously is wrong. There's seriously a lot of gym-people who has absolutely no idea of; 1) what it takes to be at 5-6% BF, 2) how you look like when you are at 5-6% BF - because I hear and see a whole lot of people throwing those numbers up when they are asked about their BF.

Mvsf1>> He's 173cm and about 71-72kg right now.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree - I was just pointing out that if Duality think he was at 5% bodyfat he was wrong. I'm not really big on numbers either, but I hate when people throw a number out that so obviously is wrong. There's seriously a lot of gym-people who has absolutely no idea of; 1) what it takes to be at 5-6% BF, 2) how you look like when you are at 5-6% BF - because I hear and see a whole lot of people throwing those numbers up when they are asked about their BF.

Mvsf1>> He's 173cm and about 71-72kg right now.

I found this paper that was done on a professional BBing comp (amateurs included, but check the SD, the amateurs weren't that different). They measured everything about the competitors and came back with some interesting stats. The bodyfat on them was a lot higher than you would expect.

Body composition, somatotype and proporcionality of elite bodybuilders in Brazil*

Paulo Rodrigo Pedroso da SilvaI; Rafael de Souza TrindadeII; Eduardo Henrique De RoseIII

ABSTRACT

Bodybuilding is a sport that mainly emphasizes physical appearance, body configuration and shape, trying to achieve aesthetics perfection. Kinanthropometry is a fundamental tool to lead training follow-up in bodybuilding. In spite of that, there are few scientific papers on the subject. The purpose of this paper is to describe body composition, somatotype and proportionality of 23 bodybuilders in the 2000 Brazilian Bodybuilding Championship. The subjects were evaluated moments before the competition according to the following specific variables: total weight, stature, nine skinfolds (tricipital, subscapular, bicipital, chest, medium axillary, suprailiac, abdominal, front thigh, medium calf), muscle girths (flexed biceps and calf-standing), and three bone breadths (elbow, ankle and knee), in accordance with ISAK methodology. The athletes were between 20 and 56 years old, with body weight between 57.4 kg and 105.8 kg. The sum of the nine skinfolds varied between 38.4 mm and 70.2 mm. The somatotype was 1.8-8.1-0.7, which can be classified as a balanced mesomorphic one. The average of body fat was 9.65%, using the Faulkner protocol, proposed by the Brazilian Group of Kinanthropometry. Fat weight was 7.29 kg. When compared to Phantom, the athletes showed higher body weight (Z = + 1.66), elbow girth (Z = + 5.26), and calf girth (Z = + 1.91). This group of Brazilian elite bodybuilders showed lower body fat percentage and bigger muscular weight when compared to the Ross and Wilson model (1974), with their body structure similar to the elite international bodybuilders.

Key words: Bodybuilding. Body composition. Kineanthropometry. Somatotyping. Proportionality. Z index. Faulkner. Phantom.

Some of the discussion about the bodyfat levels.

Brazilian bodybuilders presented, in average, a low proportion of fat (mean = 9.65%; SD = 0.51) (table 2). Results similar to these were found in another study with Brazilian bodybuilders8, whose mean proportion of fat was of 6.9%. Other authors, in investigations with bodybuilders of different parts of the world, found similar results, ranging from 6.8% to 9.9%6,9,10,11,16. However, the biggest difficulty for comparing results of different authors is the doubly indirect form of calculating fat proportion. Another way to estimate fat is from its weight; in our study mean fat weight was of 7.29 kg. In other studies with foreign bodybuilders, mean ranged from 3.4 to 7.9 kg1,2,6.

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If they get numbers below zero, then the machine wasn't calibrated properly, it's as simple as that.

Going by pinches is fine if you use it as a measure of progression, as you did say, but the goal of bodybuilding is to be as lean as possible, and not reach a certain percentage to be fixated on, I agree. But if Duality thinks he was 5% body fat with visible fat still to lose on his abs, I'd be curious what percent he thinks 1) the guy that Essensen posted is and 2) what Munzer is?

Or it could mean that it is not 100% accurate. It was done in a very prestigious physiology lab. My point that I am making is that there is no point to argue in either case, for or against Duality because you will never get an exact measurement thus making an argument somewhat useless.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Or it could mean that it is not 100% accurate. It was done in a very prestigious physiology lab. My point that I am making is that there is no point to argue in either case, for or against Duality because you will never get an exact measurement thus making an argument somewhat useless.

If it came up as negative body fat, then the machine isn't calibrated, or the instructor didn't know how to properly use it. It's impossible otherwise.

Any argument with Duality is useless, he has his eternal beer goggles on when he looks at himself.

Robcardu

Robcardu

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Last edited by a moderator:
Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If it came up as negative body fat, then the machine isn't calibrated, or the instructor didn't know how to properly use it. It's impossible otherwise.

Any argument with Duality is useless, he has his eternal beer goggles on when he looks at himself.

:49:

you're starting to become pathetic james. several competitors at my gym, LEGIT competitors (one placed 4th at the 04 jr, nationals) thought my approach was a good idea and that i came in in acceptable shape and placed well do to my structure and comparably better conditioning than the other heavyweights. and after seeing how insane the light heavies were, i am very pleased with my decision. in my next show i'll have to take it to another level as a heavyweight. meaning, coming in in fantastic shape as a heavy, which i will do.

MY APPROACH WORKED. GET THIS THROUGH YOUR HEAD. COME TO TERMS WITH IT, AND DEAL WITH IT, AND STOP ANNOYING ME. kthanx.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm amazed at the longevity of this thread!

C

crossfirebmf

Duality you did great and realize that most of people saying stupid shit have never even posted pics (or if they did they weren't legitimate full body mandatory poses) let alone done a competition. Don't let it get to you. Now move forward and continue to progress and learn by trial and error because no one's body reacts the same. Best of luck.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality you did great and realize that most of people saying stupid shit have never even posted pics (or if they did they weren't legitimate full body mandatory poses) let alone done a competition. Don't let it get to you. Now move forward and continue to progress and learn by trial and error because no one's body reacts the same. Best of luck.

thank you very much. i'm very happy with my placing but not at all satisfied. i want more. the only place to go is up! a lot of friends and family want to come to my next show and that's even more motivation to look even better. i seriously cannot wait to do another show.