• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Guns Log!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
9/10/08- CHEST AND BICEPS

Thanks you guys :xyxthumbs:

Just a quick easy workout tonight, o and i havent posted my leg session on tuesday because i didnt go because as soon as i got home from uni at 3:00pm i fell asleep until 7:00 lol.

CHEST

Flat DB press-
50lb X 12 reps WU
70lb X 12 reps WU
95lb X 8 reps

Incline DB press-
30lb X 12 reps WU
75lb X 11 reps*

Flat DB flyes-
35lb X 12 reps WU
65lb X 10 reps*

BICEPS

BB curl-
20kg X 12 reps WU
45kg X 8 reps and 4 cheat curls

Incline curls-
20lb X 12 reps WU
45lb X 8 reps

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice short session there BGL!! basic and heavy!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
you've got to love HIT, saving time + a great session :D

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I know this might seem obvious to your other readers, but are you doing training dorian yates style? As an ectomorph Ive always wanted to try it because I feel like I grow best from heavy short workouts. How have you progressed in overall mass from these type of workouts? Do you think other bodyparts respond better do this low volume workout, or is an overall success for you?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
I know this might seem obvious to your other readers, but are you doing training dorian yates style? As an ectomorph Ive always wanted to try it because I feel like I grow best from heavy short workouts. How have you progressed in overall mass from these type of workouts? Do you think other bodyparts respond better do this low volume workout, or is an overall success for you?

Yes Pete, I train in HIT fashion, Dorian Yates fashion.

HIT will work for anyone. I feel that this is the way people should be training. Now by that I don't mean all out intensity fashion for the "normal" trainee but they should do only a couple of sets to failure, rather than 5 sets of each exercises and each bodypart 5 exercises. That just baffles me, why not train on the least amount to get the job done? And it's healthier and less taxing on your body's reserves, and what I mean by that is you won't feel sluggish after your workouts, and as long as your getting enough sleep and your diets in check then you should be recovering better from your workouts rather than before with the maraphon workouts (high volume)

I got a lot of growth and strength right away when I started training like this, I don't no how much weight I have put on with my training style but let's just say it's more than if I would have stuck with high volume training.

As far as "if it works better for different bodyparts" It works the same. All you need in the gym is to stimulate the muscle, that is all, and by that for me means one set to failure and then past failure, that way the muscle is litterally forced to grow, and I know I am growing because I am getting stronger with every workout.

Hope you give HIT a try, we need more HIT trainers out there :tiphat:

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks man that was all really great info, Im definitly going to be keeping this all down. The only problem I feel about this type of workout and why it might not work for me is because I generally get a bit stronger as I go through sets. I see you do fairly light warm up sets as in around half the weight or a bit more. I feel as though my "warm up sets" are the first 2 or three sets before my last and final set. Although my "warm up" sets are only about 5-10 pounds lighter than my last set. If I were to just jump into my last set after only doing a light to medium warm up or two I wouldn't get the same results. I feel like thats just how my body works in respect to gaining strength. As of now, the way I have been training with the HIT influence has made all of my strength gains go up consistantly every single week for every single exercise. I know it will probably stall out a bit sooner or later, but as of now everything is going fine. I have taken a lot of what you said to heart. This year I have definitly been focusing on the heaviest sets as the growth enducing ones. And I have also lowered my volume significantly, just not nearly as low as what you do. I hope this all makes sense. I do believe that more people should definitly lower the volume on the workouts though. I see way too many people performind 20-30 sets on biceps and triceps alone!! ridiculous.

I will be checking back regularly to see your progress! Keep it up man, I look forward to your next post

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
huge DB presses mate! keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam23

Adam23

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks you guys :xyxthumbs:

Just a quick easy workout tonight, o and i havent posted my leg session on tuesday because i didnt go because as soon as i got home from uni at 3:00pm i fell asleep until 7:00 lol.

CHEST

Flat DB press-
50lb X 12 reps WU
70lb X 12 reps WU
95lb X 8 reps

Incline DB press-
30lb X 12 reps WU
75lb X 11 reps*

Flat DB flyes-
35lb X 12 reps WU
65lb X 10 reps*

BICEPS

BB curl-
20kg X 12 reps WU
45kg X 8 reps and 4 cheat curls

Incline curls-
20lb X 12 reps WU
45lb X 8 reps
Awesome session bro !!! i might give HIT a try next month :xyxthumbs:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Thanks man that was all really great info, Im definitly going to be keeping this all down. The only problem I feel about this type of workout and why it might not work for me is because I generally get a bit stronger as I go through sets. I see you do fairly light warm up sets as in around half the weight or a bit more. I feel as though my "warm up sets" are the first 2 or three sets before my last and final set. Although my "warm up" sets are only about 5-10 pounds lighter than my last set. If I were to just jump into my last set after only doing a light to medium warm up or two I wouldn't get the same results. I feel like thats just how my body works in respect to gaining strength. As of now, the way I have been training with the HIT influence has made all of my strength gains go up consistantly every single week for every single exercise. I know it will probably stall out a bit sooner or later, but as of now everything is going fine. I have taken a lot of what you said to heart. This year I have definitly been focusing on the heaviest sets as the growth enducing ones. And I have also lowered my volume significantly, just not nearly as low as what you do. I hope this all makes sense. I do believe that more people should definitly lower the volume on the workouts though. I see way too many people performind 20-30 sets on biceps and triceps alone!! ridiculous.

I will be checking back regularly to see your progress! Keep it up man, I look forward to your next post

I don't get how you get stronger as your sets go on, surely you get weaker because your muscles are being fatigued? Maybe you just feel bigger due to blood flow within your muscles? And yes I do very light weights for my warm up sets, mostly about 50-60% of my main set. And you do sets that take your muscles to failure and a lot of them aswell. I can honsetly say that you will gain more strength with HIT workouts because your recovery will be greatly enhanced. I think it might be a psychological barrier their, I mean the first time I tried HIT it felt weird because I was only doing one set, but it definetly does work.

I am glad you have lowered your volume man, and maybe lower it more and more when you feel it is neccessary to do so, i.e. you feel like your not recovering from your workouts. Them people are the ones who spend more time recovering from those high volume workouts rather than growing from them!

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice and Heavy just the way i like my women, good job Lance.

Mine starts monday, you will all be in awe of my power!

P.S. just kidding about the whole big woman thing :gnd:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Lulz. No problem bro! Thanks for checking in the log aswell as everyone else. :xyxthumbs:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
13/10/08- CALVES, CHEST, AND BICEPS

CALVES-
Standing calf raise-
150lb X 15 reps WU
150lb X 15 reps WU
360lb X 8 reps, 3 half reps and burns
>>210lb X 3 reps (Dropset)

Seated calf raises-
120lb X 13 reps and 2 half reps
>>100lb X 6 reps and 2 half reps (Dropset)

CHEST
Flat BB press-
60kg X 12 reps WU
70kg X 10 reps WU
100kg X 4 reps and 2 forced reps

Incline BB press-
60kg X 10 reps WU
80kg X 11 reps*

Flat DB flyes-
30lb X 12 reps WU
70lb X 5 reps
>>45lb X 7 reps and 2 forced reps (Dropset)

BICEPS
BB curl-
20kg X 12 reps WU
50kg X 5 reps
>>30kg X 7 reps (Dropset)

Incline DB curls-(30 degrees angle)
20lb X 12 reps WU
40lb X 8 reps
>>20lb X 8 reps (Dropset)

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
That's a man's workout right there! Chest and biceps!! Awesome workout!

Are the drop sets your doing a normal entity of your workouts, or were you just trying to up the intensity a bit?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
That's a man's workout right there! Chest and biceps!! Awesome workout!

Are the drop sets your doing a normal entity of your workouts, or were you just trying to up the intensity a bit?

Thanks Pete :xyxthumbs:

Well normally I use forced reps but I havent got a training partner so had to keep the intensity up with the drop sets.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Great session Lance ! I notice that you are doing calves first in this late workouts, are you trying to bring them up?

Drop sets are awsome every once in a while, today in my chest training I did the same!

ps: my log is going up again, after some really shitty workouts due to work..:disgust:

Samoan-Z

Samoan-Z

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Man them calves must be crying, your chest must be submitting, and them biceps are definitely growing im loving it man keep that up!

Way to grow! :xyxthumbs:

D

DriDDeRz

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Insane workout session bro! crazy calve raises!! :tiphat:
overall a good strong solid workout bro! * high 5* :keke:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
nice session Lance, forced reps are great, i use them too :)

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Great workouts bro.Short and strong sessions.Keep it up,presses looking good:xyxthumbs:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Natzo said:
Great session Lance ! I notice that you are doing calves first in this late workouts, are you trying to bring them up?

Drop sets are awsome every once in a while, today in my chest training I did the same!

ps: my log is going up again, after some really shitty workouts due to work..:disgust:

Thanks man and welcome back. Yeh I'm trying to bring my calves up, overall their my weakpoint so wanna bring them up to cows man :keke:

Dropsets are awesome, especially when you don't have any training partner and you wanna go past failure. Keep your log up and running mate :xyxthumbs:

Samoan-Z said:
Man them calves must be crying, your chest must be submitting, and them biceps are definitely growing im loving it man keep that up!

Way to grow! :xyxthumbs:

Thanks Z! Man I'm so sore right now from that workout. My calves were pumped to hell when i was training them and now there tight and have serious DOMS. :xyxthumbs:

DriDDeRz said:
Insane workout session bro! crazy calve raises!! :tiphat:
overall a good strong solid workout bro! * high 5*:keke:

Yo Dridd! Welcome to my HIT log :tiphat: Thanks for checking in.

tkD said:
nice session Lance, forced reps are great, i use them too :)

Thanks as always tkD :xyxthumbs: Forced reps are my fav technique to use but with no training partner I have to look for other techniques :(

Lionheart said:
Great workouts bro.Short and strong sessions.Keep it up,presses looking good

Thanks Lion :xyxthumbs: