• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Guns Log!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
3/11/08 CHEST AND BICEPS

^

Thanks Tim :xyxthumbs:

And BB ive gotta keep up with you man :)

Didn't enjoy this workout today because I was in a rush and i also forgot my PWO shake and dint have any money to buy a shake so i got pissed off.

CHEST

Flat BB press:
60kg X 12 reps WU
70kg X 12 reps WU
110kg X 4 reps and 2 forced reps (Increased 5kg in a week. This was slightly too heavy because i wanted to get about 6 reps on my own, next week i'll lower it to 105 and try and get 8 out)

Seated hammer strength press:
40kg X 12 reps WU
120kg X 8 reps and 2 half reps (This is my PB in this weight. Never attempted it before but this time i did and got 8 lol)

Flat DB flyes:
30lb X 12 reps WU
70lb X 7 reps (2 more than last week)
40lb X 6 reps (dropset)

BICEPS

BB curl:
20kg X 12 reps WU
50kg X 6 reps

Incline DB curls:
50lb X 7 reps (2 reps more than last week)

Next workout is LEGS

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Good work with the 110kg on the bench, I'm sure those last 2 reps are just around the corner for you. Your curls were pretty strong too. :xyxthumbs:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
Great workout man ! a PB and some heavy ass flat flyes! good job

there's something I wanna ask you do you do some kind of warm up before you training, if so what?

cause my warm up is kinda lost I have no ideia of the amont to do..
for example: if i train chest i'll do some arm rotations, some light db side lateral, some rotator cuff exercises some flat db press light ???:dunnodude::dunnodude:

what do you do?

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
that's a good workout Lance, strong bench, next time you'll get that 8 reps from 105 kg, good job bro :xyxthumbs:

Lionheart

Lionheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome work for back and chest bro,curls looking strong too.Nice PB there also:xyxthumbs:

R

Rocky

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sweet session Lance. Good benching weight and despite you not getting what you wanted out of it you aced the next exercise for chest anyway!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Good work with the 110kg on the bench, I'm sure those last 2 reps are just around the corner for you. Your curls were pretty strong too. :xyxthumbs:

I hope there round the corner mate. I really want to increase my bench press strength. Thanks :xyxthumbs:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Great workout man ! a PB and some heavy ass flat flyes! good job

there's something I wanna ask you do you do some kind of warm up before you training, if so what?

cause my warm up is kinda lost I have no ideia of the amont to do..
for example: if i train chest i'll do some arm rotations, some light db side lateral, some rotator cuff exercises some flat db press light ???:dunnodude::dunnodude:

what do you do?

Thanks bro, flat flyes have always been one of my strengths and i do them very strictly too, as i do all my exercises.

I don't have a warm-up whatsoever before the gym. All i do is ride my bike to the gym, get change, do some warm up sets of the exercises i'll be doing and then i begin my sets. When i used to walk to the gym then i would do stationary cycling on the bike.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
that's a good workout Lance, strong bench, next time you'll get that 8 reps from 105 kg, good job bro :xyxthumbs:

Thanks tkD

Next time i'm going to defo get that weight/reps :ranter:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Awesome work for back and chest bro,curls looking strong too.Nice PB there also:xyxthumbs:

Thanks alot big man, my strength is going up abit because of the creatine and the diet. :xyxthumbs:

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Sweet session Lance. Good benching weight and despite you not getting what you wanted out of it you aced the next exercise for chest anyway!

Thanks Rocky! :)

Yeh man, i'm very happy with those hammer presses. I'm thinking of using that instead of the flat bech press but i dont no yet. Like start off with inclines, then hammers then flat flyes. but we will see...:spy:

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
so you do for example one light set of the exercises you'll be doing..

so for example you do one set of light bech one set of light magnum press one set of light flyes..

and then you go on to the first wu bench, second wu, hit set ! and so on ...

is it?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^

All I do is 2-3 warm ups sets for my first exercise and then for the others 1 maybe none. So,

Let's say my exercise is flat bench presses. I'll walk into the gym go straight to the flat bench. do two warm-up sets about 50-60% of my working set weight, and i'll do 10-12 reps to increase blood flow and to mentally help me for the heavy set to come. Finally, I increase the weight for the final set. So in a nutshell;

1. 1st warm up
2. 2nd warm up
3 Final set!

Got it? But don't forget I would do 5-10 mins on the bike beofre hand but I cycle to the gym so I don't see any need to.

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
that's how I used to do before seeing a week in the dungeon

there dorian says to dugdale he has to warm up first like riding the stationary bike and then doing some light sets... we see dugdale doing some cuff rotators exercises.. and the he goes to his hit training like you do and I do with 1 or two warm sets and then the final set..

see my doubt? so if we do some warm up before what's the point of calling warm-up sets to the others?

now i'm confused---:hhj::wutyousay:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
^

LOL Yeh I get you. were not as advanced as either of them too, so I don't see the need to do rotator cuff work and so on. The simplest way is to just get some blood circulaing around the body with 5-10mins cardio then go to your first exercise and do what you have been doing. If you perform the warm up sets properly and your final set then you won't get injured. Just make sure you don't strentch before your workout because this can lead to injury, leave that until after the workout to help recovery.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
6/11/08-DELTS, TRAPS AND TRICEPS

Thanks big Z :)

DELTS

Standing BNP-
20kg X 12 reps WU
30kg X 10 reps WU
60kg X 7 reps

Seated lateral raises-
20lb X 12 reps WU
35lb X 7 reps and 3 half reps
20lb X 7 reps (dropset)

Upright row-
20kg X 12 reps WU
55kg X 7 reps and 2 half reps

TRAPS

BB shrugs-
60kg X 12 reps WU
100kg X 12 reps WU
140kg X 8 reps
100kg X 6 reps (dropset)

TRICEPS

Tricep pushdown-
25kg X 12 reps WU
50kg X 8 reps
30kg X 6 reps (dropset)

Dips-
BW X 12 reps WU
BW+80lb X 12 reps*

Decided to do dips today instead of lying e-z extensions. However, I may just do 3 exercises for triceps and after the dips do one set of lying e-z extensions.

PistolPete

PistolPete

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice workout man. I've been thinking more about your HIT training. I'm going to keep my style of training for a while, but HIT is definitly the next step for me. Anyway back to you, I love how in your workouts you go all the way to failure. Even after your get all the reps you can get you still go after those half reps or maybe even a drop set. That's intense right there man. Keep it up!!

Natzo

Natzo

Elvira turns me on
VIP
strong workout !

I'm catching you in those BNP's!

Keep it up bro!

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP