• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

The Real All Natural Monster: Precontest Log

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good luck with your show Turk. I'm sure you won't be lacking in the thickness department.

thanks wolf, appreciate you stopping by and thanks for the compliment :tiphat:

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Shame that you're not posting. Miss your ridiculous poundage in here!
Glad all is well though and looking forward to progress pics!

sorry for letting u down rocko...i'll defiantly get back into posting my training sessions, right now i've just been really busy since it's getting close to the end of the semester :2:....u stay beautiful :keke:

onebigeric

onebigeric

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I feel ya Turk; when the time crunches in, my log tends to take a back seat as well. Hope all is well for you though, and I look forward to seeing more of your monstrous poundages:)

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
small update: still haven't got ne progress pics taken which i'm a little upset about, i really wanted to keep the pics updated so i could see my progressions bi-weekly...just have to get my hands on a camera....ne ways training and dieting are going well....for now i've just been doing slow cardio on the bike or elliptical becuz my left knee has just been killing me, i have no clue why....but hopefully soon i would like to do HIIT cardio on my off days (Sunday and Wednesday) and then about 2 or 3 days besides that do sum slow cardio after my training sesssions.....

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if i could get sum specific help setting up my cardio days it would b greatly appreciated......i'd like to incorporate HIIT cardio and slow cardio

here goes my week:
Sunday: Off
Monday: legs
Tues: Chest
WEd.: off
Thurs: back
Friday: shoulders
Saturday: arms

if sumone could specifically help me w/ this cardio stuff :tiphat: (i've never done cardio b4 this diet) :uhoh2:

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
if i could get sum specific help setting up my cardio days it would b greatly appreciated......i'd like to incorporate HIIT cardio and slow cardio

here goes my week:
Sunday: Off (HIIT for 5 min, followed by 30-45 min low intensity AM cardio, empty stomach)
Monday: legs
Tues: Chest (30 min low-mod intensity AM cardio, empty stomach)
WEd.: off (HIIT)
Thurs: back
Friday: shoulders (30 min low-mod intensity AM cardio, empty stomach)
Saturday: arms/abs (30-45 min low intensity AM cardio, empty stomach)

if sumone could specifically help me w/ this cardio stuff :tiphat: (i've never done cardio b4 this diet) :uhoh2:
Whats in bold I added.

Later on you may want to try doing 45-60 min of low intensity every day in the morning on an empty stomach, and maybe 1-3 times a week do HIIT for 5-10 min followed by 30-45 min low intensity. I like to to keep cardio no more then 1.5hours a day.

After cardio, i find its best to eat whole food protein (breast/egg whites/etc) then 1 hour later eat a normal meal.

Stay away from fruit.

BTW-morning cardio and caffiene makes my appetite at night go insane, i usually have bouillon cubes dissolved in hot water and sip on that before I go to sleep.

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good adivce by SiCK, only thing I might add is getting a scoop of whey protein with water before your cardio. This should (studies have shown) help prevent muscle wasting, especially as your diet progresses, being natural and all.

A preexercise alpha-lactalbumin-enriched whey protein meal preserves lipid oxidation and decreases adiposity in rats.Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Sep;283(3):E565-72

The composition of the preexercise food intake is known to affect substrate utilization during exercise and thus can affect long-term changes in body weight and composition. These parameters were measured in male rats exercised 2 h daily over 5 wk, either in the fasting state or 1 h after they ingested a meal enriched with glucose (Glc), whole milk protein (WMP), or alpha-lactalbumin-enriched whey protein (CPalphaL). Compared with fasting, the Glc meal increased glucose oxidation and decreased lipid oxidation during and after exercise. In contrast, the WMP and CPalphaL meals preserved lipid oxidation and increased protein oxidation, the CPalphaL meal increasing protein oxidation more than the WMP meal. At the end of the study, body weight was larger in the WMP-, Glc-, and CPalphaL-fed rats than in the fasted ones. This resulted from an increased fat mass in the WMP and Glc rats and to an increased lean body mass, particularly muscles, in the CPalphaL rats. We conclude that the potential of the CPalphaL meal to preserve lipid oxidation and to rapidly deliver amino acids for use during exercise improved the efficiency of exercise training to decrease adiposity.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Whats in bold I added.

Later on you may want to try doing 45-60 min of low intensity every day in the morning on an empty stomach, and maybe 1-3 times a week do HIIT for 5-10 min followed by 30-45 min low intensity. I like to to keep cardio no more then 1.5hours a day.

After cardio, i find its best to eat whole food protein (breast/egg whites/etc) then 1 hour later eat a normal meal.

Stay away from fruit.

BTW-morning cardio and caffiene makes my appetite at night go insane, i usually have bouillon cubes dissolved in hot water and sip on that before I go to sleep.

thanks for the help sick :tiphat:.....just 2 more questions if u don't mind:::
1.) should the low intensity cardio always b in the morning or can I do it after my workouts.....
2.) until my knee gets better i'll probably be doing HIIT cardio on the elliptical or bike, so can u explain to me how to exactly do it???? :confused:...thanks again ur help is much appreciated :2:

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good adivce by SiCK, only thing I might add is getting a scoop of whey protein with water before your cardio. This should (studies have shown) help prevent muscle wasting, especially as your diet progresses, being natural and all.

A preexercise alpha-lactalbumin-enriched whey protein meal preserves lipid oxidation and decreases adiposity in rats.Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2002 Sep;283(3):E565-72

The composition of the preexercise food intake is known to affect substrate utilization during exercise and thus can affect long-term changes in body weight and composition. These parameters were measured in male rats exercised 2 h daily over 5 wk, either in the fasting state or 1 h after they ingested a meal enriched with glucose (Glc), whole milk protein (WMP), or alpha-lactalbumin-enriched whey protein (CPalphaL). Compared with fasting, the Glc meal increased glucose oxidation and decreased lipid oxidation during and after exercise. In contrast, the WMP and CPalphaL meals preserved lipid oxidation and increased protein oxidation, the CPalphaL meal increasing protein oxidation more than the WMP meal. At the end of the study, body weight was larger in the WMP-, Glc-, and CPalphaL-fed rats than in the fasted ones. This resulted from an increased fat mass in the WMP and Glc rats and to an increased lean body mass, particularly muscles, in the CPalphaL rats. We conclude that the potential of the CPalphaL meal to preserve lipid oxidation and to rapidly deliver amino acids for use during exercise improved the efficiency of exercise training to decrease adiposity.

Sounds good to me IS :2:, i know you told me this b4 but what are sum other supplements i should take b4 doing cardio??? i'm pretty sure Alcar and Sesamin were 2 of them..... :tiphat:

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds good to me IS :2:, i know you told me this b4 but what are sum other supplements i should take b4 doing cardio??? i'm pretty sure Alcar and Sesamin were 2 of them..... :tiphat:
BCAA's

:hide:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
knight_rider

knight_rider

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yo turk, try doing HIIT in the pool man, your probably getting sore knees from your leg based cardio, at your weight doing any running or jogging is going to smash your joints because of the impact nature of running! so yeah maybe try one lap sprint and then cruise back doing an easy stroke like breast stroke! hope things are going well

Flex

Flex

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
yo turk, try doing HIIT in the pool man, your probably getting sore knees from your leg based cardio, at your weight doing any running or jogging is going to smash your joints because of the impact nature of running! so yeah maybe try one lap sprint and then cruise back doing an easy stroke like breast stroke! hope things are going well
Possibly, but he's been doing his cardio on an eliptical.

SiCK

SiCK

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IS, consuming whey in the morning before low intensity cardio would raise insulin right? Which would likely inhibit fat breakdown during that kind of cardio. I think muscle loss wouldn't be a problem since your going to eat right after cardio, which only is about hour without food from waking up. I do think HIIT on empty stomach is no no, but if the volume HIIT is real low, like 5 min, i think it would be ok. But 20-30 of HIIT, definitely need some carbs pre-HIIT.

thanks for the help sick :tiphat:.....just 2 more questions if u don't mind:::
1.) should the low intensity cardio always b in the morning or can I do it after my workouts..... preferably in the morning, if you want to do them PWO, then i would keep the cardio session no longer then 30 min, and the weight training no longer then 45min. So thats about an hour and 15min total, remember when your cutting you need to keep the amount of meals you eat a day high as posible, so try to avoid spending to much time in the gym at once, and just break up throughout the day.
2.) until my knee gets better i'll probably be doing HIIT cardio on the elliptical or bike, so can u explain to me how to exactly do it???? :confused:...thanks again ur help is much appreciated :2: If your knees are pretty bad, I would cut out the x-factor and try to get your knees to focus on its recovery ASAP. Anyways, HIIT on elliptical, I do an interval of 30sec High/30sec Low for 10-15 times. For Low, find a comfortable resistance level and that would be what you will set it to during the low part. For High, right when you your approaching 30 sec part, crank up the resistance real high, but not too high where your going really slow, then just peddle that thing for the next 30 sec like your life depended on it, lol. Later into the session you will find your self getting fatigue, and you wont be able to peddle as fast, so what you need to do is just lower the resistance a bit back. If your gonna do HIIT before low intensity cardio, do about 4-5 of these intervals. Thats about it, just make sure to make each interval count, it has to be max effort, and listen to some tunes that will keep focus.

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
IS, consuming whey in the morning before low intensity cardio would raise insulin right? Which would likely inhibit fat breakdown during that kind of cardio. I think muscle loss wouldn't be a problem since your going to eat right after cardio, which only is about hour without food from waking up. I do think HIIT on empty stomach is no no, but if the volume HIIT is real low, like 5 min, i think it would be ok. But 20-30 of HIIT, definitely need some carbs pre-HIIT.

thanks for all ur help sick, greatly appreciated :2:

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

i dont think the cardio has really affected my knees at all, i've just been mainly hitting the elliptical up....it's probably the heavy leg workouts that are killin em- nothing to be done about that really... thanks for the help KR :2:....i wanna see those arms at 20 inches, no slacking now :keke:

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
update: got my 17 week out pictures taken--now i'm just waiting for my buddy to email them to me, so far i have lost 15lbs, i'm down to 235lbs <----skinnnyyy:bowroflarms:....no not really......but things are going well hopefully i can get these pics posted asap

Turkish1530

Turkish1530

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
hows the diet goin?

whats up sick.....diets going pretty well, as of now i'm going about 300g of protein, 400g of carbs and 70g of fat and i've been doing 1 cheat meal each saturday that consists of a 4-5 ounce 92% lean burger on a wheat bun w/ fat free cheese....as i said above i've lost 15lbs to date, so i'm pretty happy with my progressions thus far :tiphat:....thanks for stopping by and i will be making a new pre-contest log soon, just waiting to get these finals over w/ :2:

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Minorly, yes. Certainly not enough of an issue to hinder the lipolytic effect, which is the point of the study. It would be useful to preserve mass without harming fat loss.