• musclemecca bodybuilding forums does not sell or endorse any bodybuilding gear, products or supplements.
    Musclemecca has no affiliation with advertisers; they simply purchase advertising space here. If you have questions go to their site and ask them directly.
    Advertisers are responsible for the content in their forums.
    DO NOT SELL ILLEGAL PRODUCTS ON OUR FORUM

Braaq's Training Log

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
great benching bro, damn you must train like a powerlifter :ughnoes:, keep it up :2:

Clint

Clint

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
oh so we wanna be a little girl and only squat 495x10, fine, get on my quarterdeck right now. Oh you wanna be fat and nasty and only bench press 405x5, very well, up-downs begin.

oh, sorry :hide:

for the love of Duality's sister, (pics? :ughfingers: ) yet another fantastic/shitty job all the way around (you suck a moose dick)

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Good chest workout, I like how you are still keeping the sets low. You think you will ever incorporate any HIT movements besides supersets?

EternaL

EternaL

nice chest workout and great benching:xyxthumbs:

The_KM

The_KM

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Subscribed.

You look great by the way Blake. Your lifts are monstrous and can only improve especially with solid dietry and a PH in aid. Keep killn the weights hard and killing the food.

:xyxthumbs:

h0ke

h0ke

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
405x5... Im outta here
:inouteek:

Mikew

Mikew

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
The bench is great. Would be great too see some pics or vids if you have/can fix?

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Back:

Deadlifts:
135 x 8 (warm up)
225 x 6 (warm up)
315 x 4 (warm up)
405 x 4 (warm up)
495 x 1 (warm up)
585 x 1
585 x 1
After my first 585 set I attempted 635, but I couldn't get it up. I pulled and the bar bent and the weight came about an inch off the floor but couldn't get it today :tear: I am going to start pulling from a platform to get stronger at the initial pull from the floor starting next week. So I did 585 one more time to get better at that and at least make myself feel better ;)

Wide-Grip Pull Downs:
220 x 10 (warm up)
250 x 11
280 x 10

Bent Over BB Rows:
225 x 8 (warm up)
315 x 10
315 x 10

Close Grip Cable Pulls:
300 x 10
300 x 9
I died out, after deads and BB rows I was out of energy.

DB Shrugs:
150s x 12
150s x 9 :no: I was done, no more energy to even shrug

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Subscribed.

You look great by the way Blake. Your lifts are monstrous and can only improve especially with solid dietry and a PH in aid. Keep killn the weights hard and killing the food.

:xyxthumbs:

Thanks buddy :2: Havoc didn't do much for my strength, mostly gained size. It just helped me get back to my formal self before I became more laxed about my training.

Mikew said:
The bench is great. Would be great too see some pics or vids if you have/can fix?
Appreciate you stopping by bro, I will try to meet up with Duality for some vids soon. Trust me, I want them too.

Tonyk212000 said:
Good chest workout, I like how you are still keeping the sets low. You think you will ever incorporate any HIT movements besides supersets?

What do you mean besides supersets?

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
honestly dude i don't see the point in doing one reps on anything let alone deadlifts if you're a bber. you're doing the show next year right? do you think doing one reps are going to do anything for your back thickness? not to mention deadlifts are more responsible than any other movement for injuring guys.

i say just man handle 495 for sets of 8, that will get your back thicker for sure and you are far less likely to hurt yourself.

MuscleMecca Crew

Mecca Staff
Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
honestly dude i don't see the point in doing one reps on anything let alone deadlifts if you're a bber. you're doing the show next year right? do you think doing one reps are going to do anything for your back thickness? not to mention deadlifts are more responsible than any other movement for injuring guys.

i say just man handle 495 for sets of 8, that will get your back thicker for sure and you are far less likely to hurt yourself.

Actually deadlifts are the one exercise that I can say, yes you will get hypertrophy from low rep sets. Thus far that has been what I have found for myself. Besides, getting stronger on deadlifts helps with a stronger squat which I has been the case. I have a goal atm and so I am trying to attain that. But your right, I was mainly shooting for a weight here. I do find that reps of 5-6 on deads does build back thickness because I have a thick back, and that is what I have always done. Along with many other pros, including JOJ who taught me that.

Arcane1129

Arcane1129

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
400+ benches, nearly 600 DL, and 600 squat...

how about you stop being a pussy and lift some real weight? :gaygay:

Hypocrisy86

Hypocrisy86

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Hey Blake, you should get duality and his bro and put em on the sides of the BBs and then squat :spy: jk im sowwie hahha

awesome bro, you'll get to 700 soon man, 700 deads and then whats next? DL a car ? :D schwing!

wheres that training vid at bro? :angrydude:

Bulkboy

Bulkboy

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
wow, just wow, that chest workout the other day was amazing, 405 for 5 reps is sick! and that back workout was also incredible, deadlifts are megastrong although u didnt get that 635. maybe try increasing in smaller increments, like u do 600, then next week try for 610?

what happend with doing deads on shoulder day?:D

anyways awesome work bro:2:

tkD

tkD

Administrator
Staff
VIP
as always heavy weights are in every session in this log :D, strong deads bro, even if you couldn't lift 635, there is always a next time, with much more energy and a better motivation.. so good luck for the next Braaqster :2:

El Freako

El Freako

LIFT OR DIE
VIP
After my first 585 set I attempted 635, but I couldn't get it up.

We've heard that one from you before...

:p

A typically awesome session from you once again Braaq. Do you really feel that you need the shrugs? Shouldn't those heavy deads be doing all the work already?

EternaL

EternaL

great back workout bro:xyxthumbs:nice to see always another good and heavy workout

Tonyk212000

Tonyk212000

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
What do you mean besides supersets?

Because you supersetted leg excersises the one day which I classify as an HIT movement. Just curious if you ever do any other HIT movements cause I havent seen any on your log :dunnodude:

Good strength on the BB rows 315 is good :xyxthumbs: The best I ever did is 245 X 7

Braaq

Braaq

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
Because you supersetted leg excersises the one day which I classify as an HIT movement. Just curious if you ever do any other HIT movements cause I havent seen any on your log :dunnodude:

Good strength on the BB rows 315 is good :xyxthumbs: The best I ever did is 245 X 7

I just did super sets because I was pressed for time, but I was unaware of specific HIT movements. I tried researching that and couldn't find anything. Could you tell me what they are? I would appreciate it :tiphat:
I mostly follow the HIT training principles: exercise should be brief, infrequent, and intense. Exercises are performed with a high level of effort, or intensity.

Thanks, if I don't do deadlifts before I can do 365 with good form.. I never go any higher than that though.

Duality

Duality

Mecca V.I.P.
VIP
I just did super sets because I was pressed for time, but I was unaware of specific HIT movements. I tried researching that and couldn't find anything. Could you tell me what they are? I would appreciate it :tiphat:
I mostly follow the HIT training principles: exercise should be brief, infrequent, and intense. Exercises are performed with a high level of effort, or intensity.

Thanks, if I don't do deadlifts before I can do 365 with good form.. I never go any higher than that though.

that infrequent part to me is just plain baloney. we hit everything once a week and considering how we do 6-8 working sets that gives plenty of time to recover. that's one of the philosophies of mentzer that i think is just completely theoritical with no science or substance other than it works for him to support his claim.