F
Freakzilla
Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
- Joined
- Jul 12, 2006
- Messages
- 248
- Points
- 36
Now that I think about it I would start measuring how much water you intake starting on Sunday before the show.
Freak
Freak

Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums
MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.
All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.
Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.
By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

Freakzilla said:Seriously, for natty shows they look to see who is the most conditioned. You have good muscle bellies and a decent overall structure but that don't mean shit if your not conditioned enough. Right now if your not suffering your doing something wrong.
Originally posted by Ironslave
Props dude, your chest is national caliber, back looks pretty decent, and obviously hamstrings need work (ATG squats fool!).
Conditioning is better than I thought it would be
but you could use a good 4 weeks more prep to come in amazing. Next time, live and learn, and realize you're ALWAYS further behind than you think you are.
Completely agree, though, it's not a natural show, btw...
lol, i'll take it i guess. lest you forget i'm not done yet. 6 days as i type this. i will drop another 7 pounds in this time frame i'm approximating. you'll get pictures.
another 4 weeks would over diet me and stick me in a division with far shorter dudes in what is typically a more competitive division. remember, the goal is to look good, AND place well. i will do that in the heavies.
These posts reveal the thing which will keep you from reaching your lofty expectations in bodybuilding, your mental outlook. Another 4 weeks would over diet you? Please, another 4 weeks and you'd be in pretty good bodybuilding show shape, and you'd look much bigger and better.
The reason why many people were giving you grief about your conditioning a few weeks ago and encouraging you on is because you were/are further behind than you think. Did you listen? I'm willing to bet almost any money you didn't, especially with regards to doubling up the cardio like I suggested on the stepmill (another excuse, 'I like walking for cardio'.... F that, getting diced requires one of the two most important words which describe what it takes to prep for a bodybuilding show, sacrifice. This doesn't mean leisurely strolls, it means busting your ass for hours on end when your body is just screaming stop, and you struggle for each extra minute. Freak is right, if you don't feel like shit, you probably did something wrong.)
This isn't meant to rag on you personally, and by no means am I or any of the others saying you don't look good. But just give you the constructive criticism and 'wake up call' you need. It's always some kind of excuse with you, (the lighting is bad, the pics don't do justice, the calipers said 5.8%, I want to avoid a division, the squats were parallel, etc etc etc.)
For the vast majority of cases, ESPECIALLY at the amateur level, if I had to describe another word more than sacrifice which dives success in those who win shows, it would be desperation. These are the guys who are willing to pull out all the stops, stick to the diet as strict as possible, do the cardio for 15 minutes more than everyone else would, slave on the stepmill machine even though their legs are almost too tired to walk up stairs in their house, and so on.
You are now at the point where almost every possibly counter physiological mechanism is kicking in to prevent you from losing more fat. Your total natural thyroid production has droped, T4-T3 thryoid hormone enzyme activity has plummeted, hunger hormones are through the roof, energy is zapped, and many others all of which make it seemingly impossible to keep losing fat, and you have to work more than twice as hard for less than half as much results (or even more of a difference in the ratio). This happens at the point of those "last few pounds" where you try to get out those lower abs, and so forth, but I'm talking way beyond that, I'm talking the point where hours upon hours of work might give an extra subtle cut in their quads, an extra vein here and there, a bit of extra definition of the brachialis, or other tiny changes. But guess what, the desperate guys work that much harder for those "tiny" changes, because they know separates those who place, and those who win.
If you're content having pretty good abs, looking good at shows, and going to a division where you can get a top 3 finish and walking away with some kind of trophy, cool, that's fine, many people are. But, if you want to go somewhere and win shows, these are the things you need to think about every waking moment of every day (especially when it comes to the cardio). You need to start to sacrifice, and you need to get desperate.
You need to start to sacrifice, and you need to get desperate.
I think you should take your time more with dieting Duality. What I mean by that is adding at least 6-8 more weeks to your diet next time. (I have no idea how long this diet was for you).
You're rushing everything in the last couple weeks to lose, and you obviously didn't give yourself enough time.
I think this is a good play too, you do want to be basically stage ready around 4 weeks out...
I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy and acknowledge the following:
MuscleMecca.com does not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or pharmaceutical products.
Advertisers are fully responsible for their content. Use this section at your own risk.
All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical, legal, or purchasing advice.
Illegal activity is strictly prohibited and may result in permanent bans.