• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Creator's Pre-Contest thread

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^thanks skeptic!

Tim: As far as the carb up goes, I have done similar things for shows in the past and while I didnt ever nail it right on, that seems to be what would work for me. I think with my sensitivity to insulin that I should build up, a two day moderate load should work good. Any suggestions?
I can't claim to have experience or much knowledge in contest prep. But yes I think moderate loading should work.

I also had a quick search for diuretic info and couldn't find anything useful to competition. The only article related to BBing/drying out was a case study of a guy who almost died. The only real studies on leaning out, carb and water depletion are for weight grade athletes like wrestlers and weightlifters. There was a good book I read aimed at wrestlers/weightlifters making weight grades (Grapplers

Last edited by a moderator:
The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Unless you've used a glucometer before, you can't nail your insulin sensitivity on the head. Being that you're lean, it's a given your receptors and sensitivity are high.

Polygraph never works. My charts were off because I was kid and nervous, I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

Carb up by ear

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Wanna know an IFBB secret of Dexter Jackson's to get dry that last day?

Just do some coke in the back! Also if you won't to dance like Kai Green you'll need some X....

I thought this was funny, know one else said anything so i thought I would to make you feel better.

Creator: Like KM said before be careful with the pizza s well as any candy. The night before I looked much better than the day before. I ate a shitload of candy as well as a few sweet potatoes and got waaay to full. Just play it by ear, I know you want an excuse to eat that pizza as soon as possible but if you think you are looking good just stay away from that ass well as anything else.

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Ass err..glute shot looks fine.Good luck to you bro.Any last minute pics coming before you compete?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wanted to post up some pics today after the workout but I have no training partner. Speaking of which, it does suck getting ready for a show without somebody to train with. Anywho, I will try to get some up today or tomorrow but I will for sure have a few vids to post up from the show. My dad does proffesional video editing and he will bring a very high quality video camera to film the whole show and I will have plenty of pics to post up as well! Right now I feel very flat and cranky as a mofo

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I wanted to post up some pics today after the workout but I have no training partner. Speaking of which, it does suck getting ready for a show without somebody to train with. Anywho, I will try to get some up today or tomorrow but I will for sure have a few vids to post up from the show. My dad does proffesional video editing and he will bring a very high quality video camera to film the whole show and I will have plenty of pics to post up as well! Right now I feel very flat and cranky as a mofo

You feel cranky? Great! That's what it's all about. Just keep strong bro and try not to interract with anyone...because you might rip their faces off :bowroflarms:. I did my entire prep by myself so I know how you feel, hopefully your dad can get you mentally ready and stable. Because once you hit that pump room it's game time and you'll have haters.

I have another thing you should look up on:

If you have any carbs during your depletion, make sure it's ones with a high content of fiber. Dropping the fiber, and quickly adding it to your dietry causes you so get that gassy feeling where you can't move.

This usually happens in between pre judging and the evening show :( so just a thought if you're prone to that.

Hope this helps ya out bro :xyxthumbs:

G

Griffstrong

^Mr. Creator we do live in the same place and you do have my phone number.....if you cant find a training partner brother dont hesitate!!!!

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks KM, I think it is about time to include a fiber supplement!

Yeah I should hit you up griff. I didnt get a ticket to the game today so I think I am going to lift around 3:30. If you arent going to the game let me know and we will punish some iron carbo depleto style!

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks KM, I think it is about time to include a fiber supplement!

Benefiber.bmp

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
midsection 6 days out...

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Freaking awesome Mike. The midsection looks very sharp and it appears you have your entire plan set. How close are the glutes to your goal?

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Thanks man that means a lot! Its kinda weird with the glutes. My right one is completely separated from my hamstring from the back. It wont have striations but it will be separated and that is good. But my left glute is much less defined as my right and so is that hamstring. One of those things that you dont ever notice until you cut, but it looks like I will have some muscle activation exercises to do isolating my left glute this next off season!

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's weird. Hopefully it won't be noticeable on stage- I doubt anyone will notice by the time you get a bit sharper/carb up, add tan, and, if necessary, tweak the back poses a tiny bit. So yeah, not a big deal.

New posing shots tomorrow?

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That midesection is money.

Probably from when you started to practice your posing, you may not have noticed it, but every time you practiced your posterior poses you lent on your one hamstring. That's the only reasoning I could see.

6days left. 6 BIG days bro! Stay strong.

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
looking great bro, best of luck mate! go hard at it :tiphat:

The Creator

The Creator

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^thanks guys! It is getting very hard. I am not sure if it is the low body fat or lack of calories or what but I have been getting very light headed and dizzy lately and that is no fun! I took in about 75 grams of carbs today and I am shooting for 30-50 tomorrow but it is going to be very hard!

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
keep pushing yourself bro, the first finish line is just ahead of you!
:tiphat: