pingu
Well-known member
Member
- Joined
- Aug 1, 2008
- Messages
- 342
- Points
- 16
Awesome squat man!!! 
Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums
MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.
All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.
Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.
By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.


^^ there was an article in elitefts about squat set-up and form which included arms/wrist tips, you might want to have a look at it.

I can't find that article but i've found the tip I thought of in another one, it's this:
"Pull your elbows down and to the front. Think of trying to bend the bar around your back to touch your knees with the bar sleeves. It obviously won’t happen, but that’s what you should aim to do."
That and squeezing the bar (hard) while benching have had a great impact on my (tiny) wrists, now thay don't bother me any more. I don't know if it's the same for you but I have stupidly thin girly-wrist, it's a matter of bone structure so you can't really help it but being concerned about it while in the gym, never let them get loose and you'll be ok.
Cheers mate.
Nice start to the intense cycle man, ive battled with wrist issues while squatting as well, move the grip to a more comfortable position, and use wrist wraps like freako said, helps with the pain, keep training hard![]()
Yeah, I grip the bar as hard as I physically can. I have a feeling its more about where I position my arms and keeping my wrists straighter.
I agree to the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy and acknowledge the following:
MuscleMecca.com does not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or pharmaceutical products.
Advertisers are fully responsible for their content. Use this section at your own risk.
All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as medical, legal, or purchasing advice.
Illegal activity is strictly prohibited and may result in permanent bans.