• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Duality; precontest 09

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
and yes james i've tried melatonin, it works, but not when you're mind isn't at ease. i need something to knock me out next time.

Give it a try again, did you dissolve it under your tongue?

and no one did my prep for me, lol, i do that myself.

Come on dude, why don't you just listen to someone here like myself, Flex, JB, Tunen, Freak, whoever. I've never heard of anybody doing low carb until the morning of the show, it seems like you were just winging it by the seat of your pants.

Essensen

Essensen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Du you recommend dissolving melatonin in pill-form under the tongue? Usually I just swallow it - but would it have a better effect they way you recommend it?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Du you recommend dissolving melatonin in pill-form under the tongue? Usually I just swallow it - but would it have a better effect they way you recommend it?

Yep!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Awesome to hear mate! Well done on your placing with such a tuff group, you should be proud of yourself standing up there with guys who are way older than you and that much wiser. every comps a learning experiment, like Bulkboy said, aslong as you keep making progress like you have, you'll smoke them next time!

If you plan on doing the november show don't forgot the log. Cant wait to see the pics.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

Come on dude, why don't you just listen to someone here like myself, Flex, JB, Tunen, Freak, whoever. I've never heard of anybody doing low carb until the morning of the show, it seems like you were just winging it by the seat of your pants.

I'd like to know that as well. What was your reason of being on low carb untill the contest day?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I'd like to know that as well. What was your reason of being on low carb untill the contest day?

i was trying to be as sharp as possible. i know, i know, it's not a typical approach, but i've ran low/no carb days, and was very pleased with how i looked the next day. i'm naturally a pretty full dude due to my shape and structure, so i wasn't concerned with being flat. and i was pretty darn dry the day of the show.

but.....after i ate something and lied down for a few, the difference was incredible. the vein that i thought ended mid abdominal showed all the way up to the top of my abdomen, and my legs were very vascular. now i know what to do next time! honestly though it wouldn't have made a difference in my heavyweight placing. the 3 older guys who beat me were incredibly hard and big and all were quite the gentlemen as well.

i sent blake a phone picture message of my legs after eating. blake if you're reading this, tell them i'm not lying!

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
i was trying to be as sharp as possible. i know, i know, it's not a typical approach, but i've ran low/no carb days, and was very pleased with how i looked the next day. i'm naturally a pretty full dude due to my shape and structure, so i wasn't concerned with being flat. and i was pretty darn dry the day of the show.

Sounds like a pretty stupid approach to me. There's is a reason to why you should carb up but you saw that for yourself. Was there a specific reason to why you wanted to do your own prep?

honestly though it wouldn't have made a difference in my heavyweight placing. the 3 older guys who beat me were incredibly hard and big and all were quite the gentlemen as well.

Didn't you tell us that the guys in that weight class normally show up with poor condition?

Anyway are there any pics up yet? :)

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Sounds like a pretty stupid approach to me. There's is a reason to why you should carb up but you saw that for yourself. Was there a specific reason to why you wanted to do your own prep?

Didn't you tell us that the guys in that weight class normally show up with poor condition?

Anyway are there any pics up yet? :)

stop with the bullshit smilies. i'm glad you think it was a stupid approach, and having done it now i realize there was a better way to go about it. and ya typically the guys in this class aren't the hardest. this was a different show. it was the largest ever. and had one of the biggest heavy divisions ever. i was expecting 6 guys tops to show up, i got 11. all 3 men who beat me were like granite and had fantastic physiques and all weighed more than 220lbs. i am very happy with how this show went and received much positive feedback from my fellow competitors and a judge. them>you :)

you're response is lathered with condescension. so how about this, you stop being a snide little prick towards myself and pretending like you care, and you'll in turn get mutual respect and distance from me.

and if i get the pictures from my photographer and decide to post them, it will be for the members of mecca who make this site worthwhile, not you.

some of you may think i'm overreacting with a response like this to what he said. but i'm not stupid, and i'm well aware of what him and tunen do and their tone even though it's only through text, and i'm sick of it.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Awesome to hear mate! Well done on your placing with such a tuff group, you should be proud of yourself standing up there with guys who are way older than you and that much wiser. every comps a learning experiment, like Bulkboy said, aslong as you keep making progress like you have, you'll smoke them next time!

If you plan on doing the november show don't forgot the log. Cant wait to see the pics.

thanks buddy :2: i really did take away a great experience from this show and know what i can do better next time. i appreciate it man, if i do the november show i will for sure keep you guys posted!

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
stop with the bullshit smilies. i'm glad you think it was a stupid approach, and having done it now i realize there was a better way to go about it. and ya typically the guys in this class aren't the hardest. this was a different show. it was the largest ever. and had one of the biggest heavy divisions ever. i was expecting 6 guys tops to show up, i got 11. all 3 men who beat me were like granite and had fantastic physiques and all weighed more than 220lbs. i am very happy with how this show went and received much positive feedback from my fellow competitors and a judge. them>you :)

you're response is lathered with condescension. so how about this, you stop being a snide little prick towards myself and pretending like you care, and you'll in turn get mutual respect and distance from me.

and if i get the pictures from my photographer and decide to post them, it will be for the members of mecca who make this site worthwhile, not you.

some of you may think i'm overreacting with a response like this to what he said. but i'm not stupid, and i'm well aware of what him and tunen do and their tone even though it's only through text, and i'm sick of it.

What the hell are you talking about? You might want to lower the dosage on what ever you're using, it's making you paranoid.

I asked if there was any pictures up yet and somehow that put sand in your vagina? I am honestly interested to see how you looked on stage. Specially after your own describtion of your physique. That's all there is to it. And I think most of the members that followed this thread will agree.
I think your estrogen levels are sky high if something like that can make you whine.

You told us that you did low carb untill the day off the show, I said that was a stupid approach. And it was... to say the least. Anyone who has competed or knows just a tiny bit about nutrition will agree with this.

I have giving you advice through this thread, asked how you would manipulate your salt/water, asked about your posing and so forth and you still act like a 12 year old who lost his bike. Grow up FFS! :)

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
duality, u should start a log bro:2: would be a great addition in that section, and u can keep track of ur training up until ur next show;D

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What the hell are you talking about? You might want to lower the dosage on what ever you're using, it's making you paranoid.

I asked if there was any pictures up yet and somehow that put sand in your vagina? I am honestly interested to see how you looked on stage. Specially after your own describtion of your physique. That's all there is to it. And I think most of the members that followed this thread will agree.
I think your estrogen levels are sky high if something like that can make you whine.

You told us that you did low carb untill the day off the show, I said that was a stupid approach. And it was... to say the least. Anyone who has competed or knows just a tiny bit about nutrition will agree with this.

I have giving you advice through this thread, asked how you would manipulate your salt/water, asked about your posing and so forth and you still act like a 12 year old who lost his bike. Grow up FFS! :)

it's hard for me to believe what you're saying when i know who your bff is and his beyond low opinion of me.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
it's hard for me to believe what you're saying when i know who your bff is and his beyond low opinion of me.

I could care less about what you and Tunen think of each other.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I could care less about what you and Tunen think of each other.

well if you are being completely sincere about what you just posted before this, then my apologies for inferring something that wasn't there. but you better not be messing with me

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Or the wrath of a thousand keyboard warriors will strike me?

Calm down.

:)

lol, i knew you'd say something like that. no, that won't happen. but a response far more hostile than the one i just gave will occur, and i will likely get banned because of it. if that's what you want, then by all means, mess with me.

i'm starting to believe you though so i'm assuming that's something you don't want.

and if you have been entirely sincere then please accept my apologies

T

Tunen

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
well if you are being completely sincere about what you just posted before this, then my apologies for inferring something that wasn't there. but you better not be messing with me

Or else?

It truly is hilarious how you keep calling me a swimmer, being considerably bigger than you :) What does that make you?

Consider this a warning. If you make another offensive / personal comment, you're out of here :) Have a nice day :)

P

Pain

VIP
Only way to settle this.

r8hwtk-1.jpg

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Or else?

It truly is hilarious how you keep calling me a swimmer, being considerably bigger than you :) What does that make you?

Consider this a warning. If you make another offensive / personal comment, you're out of here :) Have a nice day :)

if I make another offensive or personal comment huh? what about the bullshit you spew behind my back! or do i not even look like a bodybuilder? what the fuck is that tuna? that's what we call hypocrisy big boy. prove me wrong, let me read what you say in the mod section and DON'T alter anything or edit a word.

i don't fucking like you. and i'm allowed not to like you. so get out of my thread as i don't care in the least what you have to say. my issue is with you and you alone. so why don't you set me to your ignore list and i'll do the same.

considerably bigger than me....... :iorofl: