• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Big Guns Log!

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
we have a deal then^^:keke:

ah ok hear ya mate. so what do u think of the program so far. know its alittle early, but hows ur body and mind feeling?

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
^ I really like the program but I'm just waiting for it to kick it. I think it will do next cycle when I increase the loads more. Also one major thing ive changed is for my assistance ive been doing more sets but going 1 rep from failure and feels pretty good. At the same time though very weird because I find it quite hard to back off, I don't feel like i'm training that hard if I don't go to failure. Because of this urge I sometimes forget and train to failure when im trying not too.

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
keep up the hard work man, and eat like a horse.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Bumpy bump

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
I will start logging tomorrow. Bump it so xiva can see so he could explain to me a little more about Bill Starr instead of hijacking Bulky's log. Check back soon pal ;)

X

Xiva

Banned
Well he recommend to things.

1. You'll still be going for the 5x5 heavy, light, medium. But besides that you'll have an extra day of working out, with isolation exercises.

Instead of doing 5x5 every singel day, you'll be doing it like this:

Day 1: 5x10 (Heavy)
Day 2: 5x3 (Light)
Day 3: 5x5 (Medium)

What you're then gonna do is, that EVERYTIME you can add extra weight to either of the days you do it. But it's very important that you get the planned amount of reps (10,3 or 5)

Every day will acctually be a heavy day, if you look at each day seperated. But look at it, in the big picture and you'll see that you still have heavy, light and medium.

- Bill starr is ALWAYS thinking total workload, when he talks about a heavy/light workout.

Day 1: 5x10 - 10x45kg, 10x55kg, 10x65kg, 10x75kg, 10x85kg
Day 2: 5x3 - 3x70kg, 3x80, 3x90, 3x100, 3x110kg
Day 3: 5x5 - 5x60kg, 5x70kg, 5x80kg, 5x90kg, 5x100kg

If you calculate the numbers together, you'll see that the workload will be highest and day 1, lowest and day 2 and medium at day 3 - Heavy, light, medium.

You'll still train 3 days a week. But with different exercises.

(This is for bench pres - But same thing, just other exercises for squat and so on ofc :))
Day 1: Bench press (Heavy)
Day 2: Behind the neck press
Day 3: Military press
5x5 in all exercises

It's the same as before. You'll have less total workload, due to the change of exercises, without really having easy/medium days.

What i really like about this kind of training, is that you dont really have any "light" days, like in the basic 5x5. But one thing you MUST have in mind, si that you should ONLY "upgrade" to this kind of training when you're ready for it, do not try to force your body in to this. It will only lead to negative things.

So when are you ready for this?
- Well, when you aren't getting results by the basic 5x5 or when you feel like your resting to easy away from the heavy workouts. It's hard to explain. But you gotta listen to your body and only go advanced, when it's ready for it.

Damn that got messy. Hope you understand anyway.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
Thanks man! repped.

I do understand and i will keep all this in mind when i come to the end of stronglifts 5x5. Like i said before, I don't know if i am advanced enough for this. Im just going to see how stronglifts is and see how my body responds and adapts to that. Thanks for your help again. :)

X

Xiva

Banned
Thanks man! repped.

I do understand and i will keep all this in mind when i come to the end of stronglifts 5x5. Like i said before, I don't know if i am advanced enough for this. Im just going to see how stronglifts is and see how my body responds and adapts to that. Thanks for your help again. :)

No problem man. I'm always pleased to help :)
- Feel free to contact me if you want to go abit more advanced or even when you start 5x5 bill starr, i did modifie mine abit, so that i got better result, than just doing standard.

I did just have a look @ your lift. And i think you'll be allright with the basic too.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
I'm a bit too lazy to do it myself but how does this Bill Starr 5x5 program compare to the MadCow variation posted in the training section?

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
I'm a bit too lazy to do it myself but how does this Bill Starr 5x5 program compare to the MadCow variation posted in the training section?

:dunnodude:

Nearer the time I will read through everything on him.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
'Stronglifts 5x5'/week 1/day 1

Ok so today is the start of Stronglifts 5x5. Felt like a time for change, I will not go back to conventional bodybuilding programs ever. :borat:

Started this program off light although the squats felt heavy :umwtf:

Workout A

Squats-

60k x 5 x 2 warm up
120k x 5
120k x 5
120k x 5
120k x 5
120k x 5

Flat press-
60k x 5 x 2 warm up
80k x 5
80k x 5
80k x 5
80k x 5
80k x 5

Power shrugs-
60k x 5 x 2 warm up
80k x 5
80k x 5
80k x 5
80k x 5
80k x 5

Dips-
BW x 15
BW x 14
BW x 8

Reverse crunch-
BW x 10
BW x 10
BW x 10

I was shattered afterwards. Legs are still shaking now.

I will increase the weights by 2.5k on the lifts next workout. :bullwhip:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
welcome back to the log section bro! awesome to have ur log up and running again. and with a totally new training style to boot. no more HIT:p nice comeback session. never thought i would say this, but huge VOLUME lance:49:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
welcome back to the log section bro! awesome to have ur log up and running again. and with a totally new training style to boot. no more HIT:p nice comeback session. never thought i would say this, but huge VOLUME lance:49:

Yep no more HIT! VOLUME ftw, lol this shit fucked me up. I'm sooo tried and my legs feel like...well i dont have any :49: thats why I had to lower my weight a bit. It takes a lot out of your body doing set after set. Thanks buddy :headbang:

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
week 1, day 2

Back squat-
60k x 5 x 2 warm up
122.5k x 5
122.5k x 5
122.5k x 5
122.5k x 5
122.5k x 5

-Legs were so damn sore from monday's session. It was easy weight although it felt hard from DOMS.

OH press-
40k x 5 x 2 warm up
55k x 5
55k x 5
55k x 5
55k x 5
55k x 5

-Easy, starting light so don't burn out.

Deadlifts-
60k x 5 x 2 warm up
120 x 5
120 x 5
120 x 5

-Again, easy.

Pull-ups-
bw x 9
bw x 6
bw x 6

-Hard as hell. I weigh so much. I need to lose some cargo baggage.

Prone bridges-
bw x 30 sec x 3

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Solid starting session for your new program man

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
good session lance, slow steady progression. thats the key right there. dont worry about the pullups, theyll come up as u do em more.

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

VIP
good session lance, slow steady progression. thats the key right there. dont worry about the pullups, theyll come up as u do em more.

Thanks Bulkster. Yeh Just looking at the spreadsheet and where I'll be in like 6 weeks or so. Gotta think that way. For some reason as well the pull ups seemed a bit awkward, dunno why.

X

Xiva

Banned
Good session :)

"Training is not a sprint, it's a marathon"
- WORDS!