• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Real All Natural Monster: Precontest Log

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dam chest

(chest day sucked.....i swear idk wtf is wrong w/ me......yesterday on leg day its my hip now today on chest day it's my left chest/shoulder again........idk wtf to do)

Bench Press
225 x 14 (left chest/shoulder hurt liek a mutha)
275 x 6 (stopped becuz pain was too bad)
Since my dam chest is hurting again, i had to try and do sumthing so the chest press machine doesn't hurt it at all)

Machine Chest Press
285 x 12 (whole rack)
285 x 12

Incline Bench
225 x 10
235 x 6-9
245 x 6-8

Incline DB Bench
105 x 7-8
105 x 6-8
105 x 5-

Machine Chest Press
285 x 15 (whole rack)
285 x 12
285 x 12

Pec Deck
220 x 11 (whole rack)
220 x 10
220 x 12

Chest work sucked just tried to make the best out of it.......:ihavesandinmyvagina:angrydude:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sucks about ur shoulder man, u still put up some great numbers and really did ur best with the situation.

i have had problems with mine before. what i recommend u do is massage it before and after every workout, also remember to do lots of rotator cuff warmups before u start hitting the weights, and dont forget stretching.

if it doesent get better u should c a doctor about it...

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
sucks about ur shoulder man, u still put up some great numbers and really did ur best with the situation.

i have had problems with mine before. what i recommend u do is massage it before and after every workout, also remember to do lots of rotator cuff warmups before u start hitting the weights, and dont forget stretching.

if it doesent get better u should c a doctor about it...

thanks man, yeah i actually did rotator cuff warmups and i stretched.....i guess i didn't do it long enough b4 this workout........i normally do a lot more than i did today but i felt fine until i started benching.....o well i'm just hoping i'll be ready next week thanks again bulkboy :2:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats some heavy weights ur pressing there man, sucks about your shoulder/chest was hurting was it just sore or you hurt it awhile ago?

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thats some heavy weights ur pressing there man, sucks about your shoulder/chest was hurting was it just sore or you hurt it awhile ago?

thanks for stopping by the log brother....i hurt it a couple months ago, but it was the kind of injury where i didn't even know that i did it until the next chest day when it hurt on flat bench.......

BigBen

BigBen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
dang bro! Still a good session! Get control over these pains and injuries u can do this no doubt! Be an intellegent lifter as well as a strong one. U got this man!

God Bless
Ben

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Definitely seek a professional opinion on this, Turkish. Pain like that could be the beginning of a tear; most of us don't find out until something gives. Excellent work despite it, but I hope you'll get it checked al the same.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for the support and advice Big Eric and Big Ben......i have a whole week until next chest day so i'm gonna let it rest up, stretch it real good all during the week and hit the chiropractor and get sum kind of therapy on it :xyxthumbs:

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I've really been considering a new training routine (i'm actually meeting w/ a buddy/trainer tom. to see what he thinks).......i've been doing my current training routine for around 3 months and think mayb it's time to try something different........i was thinking about training my legs, back, shoulders and chest twice a week (i feel that my arms are well developed, and once a week should suit them fine)......i am willing to hit the gym twice a day, but if i don't have to i'd rather not......i want 2 seperate workouts for each muscle in a week as well................I know it seems very confusing, but If ne 1 can 1st tell me what you think about it and/or gimme sum help i'd greatly greatly appreciate it, thanx

TJ

TJ

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
If you've been hitting it hard for the past several months it is probably time to give your body a rest. With all the aches and pains it may be wise to only do one or two exercises per body part for 2-3 weeks. You won't be completely shutting down but you will be giving your body a much needed break.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
R

Rageking

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
new routine sounds good, try to take week off then switch, i think that should be good to rest up and get ready for switch. maybe dont stretch either if it is a small tear that could make it worse.

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I agree with Wolf.

Maybe you should switch to an upper body/lower body routine until the end of the summer. I think you're getting worn out from the high volume which is why I lowered mine as soon as I got home from school. Go easy on each bodypart (1 or 2 exercises) and stick to incline motions rather than flat bench.

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Still immense weight you're lifting in spite of your injuries and pain. I agree with the others and hope you do lighten up a little to give yourself a chance to recover, although if youre anything like me it's tough to drop back! :)
Take care buddy.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hey ppl.....i haven't posted my log in a couple days....i drove 4 hours to meet w/ my old trainer and i stayed with him/trained w/ him a couple of days.....i didn't write down my training but i'm going to start back up on monday after a couple days off......

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
thanks for all the support from everyone

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^sounds awesome man:) have u decided for a new training split?

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^sounds awesome man:) have u decided for a new training split?

thanks brother.......yes sir i've figured out a new training split i'm gonna give it a try for mayb 4-6 weeks.....here it is:

Monday: Heavy Leg Day (Max-OT style) (1st time ever trying max-ot hope it works.....)
Tuesday: Chest and Back-> thickness (Max-OT style)
Wednesday: Shoulders and Arms (Max-OT style)
Thursday: Legs (focusing more on lower movements and outer sweep)
Friday: Chest and Back -->(width)
Saturday: Shoulders and Arms
Sunday: Off

I'm excited for this new routine, that's why i figured to give myself a few days off to let my body have a rest.....my trainer didn't really think hitting each muscle twice a week was necessary, especially w/ Max-OT but i want to give it a try for 4-6 weeks.........:e5dunno:

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
gimme sum insight on how everyone feels about my new training split, thanks

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the split looks good man, but arent u worried ur doing a little to much? i mean ur a natty and ur gonna do max ot with everything twice a week? i would just try once a week first but give it a try and if u feel ur overtraining just get back into a new one:D

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
the split looks good man, but arent u worried ur doing a little to much? i mean ur a natty and ur gonna do max ot with everything twice a week? i would just try once a week first but give it a try and if u feel ur overtraining just get back into a new one:D

well i'm actually only doing max-ot once a week for each muscle and the second time i train the muscle that week i'm doing completley different exercises w/ 7-12 reps but obviously i still need to make sure i'm not overtraining, i'll keep you updated brother :xyxthumbs: