• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Duality; precontest 09

C

crossfirebmf

thank you very much. i'm very happy with my placing but not at all satisfied. i want more. the only place to go is up! a lot of friends and family want to come to my next show and that's even more motivation to look even better. i seriously cannot wait to do another show.

There you go. I was going to do my first contest in July, but unfortunately I had to have surgery which threw everything off. I went and watched it though to scope out the competition and I can't wait until next year to get on stage. When are you doing your next show?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
post pics. kthx

lol. i've given you pictures in every way imaginable. mandatories, gym shots, training shots, model shots. you know what i look like.

i don't have the pictures and don't know when i will. if i get them, and i like them, i'll post them. turk never posted his stage shots and you all seemed to be fine with that :bitelip: weird.....

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
lol. i've given you pictures in every way imaginable. mandatories, gym shots, training shots, model shots. you know what i look like.
I'm actually only interested in contest pics since they usually give you a good idea of how you compare to others.

i don't have the pictures and don't know when i will. if i get them, and i like them, i'll post them. turk never posted his stage shots and you all seemed to be fine with that :bitelip: weird.....

There have been loads of pics with Turk onstage.
Wouldn't there pics on the shows website?

Ironslave

Ironslave

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

They all mean nothing, stage pics count. Look at Dennis James, arguably one of the best BB'ers in his prime the weeks before a show, loses it on stage.

Turk didn't make claims about being 5% bf when he wasn't (he wasn't, and he was leaner than you were), or eat a sandwich morning of the show for his carb up, or have a "game plan" to not come in his best because he needed to stroke his ego and get a trophy. I'm just curious to see how your pics turned out, and see this massive vein, and how dry you were, etc etc etc...

I'm still curious, because I'd like to know this.... if you were 5% with some fat still visible on your stomach, what % was Munzer?

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Duality you did great and realize that most of people saying stupid shit have never even posted pics (or if they did they weren't legitimate full body mandatory poses) let alone done a competition. Don't let it get to you. Now move forward and continue to progress and learn by trial and error because no one's body reacts the same. Best of luck.

Incorrect.

Go and look at JB's training log for his most recent prep pictures. He is roughly 5 weeks out at the moment. Those are current pics for a guy that is competing very soon posted on this forum. He is an experienced competitor and knows exactly what he is doing.

Tunen has also done the same the last time he competed. Check back through his thread history.

Flex has trained and done diet prep for a few people here. You may have noticed the threads. You may have noticed he works with pros. He gives diet advice: you listen!

I think it is enough to say that IS has competed and knows his nutrition. He doesn't exactly need to prove himself.

Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Incorrect.

Go and look at JB's training log for his most recent prep pictures. He is roughly 5 weeks out at the moment. T

I'm actually 6 weeks and 1 day out.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
After reading some of the last posts I want to add something:

If brazilian BB are 9% BF onstage, looking ripped as they look then... choose between those:

a) BF measuring protocols are SHIT.
b) Brazilian phisiologists don't know shit about how to apply those protocols.

I don't want to sound harsh, but I think answer A is the correct one. I mean, all we heard some BBs step ontage @ 3-4% bodyfat. That makes no sense with those studies ironslave posted.

No way, it's impossible to have that BIG difference (3% - 9%). Something must have been done wrong.

Anyway, just stop fighting, guys. I truly believe Duality got your point and you got Duality's one.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

If brazilian BB are 9% BF onstage, looking ripped as they look then... choose between those:

I don't want to sound harsh, but I think answer A is the correct one. I mean, all we heard some BBs step ontage @ 3-4% bodyfat. That makes no sense with those studies ironslave posted.

No way, it's impossible to have that BIG difference (3% - 9%). Something must have been done wrong.

Anyway, just stop fighting, guys. I truly believe Duality got your point and you got Duality's one.
Please read the discussion part.
Brazilian bodybuilders presented, in average, a low proportion of fat (mean = 9.65%; SD = 0.51) (table 2). Results similar to these were found in another study with Brazilian bodybuilders8, whose mean proportion of fat was of 6.9%. Other authors, in investigations with bodybuilders of different parts of the world, found similar results, ranging from 6.8% to 9.9%6,9,10,11,16. However, the biggest difficulty for comparing results of different authors is the doubly indirect form of calculating fat proportion. Another way to estimate fat is from its weight; in our study mean fat weight was of 7.29 kg. In other studies with foreign bodybuilders, mean ranged from 3.4 to 7.9 kg1,2,6.
That is a total of 7 studies that are producing results showing contest shape BBers are no-where near as lean as most would claim. As far as I can tell the methods were pretty sound.

Here's another study on the elite BBers:
Morphological profile of elite brazilian bodybuilders in competitive season
ABSTRACT

The aim of this study was to analyze the morphological profile of elite Brazilian bodybuilders who participated in the XXVII Brazilian Championship of Body Building. A total of 28 male athletes (27.0 ± 7.4 years; 78.2 ± 8.7 kg; 170.1 ± 6.9cm), were voluntarily assessed. Anthropometric measures (body mass, stature, skinfolds thickness, perimeters and diameters) were collected from all subjects in the morning shift, at the competition day. The estimated values of the body composition of the athletes were the following: relative body fat, 5.8 ± 0.5%; lean body mass, 73.6 ± 8.2 kg; muscular mass, 54.3 ± 6.7 kg and arm muscular area, 108.51 ± 15.19 cm2. Conversely, the mean somatotype found was: endomorphy, 1.11 ± 0.29; mesomorphy, 8.26 ± 0.67; ectomorphy, 0.95 ± 0.53 (balanced mesomorphy). Besides high levels of muscular development (~70%) and low body fat buildup, the bodybuilders also presented uniformity in the accumulation of located fat. Predominance of the mesophormic component confirmed muscular structure remarkably developed found in the investigated athletes. Therefore, the results of the present study demonstrate that elite body building athletes present large amount of muscular volume, as well as excellent muscular definition, proportionality and symmetry at the day of the competition.

I've also previously posted the study on the accuracy of the various BF measures. Calipers are notoriously unreliable, even with a skilled operator. They are only really useful for progress.

My overall point being that just because a caliper says something doesn't make it so. In fact there seems to be some evidence that competition lean is not as lean as many would like to believe.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
HATER

HATER

why are brazillians the subject of this??.. am i missing something here??...what do brazillians have to do with this thread??

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ Reading helps people to understand.

HATER

HATER

^^ Reading helps people to understand.

i love how you take the time to type that kind of response, when you could have easily just summed up the reasoning in one sentence in the time it took you to type what you did, you could have just ignored me and not answered with a smart-ass comment.

tim290280

tim290280

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
^^ You haven't read the thread properly. You would have seen the discussion that lead to Essensen's post which lead to mine.

M

mvsf1

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
My overall point being that just because a caliper says something doesn't make it so. In fact there seems to be some evidence that competition lean is not as lean as many would like to believe.

Then I'm assuming nobody is 4% BF onstage... right? How level of BF do u think Phil carried in the 2008 IronMan Pro, Tim?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP

thanks man. i'm simply just ignoring/not reading their posts anymore since sadly you cannot set a mod to your ignore list :tear:

anyways, i'm happy with how i looked onstage, and creator is right, numbers don't mean a thing. more a measuring stick of progression.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Have we all finished arguing ourselves in circles?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Have we all finished arguing ourselves in circles?

geez no kidding. i realized that a couple posts ago. don't worry, they can whine until they're blue in the face about numbers and "i was right" bullshit, i'm not replying.

so, until they tire themselves out from talking to themselves, yes, we are done :2: