• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Skeptic's log.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Nice work on the PB dude.

...Now how are we going to get your bench up?

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Hehe, once I get 200kg for both deads and squat, I'll work on the bench :keke:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Hehe soz man, yeah 1st session of intense cycle starts tomorrow night........................... :bitenails:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Intense cycle week 1 day 1

3@120kg
4@140kg
4@160kg
4@160kg
was supposed to do 5@160kg but decided against it.

DB rows
12@42.5kg
10@42.5kg

The last set was weird, the 4@140kg felt kinda hard, but I hit the first 4@160kg set and it seemed to go smoothly, same with the 2nd one. However a past niggle and a new cunt of one seems to have arrived.

Throughout the base mesocycle I was battling a niggle in my right leg. Right at the top of my quad, it feels like pretty intense DOMS, theres no visible bruising nor is there bruising to the touch on the muscle, however just above it I have a bruise on my hip bone. These seem to be co-related some how, because it only really bothers me when I pass parallel.

The new niggle seems to be my wrists. This is what caused me to stop at the 5th set. For some reason they felt super hyper extended and really caused me issues. I unracked the weight for my last set, but my wrists felt like they were buckling. This has never happened to me before.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
I hope it's something minor and heals quickly.
Great squating.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I pretty much did no leg work during the 2 week switching period/break to let it heal and it was feeling better, but once the weight is loaded it comes straight back. I'll see how it goes though, if it gets any worse then I'll have to seriously consider putting the program on hold. Serious rehabilitation is in order after smolov lol. Fucking smolov.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
^^ health comes first, if it keeps hurting go see a doc. Better safe than sorry.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Try wrist straps maybe? The volume and frequency of Smolov is a motherfucker for the entire body.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I'm gonna see how it goes over the rest of the cycle. I've never felt it before, I have a feeling I need to get my arms under the bar more.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
^^ there was an article in elitefts about squat set-up and form which included arms/wrist tips, you might want to have a look at it.

Pickle

Pickle

Team Winklaar
VIP
good intro skip.multiple sets of 160 is the sexy. lets meet up for some healing. xoxoxo

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
^^ there was an article in elitefts about squat set-up and form which included arms/wrist tips, you might want to have a look at it.

Do you have a link? That'd be really good actually.

Storm

Storm

Strongripology priest
VIP
I can't find that article but i've found the tip I thought of in another one, it's this:

"Pull your elbows down and to the front. Think of trying to bend the bar around your back to touch your knees with the bar sleeves. It obviously won’t happen, but that’s what you should aim to do."

That and squeezing the bar (hard) while benching have had a great impact on my (tiny) wrists, now thay don't bother me any more. I don't know if it's the same for you but I have stupidly thin girly-wrist, it's a matter of bone structure so you can't really help it but being concerned about it while in the gym, never let them get loose and you'll be ok.

Cheers mate.

PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Nice start to the intense cycle man, ive battled with wrist issues while squatting as well, move the grip to a more comfortable position, and use wrist wraps like freako said, helps with the pain, keep training hard :headbang:

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
I can't find that article but i've found the tip I thought of in another one, it's this:

"Pull your elbows down and to the front. Think of trying to bend the bar around your back to touch your knees with the bar sleeves. It obviously won’t happen, but that’s what you should aim to do."

That and squeezing the bar (hard) while benching have had a great impact on my (tiny) wrists, now thay don't bother me any more. I don't know if it's the same for you but I have stupidly thin girly-wrist, it's a matter of bone structure so you can't really help it but being concerned about it while in the gym, never let them get loose and you'll be ok.

Cheers mate.

Yeah, I grip the bar as hard as I physically can. I have a feeling its more about where I position my arms and keeping my wrists straighter.

Skeptic

Skeptic

I am god.
VIP
Nice start to the intense cycle man, ive battled with wrist issues while squatting as well, move the grip to a more comfortable position, and use wrist wraps like freako said, helps with the pain, keep training hard :headbang:

I don't want to start thinking about wraps just yet, I want to see if I can sort it out wihout them first.

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
Yeah, I grip the bar as hard as I physically can. I have a feeling its more about where I position my arms and keeping my wrists straighter.

Try and keep your forearms at 90 degrees to the ground when setting up. If you have to move your grip a little wider then do this. Make your elbows point towards the ground and pull down on the bar. This will allow your lats to keep the tension on the bar instead of your arms and wrists.