• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Guns Log!

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Solid session man, heavy ass curls as previously mentioned, keep it up man

speedy

speedy

Man your curls are insane :xyxthumbs: and your chest presses aren't bad either...keep up the good work !!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
^^^^Thanks guys for the comments :2:

100 kg:D:ughnoes:

pics?!xD

I don't think it's that heavy lol. I want to get to 16st :D

Don't really wanna take pics yet, not happy enough, need to get much bigger! :headbang:

HeavyWeight_86

HeavyWeight_86

Lance what the + 4 C stands for in the chest workout?

miamiracing

miamiracing

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
what happened to the 150+ kg bench :spy:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
What 5/3/1!?- Yeh You Got It

Ok so today was the start of 5/3/1. Fancied a different approach and many guys have had success so I thought I'd give it a go.

5/3/1
Cycle 1, week 1, day 1:

Military Press Day:
40kg X 5
45kg X 5
50kg X 17 (lol ridiculously light)

Standing DB side raises:
30lb X 12
30lb X 12
30lb X 12

Barbell shrugs:
60kg X 10 WU
100kg X 12
100kg X 12
100kg X 12

Tricep pressdown:
30kg X 12 WU
50kg X 12
50kg X 12
50kg X 12

Par bar dips:
BW X 12
BW X 12
BW X 12

This session was sooo easy today, although I had a little nice pump going on :drool:

I figured because i'm starting out light with the main lifts I may as well start light with the assistance too. I'm still having a play with the exercises because I don't have a clue where to put which ones. Anyway, tomorrow is Deadlift then, and again it's going to be light! :bullwhip:

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
nice session mate alltho it looks a bit easy as you say. good luck with the 5/3/1 program:xyxthumbs:

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Heavy weights with good volume, nice shrugs!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
awesome to have ur log back in action lance:2: haha ye i think u better up the weight on that military press!:D 17 reps when the goal is 5+ is abit over the top lol:D

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Thanks a lot guys! :D

@Bulky- Yeh they were really bad lol, it says in the manual to increase upper body lifts by 5 pounds, do you reckon I should up it to about 10 or be a little patient?

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Thanks a lot guys! :D

@Bulky- Yeh they were really bad lol, it says in the manual to increase upper body lifts by 5 pounds, do you reckon I should up it to about 10 or be a little patient?

i think u have just started off way to light. id recalculate it. because even though starting off conservative is ok, its a long term progression program, and when u get 17 reps, its gonna take a long ass time to get up to some serious weights when u increase by 5 pounds per cycle.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Yeh man, think I may just recalculate again then. Might do for deads as well :p

Heres tonights session.

5/3/1
Cycle 1, week 1, day 2:

Deadlifts:
80kg X 5
90kg X 5
105kg X 15 (lol again) Oh and it wasn't my back that gave it, it was the forearms :49:

Power cleans:
60kg X 6 (wu)
100kg X 3 - Damn this was heavy

Chins:
BWX 10
BWX8- Grip at this point was fucked!

Seated cable row:
75kg X 10
75kg X 10

Ab wheel roll out:
3 sets of 6

That's it. Pretty tired today because at uni I had to practice power cleans, I must have done 20 sets of about 4 reps but with lighter loads. Tomorrow is day off, Thursday is Bench day.

ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
starting out easy on the 5/3/1 program i see. probably how it works then, i havent really looked into it so i dont know how it works.

hehe, yeah 15 reps for deadlifts seems a bit much, but good forearm training.

good effort on the chins to, those are hard as hell when you've worn out your grip. i have to start with chins if i am to get over 10 reps.

T

Tonka

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice work mate, grip like me needs improvement though, Keep it up dude.

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
haha! we both struggle with the grip mate:keke: dont u use straps now that u go overhand? i find i have to use em when going heavy. and ye definetely upp the loads on ur lifts man, otherwise we will have to wait forever until we get to see some lance like lifting!:D

btw, how come u do power cleans? not discrediting it, as ive never really done it. u feel that it has any value when it comes to bbing?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
@ironheart: Thanks mate! yeh it looks like ive started out a little too light! lol I'll adjust things abit. And yeh grip was murdered after the deads and cleans so grip on chins was giving out, last reps i held on with my fingers lol.

@Tonka: Yeh it does need work and the only way to do that is to dietch the straps!

@Bulky: No Bulk no straps on anything anymore, I was going to but i figured that if i want it improving in deads then the best way is to deadlift without them. I now leave my straps at home now so ive got no alternative. :49: haha I was thinking the same mate, itd take forever, I need something challenging and like you said itd take forever!

About the power cleans, well since ive been at uni and we have got to know how to do it and explain it ive been really intrigued by it and i really like it. Its great for mass around the upper back and shoulders so i thought why not give it a go. I do think it's valuable for bbing and also it's something my body is just not used to, esp my core and also because your using practical every muscle and exploding. Maybe give it a go mate :xyxthumbs:

Also forgot to mention that Ive ditched the belt too. Reason being is I want my core to work more and the belt basically stops this.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Another 5/3/1 disciple! good choice!! 17 reps for presses and 15 reps for deads is a bith too much lolz, sure u got the right 1rm's in there?

sexnews

sexnews

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
BGL according to your new avatar you have gained a LOT of mass! Well done!