• Legal Notice – MuscleMecca Forums

    MuscleMecca.com is an educational discussion platform. We do not sell, promote, or endorse any bodybuilding gear, supplements, research chemicals, or performance-enhancing substances.

    All discussions are for educational and informational purposes only. Nothing posted on this forum should be considered medical or legal advice.

    Do not attempt to sell, source, or promote illegal substances. Any such activity will result in an immediate and permanent ban and may be reported to the proper authorities.

    By using this site, you agree to comply with all forum rules, disclaimers, and applicable laws in your jurisdiction.

    Read Our Full Disclaimer and Forum Rules

Big Guns Log!

Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
week 1/day 3

^ Indeed!

Short session today because I was rushing!

Squat
60k x 5 x 2 warmup
125k x 5
125k x 5
125k x 5
125k x 5
125k x 5

Bench-
60k x 5 x 2 warmup
90k x 5
90k x 5
90k x 5
90k x 5
90k x 5

First week is over with and it feels great. compound FB sessions coupled with volume feels good. I'll prolly stick to what i'm doing for about 6-8 weks and then i'll switch to a more advanced version. :gaysign:
 
X

Xiva

Banned
Joined
Oct 13, 2009
Messages
824
Points
16
Looks allright, next time we want more volume, if you're only gonna do 2 exercises :)
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
nice short session lance. got in and did the basic stuff. goodie. how is the progression of this program? u increase every session or every week?
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Xiva: ok pal lol I was rushed for time and had to get out quick :)

Bulky: Yeh, that's what I planned to do, just the basic for that day. Well the progression is, if u can get all 5 reps on all sets increase by 2.5k so that's what ive been doing. like I said i'll change program in 6 weeks because i'll stall then and I need a more advanced program with a planned progression/deload phase.

Thanks for checkin in bud :)
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Week 2, day 1

Squats-
130k x 5
130k x 5
130k x 5
130k x 5
130k x 5

-Felt light, looking forward to these upcoming weeks :bullwhip:

OH press-
60k x 5
60k x 5
60k x 5
60k x 5
60k x 5

-Again, felt light.

Deadlifts-
100k x 5
140k x 5
160k x 5

-Right I gotta get myself some chalk. I pissed the 160k but my shite grip gave out.

Practised some cleans here with 60k.

Pull-ups-
bw x 8
bw x 6
bw x 6
bw x 6

Again grip went on those pull-ups.
 
_ROBERTiNHO_

_ROBERTiNHO_

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jul 17, 2007
Messages
960
Points
16
Tough session! :omgwtf:
Squat, OP, DL and P-U in the same session are not an easy thing for sure.
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Great session there man!lots of heavy compound stuff!!
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Thanks a lot guys :)
 
cereal

cereal

Well-known member
Member
Joined
May 29, 2009
Messages
342
Points
18
good work out! heavy stuff!
 

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
good session mate. good squats, looking forward to see some big numbers on those.
chalk is a must if you're going to pull heavy deadlifts imo, i'm never limited by my grip when i use chalk. good work overall Lance, keep it up!
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
xiva: Thanks mate :)

crunchy nut: Thanks and welcome to my log. Stick around :)

ironheart: Hey means a lot man coming from a huge, strong mofo like yourself. Don't worry, those squats are going to get heavy, going to do 140k tonight and see how that feels. I wanna get back to squatting 160k and then surpass that.

And good news is ive got some CHALK! Heavy deadlifts to come!! yeah!
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
Week 2, day 2

Squats:
140k x 5
140k x 5
140k x 5
140k x 5
140k x 5

Bench press:
95k x 5
95k x 5
95k x 5
95k x 5
95k x 5

Power shrug:
100k x 5
100k x 5
100k x 5
100k x 5
100k x 5

Dips
Bw x 15
Bw + 20k x 10
Bw + 30k x 5
Bw + 30k x 5

-These felt good.

Was a pretty good workout. I'm happy with that.
 
jonathan

jonathan

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
1,134
Points
36
aah nice to see some simple hard training. Very good Lance
 
Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 22, 2006
Messages
4,193
Points
36
awesome workout lance:2: but did u just jump 10 kg on the squat?! i thought u were supposed to increase 2.5 kg per session;D

anyways, strong work all over. squats and dips stand out.
 
Big_Guns_Lance

Big_Guns_Lance

Eat, lift, sleep, repeat.
VIP
Joined
Jun 18, 2007
Messages
3,384
Points
38
awesome workout lance:2: but did u just jump 10 kg on the squat?! i thought u were supposed to increase 2.5 kg per session;D

anyways, strong work all over. squats and dips stand out.

Yeh I guess lol. The 130k felt light so thats why. Tomorrow i'll increase to 145k and see how that feels. My strength should come back quick, I can feel it already.

Thanks for checking in buddy :thumbsup2:
 
PrinceVegeta

PrinceVegeta

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Apr 7, 2007
Messages
10,145
Points
63
Solid basic compound workout!
 
ironheart

ironheart

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Joined
Oct 1, 2006
Messages
2,066
Points
38
another solid session Lance. good effort on the squats. 5 x 5 with 140kg gonna make them quads grow! good work overall buddy!
 

Similar threads

Seth Feroce Feed
Replies
0
Views
118
Seth Feroce Feed
Seth Feroce Feed
keeptough22
Replies
0
Views
282
keeptough22
keeptough22
razaul
Replies
0
Views
862
razaul
razaul
Natzo
Replies
15
Views
6K
Big_Guns_Lance
Big_Guns_Lance
Top